JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get displaced from your current job/station, you should bump the junior tech first at your current station. Then take your seniority to what ever station that has techs with less seniority as you do. IMO pretty fair!

With respect to this issue and many others, what is FAIR is what each airline's members think is FAIR.
No one is right no one is wrong.

I've got a feeling the IAM guys are in for a rude awakening.

First off, thanks to all that responded to my question.

All I can say is, you got to be kidding me !! Yeah, most of us are in for a real rude awaking, especially here in PIT, as we are on Gilligan's Island. Kind of the forgotten station. And, "that'll never happen to us," runs rampant here.

If I were to get abolished here, first I would look for the shift and/or department I wanted to bump in to, in my own station first. If they were to close PIT, which most likely will happen, I probably would look to the station that had the easiest commute, then choose the shift, and either Line or Heavy, depending on the days off and shift.

As a last resort, to prevent commuting, I might bump Auto Shop or Plant Maintenance. Or if I had Utility time or Stock Clerk time, I would down grade to prevent the commute.

Not just because "we always did it that way", right or wrong, if you agree with it or not, I truly think that is the fair way. Using your accrued seniority to take you where it will hold you.

well the alleged raise is not on the next paycheck. true motivation...
I didn`t expect it to be. I`ve heard the rate will change on 11-4. That would put it on the 12-2 paycheck if I`m not mistaken.

I'm still trying to figure out the "implementing AND eliminating part.[e-/QUOTE]

According to an E-Board member at TWU Local 514, the vague statement is to allow the president to have more control over the 4/10's issue. Just like most statements from the negotiators, the membership is left in the dark. The E-Board also stated that he believes we will see several more items T/A'd soon??

I just read SWA flight attendants approved their contract. 6% increase November 1 and a 15.9% signing bonus based on the years wages. Now let's see our union get us a 15% plus signing bonus. Oh yes don't forget the 4% we never received!!!!!

I would like to express my concerns on Phx pilot base. How long before the company down sizes the maintenance side????

I would like to express my concerns on Phx pilot base. How long before the company down sizes the maintenance side????

"This doesn't change the number of flights operating into and out of PHX, just where the trips are built from," Stone said.

If they still fly the same number of flights why would maintenance demands decrease?

Also why the cross-utilization agreement was very important. Now they can move out US Airbuses and move in AA 737's like they said they wanted to.

Go Cubs!

I just read SWA flight attendants approved their contract. 6% increase November 1 and a 15.9% signing bonus based on the years wages. Now let's see our union get us a 15% plus signing bonus. Oh yes don't forget the 4% we never received!!!!!

The SWA flight attendants are actually part of the TWU.

I would expect Layoffs will start within 6 months after the contract signing, 1. If we get a halfway decent contract they will have to find a way to pay for it. 2. When they realize how many people AA has and that they can send Maint to other places, our days are numbered!

I would expect Layoffs will start within 6 months after the contract signing, 1. If we get a halfway decent contract they will have to find a way to pay for it. 2. When they realize how many people AA has and that they can send Maint to other places, our days are numbered!

Find a way to pay for it? You're funny, with 13 years of working at sub industry wages and benefits - whatever AMTs end up with has already been paid for in savings. When they realize? As if contracting out some maintenance is a new thing. If they were gonna do it, it would have happened already. What they realize is that finding qualified AMTs that can pass a background and drug screen check is gonna get more difficult. Especially, with sub par pay and benefits. Nevermind the prospect of working graveyard shift with crappy days off for several years. Add to that a full 5 holidays at only time and a half. Yeah, prospective employees are a little more savvy on checking out potential employers, and what they offer.

Also why the cross-utilization agreement was very important. Now they can move out US Airbuses and move in AA 737's like they said they wanted to.

Go Cubs!
Cubs pulled it off. Now onto game 7 tonight.

Hey Matt, be careful of what you wish for. Our F/A's (I am hearing) had to balance some very tough QOL issues for the offer they were voting on. You will have to read deeply into the rest of the offer to see if it is worth the raises. The co. is hoping to do the same with our group (mechanics) but our nc will not allow that to happen. The QOL issues outweigh the pay in our opinions. But, I still predict the co. will throw more $$$ out there to get the membership to put pressure on the nc to at least send it out for a look see. Also our #1 item on the contract proposal survey was 100% retro pay. Our Pilots got it and we deserve the same. For our group it's 100% retro or anything offered without it will get an overwhelming NO vote.

The union NC member came by last night to discuss how negotiations are going. Same old response. He says we're getting close, but have not started talking about big articles yet. Medical, work scope and other articles. He told us to be happy .The union got your wages increased. I mentioned that we are going to miss a major opportunity with the upcoming holidays to show the company that we mean business. I understand that everything we have currently and the new wages are good, but we still don't need to wait another 6 months to get this contract done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts