JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt said:
All the company sees is money. It is time for all union members to start following the job cards to the letter,no more trying to help the management to make their ETR's . Work safe and when a tool is required by the job card or maintenance manual then make sure they have it for you. Tell your NC that enough allowing the company to stall. Tell them what we want and stop asking them. These negotiations are becoming a joke, they only benefit them. Enough is enough from this IAM member
Yes based on the number of mechanics per aircraft plus other factors seeing that we are Maintenance and Related. 
From the Association September 30th Report.

2. Ten-hour shifts We passed a proposal to the company about implementation and removal of ten-hour shifts and are down to a single issue. This item is from a two-year-old survey when 5/8's was sacred. Most of those in Tulsa that have 4/10's and request it every pick. More Overtime can be had.
Of course, I am referring to Tulsa when I say the removal of the 4/10's shift would severely hamper my ( our ) ability to have extra income and days off together.

I would be interested in hearing a Line response since you guys work a different schedule. How something like a Double - Double - Single could garner you more overtime ?? or not.

This UAL TA has a lot of cuts and negative things in it and is liable to not pass.

We are still making 36.92 an hour for the last 5 years. We got nothing, still have nothing for working the other companys planes. We had 15% based profit sharing, theyre trying to change that to 5%. So there goes a big chunk of that hourly raise.  

Theyre cutting the continental pension by stopping accrual at 30 years, eliminating bridge medical for retirement. 

Changes to OT and field trip rules to cut mechanic income. Outsourcing of all widebody heavy checks to china. 
AAmechanic said:

Reactions: Real tired
This UAL TA has a lot of cuts and negative things in it and is liable to not pass.

We are still making 36.92 an hour for the last 5 years. We got nothing, still have nothing for working the other companys planes. We had 15% based profit sharing, theyre trying to change that to 5%. So there goes a big chunk of that hourly raise.

Theyre cutting the continental pension by stopping accrual at 30 years, eliminating bridge medical for retirement.

Changes to OT and field trip rules to cut mechanic income. Outsourcing of all widebody heavy checks to china.
Just taking a glance at your new T/A, it looks to me as the mechs are looking at more than "self funding" their raises. The hourly rate falls below the "equal" level by 2-3 bucks an hour. And the 1.5% and 1% for years after DOS is pathetic. Knocking the PS down by 2/3rds, eliminating other language and changes to further hinder mechanics overall take home pay is not good. Although I am not there I would predict a big "no" vote for this T/A. And theirs another thing. Why in the hell is the teamsters calling this a T/A. This means they agree with the co's offer. PATHETIC representation. To steal a phrase from one of the AA guys, "Had Enough Yet" Pretty sure you guys know what to do from here...

Just taking a glance at your new T/A, it looks to me as the mechs are looking at more than "self funding" their raises. The hourly rate falls below the "equal" level by 2-3 bucks an hour. And the 1.5% and 1% for years after DOS is pathetic. Knocking the PS down by 2/3rds, eliminating other language and changes to further hinder mechanics overall take home pay is not good. Although I am not there I would predict a big "no" vote for this T/A. And theirs another thing. Why in the hell is the teamsters calling this a T/A. This means they agree with the co's offer. PATHETIC representation. To steal a phrase from one of the AA guys, "Had Enough Yet" Pretty sure you guys know what to do from here...
I tried to tell you guys those raises were no "win".

I was right.

I was watching town hall from DFW and I heard Doug Parker say it is going to be a long time before we get a contract. He mentioned that is why he gave us the pay raises now. Did anyone hear the same, when viewing it?

I was watching town hall from DFW and I heard Doug Parker say it is going to be a long time before we get a contract. He mentioned that is why he gave us the pay raises now. Did anyone hear the same, when viewing it?
Yes I heard the same thing. He also played off the fact that they were only meeting 2 weeks a month. But in the next breath they want to get this done. More double talk as usual. travel day Monday and Friday so that two weeks a month equates to 6 days a month. keep helping them out............

I tried to tell you guys those raises were no "win".

I was right.
Did we have a choice? What's your issue? We had no say about the raise and any other agreements made without our input. Now the association is off the hook temporarily until the natives get restless again. Enjoy the holidays.

Did we have a choice? What's your issue? We had no say about the raise and any other agreements made without our input.
I would start getting used to that if I were you.

Now the association is off the hook temporarily until the natives get restless again. Enjoy the holidays.
I just want you guys to remember the TWU has a history of manipulation. Don't take anything they do at face value even if it seems like it is in your favor. I just don't want you guys to let your guard down because you think the Association had a "win".

I want you guys to make good money but, I also want you to have decent vacation, sick time, retirement, and healthcare.

That last one is a hot button issue for me due to Obamacare driving up cost and companies going for inferior healthcare plans to lower those cost.

I would start getting used to that if I were you.

I just want you guys to remember the TWU has a history of manipulation. Don't take anything they do at face value even if it seems like it is in your favor. I just don't want you guys to let your guard down because you think the Association had a "win".

I want you guys to make good money but, I also want you to have decent vacation, sick time, retirement, and healthcare.

That last one is a hot button issue for me due to Obamacare driving up cost and companies going for inferior healthcare plans to lower those cost.

Again as 1AA stated, what choice or voice have we had up to this point?
"Happy Columb.........errrr Indigenous Peoples Day everyone"
What a double kick in the ass!!!

Reactions: 1AA
Status
Not open for further replies.