Mechs get merged

Well good luck Tech ! Yes I'm an AMT and you can go ahead and say Buh-Bye to your union because it ain't gonna fly at DELTA airlines ! :shock:

And it's a YES or NO question ! No need for union rhetoric or 1000's of pages of contracts or any other 'round about way you want to answer it !

Are the scabs that crossed AMFA's picket line, now represented by AMFA ? Yes or NO ? :blink:

By LAW, yes!

jeeez! Now move on Southwind!

Could the AMT ranks be cleansed of the Scabs by voting against representation? That would permit DL to release the now-employees at will, dishonorable fly-by-night wrenches. After the cleansing was complete, another vote could be held to organize.

I would hope that's the plan. No AMT in their right mind would currently vote for AMFA, as that would mean assuming the ridiculous (imposed) terms in their CBA. After that's off the table, an organizing campaign could start anew...

Well good luck Tech ! Yes I'm an AMT and you can go ahead and say Buh-Bye to your union because it ain't gonna fly at DELTA airlines !

I don't think Tech was advocating AMFA on the DL property in it's current state. I also haven't seen a single post here, or any other site pushing for it, so you're railing against nothing. Quit looking for strife where none exists.

Furthermore, since you're an AMT, you have no say in how ground employees, F/A's, or anyone else outside your classification votes, so deal.

Are the scabs that crossed AMFA's picket line, now represented by AMFA ? Yes or NO ? :blink:

Did you really not know the answer to this?

By LAW, yes!

jeeez! Now move on Southwind!

Well now..................thats Bullsh_t !

I have nothing against people voting for a union, be it a pilot, FA or ground crew or even AMT's and I wish all of you the best of luck !

So whats so wrong with me voicing my opinion on unions if you can voice yours. Just about half of my family has been involved in aviation since the 50's, believe it or not and I've seen a lot of good and bad, ups and downs and everthing in between. So that, plus the fact I've been in aviation for 25 years and of course the always reliable "freedom of speech" allows me to voice my opinion on unions....................no matter how negative they might be !

Could the AMT ranks be cleansed of the Scabs by voting against representation? That would permit DL to release the now-employees at will, dishonorable fly-by-night wrenches. After the cleansing was complete, another vote could be held to organize.
It will not happen like that. AMFA will most likely be decertifed. Most of those that are covered under the contract don't want it, the SCABS. I highly doubt DL management will cleanse the ranks. They need the bodies in DTW and MSP.

As far as transfering goes, the SCABS are all pretty low time and are only going to be able to transfer into open positions. Unless there is a layoff. Even then I doubt many would have very good options as far as bumping out lower time DL AMTs. Most that have been hired after 9/05 are in NYC and other high cost stations.

As I have advocated previously, please continue to do so.

Your ignorance in representing the non-union side of the debate is fodder for those of us union supporters.

And as I have advocated previously, say buh-bye to your precious union ! :down:

Now it's time to earn your keep ! :shock:

In the Union Buster Hall of Fame there are lots of pictures. Lorenzo, Steenland, Anderson. An extremely weakened AMFA won't have the resources (or the will) to fight Anderson if he decides to dump the AMFA. I know lots of Delta techs and they are doing ok. Why would they want representation? The lists are merged...so what. If they don't let techs move around the system then it doesn't matter. If you're in DTW then thats where you are. You're stuck. I'd be willing to bet they start layoffs in DTW and MSP well before they begin laying off in ATL. Don't worry nwa techs, you'll be back on the recall list.

The big question is..............why is AMFA representing all NW mechanics on the payroll...............including the very scabs that crossed AMFA's picket line ? :blink: WTH?
The truth is that AMFA is a company union(a sham union put together by the industry to undermine actual union representation).

Sir there's one union that's fighting for your jobs, The Teamsters

One good thing; the scabs will all have less seniority than the Delta AMT's. I hope that Delta lays off back to 2005 seniority and all the scabs have to hit the street. Let them find a job with the scab logo burned into their soul.

The scab list is in every hand of all of us honorable who struck the carrier.

We are now spread far and wide, and are on the lookout for them applying.

Most of us are well respected at our new employers and our opinion carries considerable weight in hiring decisions.

In my case, it is part of my job to make those decisions...
If the company decides that the AMFA contract carries seniority weight then all bets are off. The scabs could very well have seniority placement above Delta techs.
The thing to understand here is that AMFA is a company union put together by the industry to give themselves leverage over the unions that represent mechanics.

If the company decides that the AMFA contract carries seniority weight then all bets are off. The scabs could very well have seniority placement above Delta techs.
The thing to understand here is that AMFA is a company union put together by the industry to give themselves leverage over the unions that represent mechanics.

Why do you always come off as an ID-10T?
AMFA was created by mechanics, for mechanics.
Now the Reamsters are another story.

B)

You can call the Teamsters whatever you want. At the end of the day the Teamsters brings home the money, takes care of its members, and is probably the strongest union in this country!

You can call the Teamsters whatever you want. At the end of the day the Teamsters brings home the money, takes care of its members, and is probably the strongest union in this country!

You forgot one other accolade.."the most corrupt".

Like I said, at the end of the day they bring home the money, take care of its members, and ensure that the members truly have a voice.

Have they had issues? Sure.

Has the government had issues? Sure.

Have most corporations had issues? Sure.

This just evens out the playing field!

Like I said, at the end of the day they bring home the money, take care of its members, and ensure that the members truly have a voice.

Have they had issues? Sure.

Has the government had issues? Sure.

Have most corporations had issues? Sure.

This just evens out the playing field!

Corruption is not an "issue". You probably think Blago and his teamsters ties are merely "issues" as well. Gimme a break. :down:

Latest posts