The unions are coming, the unions are coming!

Then, is it criminal that a CEO keeps his bonus while railing his employees - NO, but it is sure messed up, and I sure wouldn't want to work there.

You already work in this type of environment! Several weeks in March, after receiving a combined 49,000 shares of DAL stock worth over $650,000, Richard Anderson and Ed Bastian declared that the company could no longer afford to give pay increases to the frontline employees or step increases to the merit populace. The merit employees of DAL haven't received a performance evaluated step increase since May 2001. That's May 2001!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=DAL

I know, I know...before you say it, I will first. "If you don't like it, leave for Communist's China, Cuba, or North Korea, etc! :rolleyes:

This guy CH12, sounds like a good-ole-southern-boy. Born and raised in the low wage/illiterate/sub-standard education south. And dawg-gone proud of it.
Luke if I were you I would stop wasting my breath before it runs out.
Nothing will dawn on CH12. Nothing has in the past,and he's gotten by.

UnionAMT,
That's an interesting post coming from somebody who registered on this site a month ago... and since then you've been rabidly pursuing your own [demented] agenda while insulting and degrading anybody that disagrees with you. I truly pity you, I really do. When you feel you are so higher above everyone else, it's hard to be talked down from that ledge.

Shall I mention a few examples?

...OOOkay kiddies, Reeady, here comes a new word, are you ready? Can you say c-o-m-m-u-n-i-s-t-s ? Well-hell no wonder Commy China is most favored nation you say?
All right then. Here comes choo-choo with your reality check...

...Human beings with the same basic characteristics as the average Soviet citizen, or Chinese citizen, or North Korean, or for that matter, Mexican. They don't want to stand up for anything. Because they've been shown how to sit down and be patsies....

...Happy to hear you're Mexican.
Oh yea,by the way, the Soviet Union's answer to labor unions was gulags...

I guess the "moderators" around just don't feel like moderating??? In 13 posts this guy has been nothing bust racist and offensive, posting new topics about whatever he wants wherever he wants... nothing constructive, just "useless drivel", to quote his own words. I think we should try to keep at least a minimum amount of intelligence & integrity on the board.

Now, back to more intelligent conversation....

You already work in this type of environment! Several weeks in March, after receiving a combined 49,000 shares of DAL stock worth over $650,000

I'm having trouble understanding your link.... Did Anderson actually "receive" the shares, or did he purchase options on the shares at $13.35 each? Correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm pretty sure that either way, the disposition of stock will force him to hang onto these shares for a minimum of 2 years without penalty, and that if he was "given" the shares, they can be used in lieu of cash salary payment, in which case the company benefits from a cash flow perspective. Again - I may be wrong, but that's just how it appears to me. :unsure:

UnionAMT,
That's an interesting post coming from somebody who registered on this site a month ago... and since then you've been rabidly pursuing your own [demented] agenda while insulting and degrading anybody that disagrees with you. I truly pity you, I really do. When you feel you are so higher above everyone else, it's hard to be talked down from that ledge.

Shall I mention a few examples?

I guess the "moderators" around just don't feel like moderating??? In 13 posts this guy has been nothing bust racist and offensive, posting new topics about whatever he wants wherever he wants... nothing constructive, just "useless drivel", to quote his own words. I think we should try to keep at least a minimum amount of intelligence & integrity on the board.

Excuse me, isn't that what the new topic link is about? Starting a new topic? "Offensive and racist"? I'm not racist, and I'm sorry you're offended and so sensitive. I didn't realize how emotional you might be. However I do realize that the flood of illegal aliens is destroying the culture and economy in the U.S. I have no problem with any ethnic group coming to the U.S. LEGALLY. And you know as well as I that none of my comments are racist. Rather comparisons of the submissiveness of people from former or current communist/fascist countries to the submissiveness of many Americans.
We're watching our country being undermined.
The states are concerned. So far five states have new resolutions to block implementation of the NAU(North American Union). Oklahoma is trying to stop construction of the Trans-continental highway, through their state.
I don't intend to address your false accusations of me anymore. I make no apologies for not being "politically correct" If you truly can't see the forest through the trees, than so be it.

You're on the money Luke. Let me say this;at Delta Airlines, for the mechanics, I've been the Teamsters Union advocate for about sixteen years. Ask many in the TOC, they'll tell you my name. I researched and re-researched, made myself a labor rights activist, became a member of the John Birch Society

...Which isn't something you should be proud of. Why not just complete the circle and join the KKK?

You are an embarassment to the union movement, the idea of a "true" democracy, and America in general.

Hide your shame, trogolodyte.

I can only hope you haven't bred.

I guess the "moderators" around just don't feel like moderating??? I think we should try to keep at least a minimum amount of intelligence & integrity on the board.

Maybe they should be moderating for Eastern SCABS, like yourself!!

Maybe they should be moderating for Eastern SCABS, like yourself!!

Except I don't post comments that are racist, disingenuous, or intentionally offensive. Some people here have done just that. Just like you, I'm entitled to my own opinion. But I don't try to shove it down anybody's throat, I just try to help people see that there is an alternative option that is viable; in this case, the option that DL has been exersizing since it's inception; that the forceful and threatening nature of [many] union-courters should not effect how one decides to vote. It is up to each individual to decide. They certainly don't allow these kinds of pressure tactics in actual government elections, why should we here?

Maybe you're under the impression that calling me an Eastern Scab hurts my feelings????

