IAM -- Fleet Service Thread 2/29-3/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you guys are boring to read. The only fun happens when I come on and bash flip floppin Tim and his obscured views on Unionism and DL 141 politics.

Whats up guys? You seem to be wearing out. Its a long time til June when Delaney and the No-Direction Team loses steam and fizzles out.

Here is something to keep you going. Check out the link below and view all the cool new videos from Rich Delaney and His Team.

HOT WINGS!

New Direction 08 Vision of the future Link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ms. Shocker…

Yahh need tahh check out mah personal photo contained in mah profile on this site !

It’s ahh graphic design, that will be custom embroidered... on yer New Direction Cheer Leaders Uniforms.

I spoke with tha seamstress…they said they’ll be ready by June!
;)

Dear Gentle Roabilly,

Forgive me for my delinquency in responding to your generous offer to partake in some Carolina BBQ; however, I must politely decline as I prefer vinegar on a salad and not as the sauce on pork over simmering coles.

How's ever iffin' u b fixin' to join me 'n missus fur sum Texus or Cansus Cittah BBQ nex' time yur passin' thru I's b honor'd.

And finally, should a reputable attorney be retained in the matter of the DFR, in typical Jester style, write me down for $141 as it seems to be a fitting number providing the name and the address of the law firm, as it is cheaper than Tim's local number of $1,487. I would request that in advance, should legal action not take place that a pre-determined, non-controversial charity be agreed upon for a donation of all money collected, less reasonable expenses.

So Suggests Jester.

Dear Gentle Roabilly,

Forgive me for my delinquency in responding to your generous offer to partake in some Carolina BBQ; however, I must politely decline as I prefer vinegar on a salad and not as the sauce on pork over simmering coles.

How's ever iffin' u b fixin' to join me 'n missus fur sum Texus or Cansus Cittah BBQ nex' time yur passin' thru I's b honor'd.

And finally, should a reputable attorney be retained in the matter of the DFR, in typical Jester style, write me down for $141 as it seems to be a fitting number providing the name and the address of the law firm, as it is cheaper than Tim's local number of $1,487. I would request that in advance, should legal action not take place that a pre-determined, non-controversial charity be agreed upon for a donation of all money collected, less reasonable expenses.

So Suggests Jester.
Great sugestion Jester

To DFW, LAS, BOS, LAX, SFO, CMH, and the other few stations that have Duel operations and are working under the interim transition agreement.

Randy Hooton, the SFO US East Local Chairman had a good idea that the Local Chairman [or I presume Local Committee] for each group, at these stations, which are affected by the interim transition agreement, start a dialog together to discuss issues and/or share information.

Randy can be reached by emailing him here

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Dear Gentle Roabilly,

So Suggests Jester.

As to your second suggestion, that is a good idea.

As to the first, :shock: :shock: :shock:

Suh, wahs have stahted ovah less!!

I'll take the vinegar mix over some catsup or worcestshire conconction any day for a proper pork BBQ.

Nowww, the Tex/KAN beef treatment is very good and I do it for variety.

But it ain't the main attraction ;)

Don't blink because the Delta/NW pilots are meeting again today for the first time in a month. There is going to be a major shakeup of this industry in mergers within the next 12 months. Fleet service, keep hanging in there, now is NOT the time to give the company ANYTHING unless fair and equitable includes merger protections.

Mergers = Layoffs....no matter what these airline execs tell the congressional transportation committees.

One thing that bothered me regarding the union's proposal was that it didn't finally address seniority or future representation rights in the event of a merger. USair agents, before 1979, got screwed over with their part-time credit. And all US AIRWAYS workers got only half credit for part-time time before 2000. Not sure how America West was but most airlines use DOH. We need to make sure that ANY LANGUAGE that is signed on recognizes fair principles and not just section 3 of the LPP's of AL/Mohawk.

Way too many cards on the table and billion$ ready to roll in mergers for any work group to get wrapped up in a new contract that doesn't address merger activity better. In particular, we need recognition clauses also so that if a non-union carrier is involved, the IAM is already recognized. Screw mergers if the company isn't willing to make this possible because of a possible union busting attempt.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Dear Gentle Roabilly,

So Suggests Jester.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Jester…

I hope yahh ain’t usin’ reverse psychology on me, but I’ll hold yahh to yer word.
Me ‘n Ms. Roabilly would be delighted tahh break bread with ya’ll!

You’re commitment tahh join us monetarily in ahh DFR pursuit “blows mahh mindâ€! However…I’ll take you as ahh man ah yahh word…as ahh man of integrity, and honor.

I really hope yahh understand where this Membership (Which includes you.) is comin’ frum.

We hard workin’, honest, and sincere Boy’s ‘n Gal’s just tryin’ tahh survive in ahh Nation that has declared war on its own middle class workin’ population.

We are literally fightin’… tahh retain our present standard of life… while earnin’ wages that we grossed almost twenty years ago!

So humbly presents…

Roabilly

Attention:

Joedirt, The Bagfather, Mike33, Cltrat, and all others...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Quote Roabilly)

My man...

I just don't understand this train ahh thought....

Tha only way they... (LCC).... could bring west, under or contract (East) without our approval… would be thru section 6 negotiations… followed by… ahh proposal… followed by ahh T/A with mirror language. Incidentally… without senority interrogation…followed by ahh vote (ratification) frum tha west.

If this were to be attempted… Y’all been “hood winkedâ€￾... 'n democracy has been circumvented!

That ain't whut we are about !

Can anybody give me any past labor case history?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joedirt, The Bagfather, Mike33, Cltrat, and all others...

Boy’s.... I owe ya’ll ahh apology….

Tha other night… when we wuz talkin’ ‘bout West getting’ integrated intah East…

I wuz comin’ off two double shifts, with four hours ahh sleep. In addition… I might ahh been ah “long neckâ€￾ er two over tha line !

I wuz unaware of tha letter Hememway … had presented to tha Membership regardin’ ahh LCC threat tahh integrate West into East… without ahh transition agreement.

I still stand by mah assessment that this would be extremely hard tah accomplish without membership approval. (Maybe… Tim can expound on that)

And most embarrassingly… I further apologize fer mispellin’ integration. (Blame it on spell check)

However...it does seem like “interrogationâ€￾ when we are forced tahh accept several seniority dates!

Roabilly
No apology neccessary but thanks for offering. I have been known to come on here after talking to Jose Quervo one too many times. Slurring with the keyboard is a good indication.

Jester
The offer still stands I know a few places that serve a good Texas style brisket BBQ. Hop on the next one to CLT the BBQ and beer is on me. How about bringing Freedom with you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts