Who was working on this aircraft?

Does anyone have any more details on this incident? Also what about the roof of the house? No one has said a thing about a hole in the roof which of course the part would have had to penetrate the roof before the ceiling which I find more impressive than a hole in some sheetrock.

DON'T BE DILUSIONAL COMPANIES CAN'T COMPETE GLOBALY IN TODAYS MARKETS IF THEY HAVE UNIONS, THERFOR THEY MUST GET RID OF UNIONS.SO YOUR STRIKE WOULD HAVE NOT ENDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.IN THE NEXT 10 TO 20 YEARS UNION WILL BE NO MORE.

Welcome aboard Twolf. May I make some suggestions? First off, pay attention to the topic. Second, Caps are not necessary they make for difficult reading for some people. Third this is a predominately union visited board you are opening yourself up for tons of ridicule. Other than that, welcome to the Northwest Airlines Forum. How about some history about yourself?

that would be a NWA jet as it was headed to DTW.
Now how would you know that unless you personally sabotaged the plane. You know like the ones you left on the ground on the 19th.

======================================================

"FINALLY", you ADMIT the TRUTH !!!!

You ARE a LOWLY IGNORANT SCAB !!!!!!

And pleeeeeeeeeease don't BORE me with your "whining" about AMFA guys crossing the picket line.
WHY ??

Because if you "Bottom feeding leech's" had honored the picket line, this F*cking strike would have ended long ago.
ANY QUESTIONS ????????????????????????????????

NH/BB's

NH/BB's
Your right it would have ended long ago, in the folding of the company and the loss of all jobs.

Now how would you know that unless you personally sabotaged the plane. You know like the ones you left on the ground on the 19th.
Your right it would have ended long ago, in the folding of the company and the loss of all jobs.
first of all, I DO NOT WORK for NWA and I wouldnt sabatoge a plane. I am not a mechanic either. I work for another airline and we went thru the same #### before being outsourced. What NWA is doing is illegal to me and I am very sure most of the NWA employees who lost their jobs due to scabs like you would feel similar to what I feel.
I cant imgaine the shear horror of being a paying customer flying on one of NWA's scab-maintained plane, or whatever is left of the scab fixed airplane.

Gibberish. NWA was headed for right where it is now, bankruptcy court, long before the mechanics contract became amendable. It was not the wages of the employees that put it there, but several generations of of overpaid, incompetent MBAs pretending to be airline executives.

Gibberish. NWA was headed for right where it is now, bankruptcy court, long before the mechanics contract became amendable. It was not the wages of the employees that put it there, but several generations of of overpaid, incompetent MBAs pretending to be airline executives.

NWA/AMT:

I'm not usually one to disagree with you, but I'm curious what, in your opinion, Northwest's Management could have done to avoid the current situation. Every company makes mistakes, but it seems a lot of the current factors (low-cost competition, 9/11, Iraq, high oil prices, etc.) were totally outside NWA's control.

NWA really didnt have as much competition as say DAL or USAIR. IT ws plain stupidity of mgmt for not raising the fares during some of the times that other airline did. NWA put themselves into the CH11 position to wipe out all contracts and if failed, then hire scabs to do the dirty work for the cheap pennies.

NWA really didnt have as much competition as say DAL or USAIR. IT ws plain stupidity of mgmt for not raising the fares during some of the times that other airline did. NWA put themselves into the CH11 position to wipe out all contracts and if failed, then hire scabs to do the dirty work for the cheap pennies.
It is plain stupidity to keep repeating an ignorant statment that has been explained several times on this board concerning airfares. NWA would have had to raise fares by roughly 15% accross the board in order to break even in 2005. In a pricing environment where there is increasingly more LCC competition on increasingly more routes, it would be financial suicide to go out and raise the price that much (if at all) on a product that is completely price elastic. You do understand that it's better to have 200 people pay $200 dollars on a flight than to have 100 people pay $250, right? That's how supply and demand on airfare pricing works. You optimize revenue on every route you fly, which means pricing the product accordingly.