Except I don't post comments that are racist, disingenuous, or intentionally offensive. Some people here have done just that. Just like you, I'm entitled to my own opinion. But I don't try to shove it down anybody's throat, I just try to help people see that there is an alternative option that is viable... that the forceful and threatening nature of [many] union-courters should not effect how one decides to vote. It is up to each individual to decide. They certainly don't allow these kinds of pressure tactics in actual government elections, why should we here?

Maybe you're under the impression that calling me an Eastern Scab hurts my feelings????

I see...you call passion from experience, as "forceful and threatening" (or that other fake, weak knee term "emotional"). Well, obviously, somebody has a reason for being anti union. How many times do people need to be knocked in the head to "get it?"

You dislike the fact that Delta FAs would be working NY-LA turns (ala JB), if it weren't for "Unions" forcing Delta to compete with Union terms. How bout we put two to a room on layovers to save money for Exec.Bonuses?

I see...you call passion from experience, as "forceful and threatening" (or that other fake, weak knee term "emotional").

"Passion", as you call it, is fine when it is just that. I don't need to compile the loads of comments that were waaaaaay beyond passion, do I? We both know they're there.

You dislike the fact that Delta FAs would be working NY-LA turns (ala JB), if it weren't for "Unions" forcing Delta to compete with Union terms.

Yes, I think Delta competes with the industry averages, which are effected by unions. So I agree that DL employees (non-pilot) have benefited indirectly.

How bout we put two to a room on layovers to save money for Exec.Bonuses?

How about we put two Execs to a room, and pass on the savings to the employees paychecks? I'm in favor of that!

...Which isn't something you should be proud of. Why not just complete the circle and join the KKK?

You are an embarassment to the union movement, the idea of a "true" democracy, and America in general.

Hide your shame, trogolodyte.

I can only hope you haven't bred.

I'm not going to join you in name calling, and by the way if you are going to call names perhaps spell check may come in handy. Thats troglodyte,not trogolodyte.
I see you know nothing of the Birch Society,except the propaganda that you quickly sucked up because you were more busy trying your best to spell troglodyte.

I'm not going to join you in name calling, and by the way if you are going to call names perhaps spell check may come in handy. Thats troglodyte,not trogolodyte.
I see you know nothing of the Birch Society,except the propaganda that you quickly sucked up because you were more busy trying your best to spell troglodyte.
Not going to join in on the name calling?
I'm sure the only reason you are bashing Kev is because you had to google the word for it's meaning and it came up wrong.

Geezzz, that's all you got? Use spell checker?

Spelling flames are weak, and only serve to prove that you have no rebuttal of substance. I should have known a cogent response to any of the issues in this thread was too much to expect from you. My bad.

I know plenty of Birch society. Certainly enough to know that it's objectives and it's members are a stain on all that America stands for.

By the way, you can not be both pro-union and pro Birch; it's utterly hypocritical. I'm guessing you already know that, since you've "researched and researched?" Maybe you're just angry because true unionism is at loggerheads with your personal beliefs?

How do you rationalize being against civil rights (a main tenet of the Birch philosophy for those that might be reading along) while being pro-union-which by design is all inclusive?

How about their anti-immigrantion stance, while you, in fact, are a descendant of immigrants-unless of course you're an American Indian?

Do you treat your minority co-workers at the TOC with overt disdain, or do you keep it to yourself?

I get tired of the anti-union people saying unions are bad for business. Poor leadership ruins airlines not union members.

Southwest has more unionized employees than any other airline. What is the difference?
Leadership!

I get tired of the anti-union people saying unions are bad for business. Poor leadership ruins airlines not union members.

Southwest has more unionized employees than any other airline. What is the difference?
Leadership!
No, not quite, you are comparing apples to oranges, because Southwest has a complete different business model. But yes, I do agree with you, they do have good leadership.

Spelling flames are weak, and only serve to prove that you have no rebuttal of substance. I should have known a cogent response to any of the issues in this thread was too much to expect from you. My bad.

I know plenty of Birch society. Certainly enough to know that it's objectives and it's members are a stain on all that America stands for.

By the way, you can not be both pro-union and pro Birch; it's utterly hypocritical. I'm guessing you already know that, since you've "researched and researched?" Maybe you're just angry because true unionism is at loggerheads with your personal beliefs?

How do you rationalize being against civil rights (a main tenet of the Birch philosophy for those that might be reading along) while being pro-union-which by design is all inclusive?

How about their anti-immigrantion stance, while you, in fact, are a descendant of immigrants-unless of course you're an American Indian?

Do you treat your minority co-workers at the TOC with overt disdain, or do you keep it to yourself?

Kev have you ever been a member of the Birch Society? Or have you ever picked up and read their magazine "New American". This is an organization that is very much pro-constitution and pro-civil rights. There is a decades old false reputation. No doubt spawned from McCarthy era scare tactics.
Instead of name calling, check out New American magazine and you'll find an other view point, than the one you have.
You will also find that, contrary to your belief that they are anti-immigrant, that in fact they're anti-illegal immigrant, because illegal immigration has proven to be a tax burden. There are illegals in the U.S. benefitting from social programs that they don't pay into. Furthering the destruction of our economy.
The Birch Society is also against the North American Union that's being forged. Because it threatens to destroy the country we all know. Open borders.They defend the rights provided in our constitution, and their magazine reports when and where those rights are being attacked.
I think that true unionism is precisely in line with my personal beliefs. For instance if industries and corporations are allowed to form powerful lobbies and expand globally into areas of the world where they can exploit human beings, then we should have the right to form labor unions, unimpeded by unionbusting, and fight back.
Everyday, the "American dream" becomes more of a dream, for working Americans as more millionaires become billionaires.

Back