JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the igm, selfish mentality is alive and well in Tulsa. I watched the Tulsa town hall on jetnet. In the "maintenance throughout the system" segment there is a guy calling for the shutdown of "more expensive maintenance bases". Really? He speaks to a lease signed on the hangar in PIT of $3mil/year for 5 years. He suggests that "one years lease payment be spent to improve Tulsa". The igm will never die and the division between tul and the rest of the mechanics will only grow deeper. I know this ONE clown does NOT represent all of tule, but geez.

I think the 5 year lease had a two year no termination clause in it, which was up some time ago. So the TUL IGM crowd could possibly beg, grovel, claw and scrape for all of our left over scraps at any time now.

Cubs pulled it off. Now onto game 7 tonight.

Hey Matt, be careful of what you wish for. Our F/A's (I am hearing) had to balance some very tough QOL issues for the offer they were voting on. You will have to read deeply into the rest of the offer to see if it is worth the raises. The co. is hoping to do the same with our group (mechanics) but our nc will not allow that to happen. The QOL issues outweigh the pay in our opinions. But, I still predict the co. will throw more $$$ out there to get the membership to put pressure on the nc to at least send it out for a look see. Also our #1 item on the contract proposal survey was 100% retro pay. Our Pilots got it and we deserve the same. For our group it's 100% retro or anything offered without it will get an overwhelming NO vote.

How far back would the retro pay be? To what date?

it would be funny if the company came out and said "technical issues" it will be a few more weeks before we can give the raise.
but we can take **** away in one swipe of the key.....

maybe people will finally wake up.

How far back would the retro pay be? To what date?
Our old contract was amendable on Aug. 16, 2012. On that date we received a 1% increase to hold over until nego's are finished. So we still need to get retro back to this date as the usual raises on that contract were 3%, so we are still do 2% retro from that date to carry forward. The co. was willing to go all the way back to the amendable date for our pilots as well as get dead, retired, and other pilots or their families retro back to the amendable date. The co. can call it whatever they want to call it. In the pilots offer they wanted to call it a bonus instead of retro. That's fine with us, they can call it a cookie if they want to but it will equal the amount owed to us that is equal to full retro for now a total going into 5 years.

I see the igm, selfish mentality is alive and well in Tulsa. I watched the Tulsa town hall on jetnet. In the "maintenance throughout the system" segment there is a guy calling for the shutdown of "more expensive maintenance bases". Really? He speaks to a lease signed on the hangar in PIT of $3mil/year for 5 years. He suggests that "one years lease payment be spent to improve Tulsa". The igm will never die and the division between tul and the rest of the mechanics will only grow deeper. I know this ONE clown does NOT represent all of tule, but geez.

I'am from Tulsa and I felt the same as you, many of these jokers have been on the
TWU teet for too long. The thought of one union member TELLING the CEO to shut
down a maintenance base manned by fellow union members because of cost is a
chicken s--t selfish statement. His excuse of Pittsburg being a high cost station was
a transparent look into his self entitlement attitude that we see more & more in this
country everyday.

I was about fifteen feet from that guy and we still couldn't hear all of what he said. When I watched the video on Jetnet I was appalled to say the least. I could not believe this moron was calling for shutting down stations. I wonder how he'd feel if he had been at AFW? Thankfully this idiot is in the vast minority. I'm sure he is hearing it from his coworkers and rightfully so. There is always someone who has to make us all look stupid in Tulsa. On behalf of all of us responsible people in Tulsa I would like to apologize for this idiot. Please do not think we are all that selfish or stupid in Tulsa.

I was about fifteen feet from that guy and we still couldn't hear all of what he said. When I watched the video on Jetnet I was appalled to say the least. I could not believe this moron was calling for shutting down stations. I wonder how he'd feel if he had been at AFW? Thankfully this idiot is in the vast minority. I'm sure he is hearing it from his coworkers and rightfully so. There is always someone who has to make us all look stupid in Tulsa. On behalf of all of us responsible people in Tulsa I would like to apologize for this idiot. Please do not think we are all that selfish or stupid in Tulsa.

Yeah, I had to replay that portion of the video 3 or 4 times to be sure what I heard. It is truly unbelievable.

hate to say it but that was one of the dumbest comments ive seen in a long time. advocating closing stations..geez.

The "we should take money from PIT, and upgrade TULE" guy, unfortunately said that to the CEO on a company wide video, with his fellow TULE mechs clapping.

That surely isn't going to help TULE image with the rest of the mechanics and especially the LUS mechs.

The most disappointing statement is that management believes the quality of work we get from outside venders is equal to what AFW use to deliver.

The most disappointing statement is that management believes the quality of work we get from outside venders is equal to what AFW use to deliver.
Do you really believe they think that or are they just saying that to make you think they do??

Status
Not open for further replies.