Simply put, you manage your costs to the level of achiavable revenue for the product you sell, not the other way around (I.E., you can't easily manage your revenue to cover your costs, unless you're a government entity).

I know from your posts that you only have a few things that you say, and it usually is like reading the scattered thoughts of a third grader, but I had to pipe up on this one. I realize you won't understand, either because you can't or because you're too committed to your ignorant view of the world, but it will at least give you and the rest of the "angries" someone else to direct your rage (and economic ignorance) at for a few moments.

It is plain stupidity to keep repeating an ignorant statment that has been explained several times on this board concerning airfares. NWA would have had to raise fares by roughly 15% accross the board in order to break even in 2005. In a pricing environment where there is increasingly more LCC competition on increasingly more routes, it would be financial suicide to go out and raise the price that much (if at all) on a product that is completely price elastic. You do understand that it's better to have 200 people pay $200 dollars on a flight than to have 100 people pay $250, right? That's how supply and demand on airfare pricing works. You optimize revenue on every route you fly, which means pricing the product accordingly.

Simply put, you manage your costs to the level of achiavable revenue for the product you sell, not the other way around (I.E., you can't easily manage your revenue to cover your costs, unless you're a government entity).

I know from your posts that you only have a few things that you say, and it usually is like reading the scattered thoughts of a third grader, but I had to pipe up on this one. I realize you won't understand, either because you can't or because you're too committed to your ignorant view of the world, but it will at least give you and the rest of the "angries" someone else to direct your rage (and economic ignorance) at for a few moments.
first of all;, i am not in any way shape or form an ignoratn person adn I have many friends that willl tell you that. It just so happens that I am a very knowledgable person. Just because you are a piss poor mgmt dude, you dont need to treat the former hard working mechanics like #### as you have done so. Second of all, NWA could have raisied air fares prices just by say no mre than 5 or even 10 bucks more like when UAL, DAL, USAIR, CO, etc have done.
NWA also has very little competition as due to the locations of their hubs. Compared to the ol;d USAIR, SWA is the second largest carrier at PHL. and by the way I have been out of high school for over 7 yrs now and i can read and comprehend too bad you cant

Just because you are a piss poor mgmt dude, you dont need to treat the former hard working mechanics like #### as you have done so.

robbed, you use the term "hard working mechanics" a lot. Would you care to define hard working for me? I can only recall a very few that I have actually worked hard. This is the most laid back job I have ever had, I can't even imagine what it was like when there were more mechanics here. There is a mechanic here that spends at least three hours a day in the break room reading the paper and magazines, When it is time to go I often here him commenting to the next crew as to what a tough day he had. So if you would please explain exactly what hard working means.

Actually its plain stupidity to continue with this sort of gibberish. All the pressures you listed above were/are impacting A-L-L of the legacy carriers. ALL the carriers tried to raise fares numerous times in 2004 and 2005 and it was NWA that played the spoiler. There is ample record of this, and the conclusion reached by most was that NWA was attempting to put/keep financial pressure on the weaker carriers to perhaps force them out of business i.e.; USAIR/UAL.

robbed, you use the term "hard working mechanics" a lot. Would you care to define hard working for me? I can only recall a very few that I have actually worked hard. This is the most laid back job I have ever had, I can't even imagine what it was like when there were more mechanics here. There is a mechanic here that spends at least three hours a day in the break room reading the paper and magazines, When it is time to go I often here him commenting to the next crew as to what a tough day he had. So if you would please explain exactly what hard working means.
Well lets see hear, you come on this board daily and now have over 1700 posts. the former unionized mechanics worked hard to keep the aging fleet of NWA planes up in the air safely for years and years while supporting their families. may be it seems to you that they are sittin around cause they dont want to be bothered by scabs!