2 ' Brothers ' SHOT. 1 in NC, the other in OK.

KCFlyer said:

So he got shot for exercising his second amendment right.  What did someone expect to happen?  I dunno...white guys feel they are exercising their constitutional rights. Not sure about Asians.  Black guys....you're right....a gun in the hands of a black man is permission to shoot him.s
thanks for showing us all how clueless you really are, no he got shot for having a gun while he was being arrested.   The second had zero to do with it .
So what would your liberal touchy feely brain suggest they do? say oh he's got a gun, sorry sir go ahead we really don't want to arrest you?
Maybe you should think before you hit the keyboard and make such a stupid fool of yourself

Reactions: 3 people
cltrat said:
thanks for showing us all how clueless you really are, no he got shot for having a gun while he was being arrested.   The second had zero to do with it .
So what would your liberal touchy feely brain suggest they do? say oh he's got a gun, sorry sir go ahead we really don't want to arrest you?
Maybe you should think before you hit the keyboard and make such a stupid fool of yourself

I'm sorry....I thought the second amendment was a right and that we didn't have any RESTRICTIONS on it.  Just like the white guy who got  25 warnings had a right to carry his gun.  One got shot before he ever threatened a cop...the other got shot only after finally FIRING his weapon at the cop.   I'm suggesting that maybe he have been given say..1/6 of the warning that they white guy in the video you haven't watched yet got. 

Are you saying that if you have a CCW and are arrested by a cop, they can shoot you because you have a gun while being arrested? 

Reactions: 1 person
Funny how every "Peaceful Protest" turns into a smash and grab opportunity for impromptu reparations.

I vividly remember seeing "Outraged members of the black community" dashing out of a hair salon in Ferguson with hair extensions.

Really?

I hope the men and women that strap on a bullseye every day double up on the trauma plates for their body armor, it's inevitable someone will try to get some payback.

that was the first mistake you made you thought,
sorry we're done here,I didn't have much respect for you to start with I don't any now

I have zero interest in a conversation with you good day 

Reactions: 2 people
That guy got 25 warnings, and the cop wound up dead because of it. That video has been used for police training for ~20 years, to display why taking action is necessary when there's a reasonable threat to the officer's safety.

Had he acted in the same manner as OK or NC, the GA deputy would have lived.

KCFlyer said:
Are you saying that if you have a CCW and are arrested by a cop, they can shoot you because you have a gun while being arrested?
If you put a hand on it, absof-inglutely. You're a threat. You get dropped.

Reactions: 4 people
JFK Fleet Service said:
Funny how every "Peaceful Protest" turns into a smash and grab opportunity for impromptu reparations.

I vividly remember seeing "Outraged members of the black community" dashing out of a hair salon in Ferguson with hair extensions.

Really?

I hope the men and women that strap on a bullseye every day double up on the trauma plates for their body armor, it's inevitable someone will try to get some payback.
you're right JFK peaceful protest is one thing but to many it's just a chance to steal and grab

eolesen said:
That guy got 25 warnings, and the cop wound up dead because of it. That video has been used for police training for ~20 years, to display why taking action is necessary when there's a reasonable threat to the officer's safety.

Had he acted in the same manner as OK or NC, the GA deputy would have lived.

If you put a hand on it, absof-inglutely. You're a threat. You get dropped.

ANd I wasn't bashing the cop at all.  And you are right...you put a hand on it, you get shot.  However, I seem to recall that not all that long ago, many people who are supporting the cops in this shooting were also posting conspiracy BS about the Obama federal officers who shot a guy in Oregon who was going for his gun.  The difference is - the guy in Oregon was white.  I think that white thugs get "preferential" treatment over black thugs. 

Harry Potter said:

According to the statistics, more white's get shot by police then blacks, by a very wide margin.

How do you square that?

Well...my math isn't that good, but it would SEEM that when whites make up 77% of the population and blacks make up 13%, odds are that more whites are going to get shot by cops.   Maybe even by a very wide margin.  How many whites are shot during routine traffic stops? 

Harry Potter said:

According to the statistics, more white's get shot by police then blacks, by a very wide margin.

How do you square that?

But as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.
According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.
U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.7c1511ddf51e

Reactions: 2 people
Six cops in the Freddy Grey case were also charged with manslaughter.

Remind me how many were convicted by a jury?....

Reactions: 5 people