TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters

Attachments

• F99CA6C2-5737-4CAD-9322-F2F3D25E5F38.jpeg
    F99CA6C2-5737-4CAD-9322-F2F3D25E5F38.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 248
The IAM has had moments in their History where they’ve sucked.
The IBT has had moments in their History where they’ve sucked.
The AMFA has had moments in their History where they’ve sucked.
The TWU has had moments in their History where they’ve sucked.
The (Insert Union here) has had moments in their History where they’ve sucked.

What they ALL ALL ALL have in common is that they had people in charge at the time that had their backs to the wall or were just way more stupid or greedy than people actually realized.

Oh and all Unions are still just acronyms with 3 or more letters. Some with very smart Membership behind them and some with very stupid Members.
The only reason I said that weeazz, is the Watcher freaks out everytime someone talks about the IAM health care or the pension plan, I say get an industry leading contract with some good work rules and if you end up with American Airlines health plan and a 401k, with say a 15% match, but you don't have the US health care , or the pension, you have everything else.

The NMB recognized the voted on by the membership Association so therefore the company had to recognize the CWA/IBT association

The NMb recognized the "vote"? What Vote? No membership voted for this asso at AA/US period. What are you smoking???

Reactions: 1AA
The NMb recognized the "vote"? What Vote? No membership voted for this asso at AA/US period. What are you smoking???
Sounds like, they just put the merger together, and for whatever reason too lazy to have an election to see who the surviving union would be. That way both unions continue to collect their dues money. But in the interest of the unions, you would like they would want to have an election, because if they outvote the USair guys 2 to 1. It would benefit the TWU, because they would become the sole surviving union, and thus gain the biggest benefit, and you would probably get a T/A faster rather than all the infighting among the two work groups.

Reactions: 1AA
Sounds like, they just put the merger together, and for whatever reason too lazy to have an election to see who the surviving union would be. That way both unions continue to collect their dues money. But in the interest of the unions, you would like they would want to have an election, because if they outvote the USair guys 2 to 1. It would benefit the TWU, because they would become the sole surviving union, and thus gain the biggest benefit, and you would probably get a T/A faster rather than all the infighting among the two work groups.
It was to save the and continue contributions to the IAMPF.

I think John John is referring to the CWA-IBT Passenger Service Association that came about when HP/US combined in 2005.

Unlike the TWU-IAM Association, the CWA-IBT gave their members the opportunity to choose.

HP (West) had recently organized IBT but didn’t have their initial CBA while USAIR (East) had been organized by CWA since late 1990s

Josh

It was to save the and continue contributions to the IAMPF.
Then all the more power to do your card drive, if you have the votes for the TWU, why should you guys fund a pension plan, that you gain nothing from. Let's face it USair would have been out of business, just like TWA, would've been. You guys are getting played by the IAM. They give you no help, why they benefit everyday. I would take my company back and my union back. At least you would have some direction to get some gains back for the last 15 years.

I think there was also a fear that both unions would spend $$$ on a campaign, only to have neither garner enough votes to remain?

Either way, I certainly think a vote would've been the right thing to do.

Then all the more power to do your card drive, if you have the votes for the TWU, why should you guys fund a pension plan, that you gain nothing from. Let's face it USair would have been out of business, just like TWA, would've been. You guys are getting played by the IAM. They give you no help, why they benefit everyday. I would take my company back and my union back. At least you would have some direction to get some gains back for the last 15 years.

This can’t be said enough. USAIR is riding on the coattails of nAAtives/LAA

Josh

So Weazz are you saying it can't be done. I can not understand why, you wouldn't want to be under one union. If most people are like that I can understand why you are stuck with the Association.

I’ve beaten the Horse to death and I can’t even see its stain in the road any more. But I’ll give you a simple answer.

It won’t happen.

I’ve beaten the Horse to death and I can’t even see its stain in the road any more. But I’ll give you a simple answer.

It won’t happen.
That's really sad, it basically locks you guys into a no win situation. Which is why your situation will take forever to resolve.it sounds like most people come to work, and collect a paycheck, and have just given up.

Latest posts