TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
That's really sad, it basically locks you guys into a no win situation. Which is why your situation will take forever to resolve.it sounds like most people come to work, and collect a paycheck, and have just given up.
You hit the nail on the head that is why its so hard to understand why you give a chit

That's really sad, it basically locks you guys into a no win situation. Which is why your situation will take forever to resolve.it sounds like most people come to work, and collect a paycheck, and have just given up.

Best path to any destination is usually going in a straight line.

70 years like I told you the other day. Through ups and downs this is what it’s like in the Major League.

So Weazz are you saying it can't be done. I can not understand why, you wouldn't want to be under one union. If most people are like that I can understand why you are stuck with the Association.
Driver, you conversing with a anti-AMFA zealot MIA baggage handling engineer who isn't even a shop steward in his own MIA local, if that tells you anything. All he does is burble away day and night on the BB or BookFace. He has not a vote, a stake, or a say in whether a card drive takes place for M@R at AA. It's about as ignorant as an AMT telling a pilot or a F/A they won't, can't, never will have a card drive to change union representation at will. Then throwing a tantrum if they disagree. It's extremely odd and rather comical, like a 2 year old kicking his mothers seat back in the mini-van.

I will say this, if the IAMPF gets anywhere near me, I will be signing an AMFA card the second I see it. So will a sheet load of line AMTs. We are all waiting to see what the Ass does. The IAMPF will be the last straw.

Reactions: B737 driver
Driver, you conversing with a anti-AMFA zealot MIA baggage handling engineer who isn't even a shop steward in his own MIA local, if that tells you anything. All he does is burble away day and night on the BB or BookFace. He has not a vote, a stake, or a say in whether a card drive takes place for M@R at AA. It's about as ignorant as an AMT telling a pilot or a F/A they won't, can't, never will have a card drive to change union representation at will. Then throwing a tantrum if they disagree. It's extremely odd and rather comical, like a 2 year old kicking his mothers seat back in the mini-van.

I will say this, if the IAMPF gets anywhere near me, I will be signing an AMFA card the second I see it. So will a sheet load of line AMTs. We are all waiting to see what the Ass does. The IAMPF will be the last straw.
Thank you for the information I can't for the life of me understand why the American side of the house would be hi jacked into this situation. I mean I totally understand the USair guys they are doing great.

I hope there is going to be a sheetload left

Hey look guys. A Love Boat episode from 1980 when your AMFA drive was only 16 years old. It’s got the Village People and Betty White was still kind a hot.

Hey look guys. A Love Boat episode from 1980 when your AMFA drive was only 16 years old. It’s got the Village People and Betty White was still kind a hot.

I didn't say who the drive would result it, Weazz, like you said, probably will never happen

Thank you for the information I can't for the life of me understand why the American side of the house would be hi jacked into this situation. I mean I totally understand the USair guys they are doing great.
Well, all you have to do is look at the AFl-CIo and why they stuck their big nose into the helping the IAm and the TWu implement this Association with no vote. I think they greased the NMB and slid it it in to save the IAMPF. Industrial unionism 101, all grease is green.

Last edited:
Well, all you have to do is look at the AFl-CIo and why they stuck they're crooked nose into the helping the IAm and the TWu implement this Association with no vote. I think they greased the NMB and slid it it in to save the IAMPF. Industrial unionism 101, all grease is green.
I would say as long as you have been there Hack you should know. The guy was probably right you get to section 6, unless you want a 5 year wait like us, you might as well pull the trigger. I can't see you guys voting in a contract if you don't gain what you lost in bankruptcy, or losing scope. Do you?