IAM -- Fleet Service Thread 2/29-3/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well were always looking for the chance to prove our value as a fleet
service worker and the opportunity is going to present itself soon. In Phl
the Int'l operation is ready to double and in doing so is ready to fall apart.
So where does our value come in ? They (management) are depending heavily
on the fleet to bail them out. They need to move over 2,500 connections a day,
in a 3 hour period basically out of a closet. They are going to be begging for people
to volunteer or sign up for OT to keep that operation moving. We have an opportunity
to have them see our value. This Int'l opereation as many of us know is pure money
for the company and I have heard PHL provides up to 37% of all revenue generated
at the company and this is why Tempe has decided to move some of thier HQ's to Phl.
So if Mr. Hemingway has eyes I hope he see's the ramifications of his choices. They have
already begun to print up the flyers that state,'' Please bare with us as we continue to grow
in our International operation. We hope that with your continuing support we can make PHL
a Int'l passageway to the world.'
'....and so it will soon begin. OUR VALUE is what ??

**As far as the price of oil, we should not be fooled into thinking we need to take the hit.
At the end of this month that 2nd bag will be $25, so 4 bags buys a barrell. Anyway where
is the money from the $2 a bag curbside check-in at ? One guess who's pocket is seeing that.

Thanks

Well were always looking for the chance to prove our value as a fleet
service worker and the opportunity is going to present itself soon. In Phl
the Int'l operation is ready to double and in doing so is ready to fall apart.
So where does our value come in ? They (management) are depending heavily
on the fleet to bail them out. They need to move over 2,500 connections a day,
in a 3 hour period basically out of a closet. They are going to be begging for people
to volunteer or sign up for OT to keep that operation moving. We have an opportunity
to have them see our value. This Int'l opereation as many of us know is pure money
for the company and I have heard PHL provides up to 37% of all revenue generated
at the company and this is why Tempe has decided to move some of thier HQ's to Phl.
So if Mr. Hemingway has eyes I hope he see's the ramifications of his choices. They have
already begun to print up the flyers that state,'' Please bare with us as we continue to grow
in our International operation. We hope that with your continuing support we can make PHL
a Int'l passageway to the world.'
'....and so it will soon begin. OUR VALUE is what ??

**As far as the price of oil, we should not be fooled into thinking we need to take the hit.
At the end of this month that 2nd bag will be $25, so 4 bags buys a barrell. Anyway where
is the money from the $2 a bag curbside check-in at ? One guess who's pocket is seeing that.

Thanks
airlines have passed '6' increases in ticket prices that 'have stuck' and are using 'oil' as a reason for every boost in revenue they can pimp. THis company has the second best balance sheet in the industry and Doug Parker just said we have a 'leading profit margin'. Yet this company does NOT want a transition agreement and has in fact offered a transition that is the worst one from the last 2 years. C'mon Randy what on earth are you waiting for, section 6 these pricks????????? Put your personal agenda aside and section 6!!!!

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Concur in part about passing costs on to passengers.

Mergers are as much about psychology as anything else, and the double-tap of rising costs and open skies will be the peg airline CEO's hang their hats on.

As has been stated, mergers are a lot about lay-offs.

With mergers coming (right,wrong or indifferent), language is very important, and D141 doesn't seem to be delivering.

"Section 6" is part of the America West negotiations that were going on for 6 months when TWU "thru in the Towel" and decided any union (IAM) would be better than no union. Since we were in active talks with the company and the (Us Airways-merged) at that time, the IAM decided to "Blanket TWU". There, lyes the Loop Hole. There is the domination of company/union of IAM that needs to be addressed.

Anyone with knowledge from AWA should be addressing this. That would be the old officers.

This is Eating me alive! Never been part of a union and now feel the injustice of both company and union. Tim! If you are real! Get this going.

This is Eating me alive! Never been part of a union and now feel the injustice of both company and union. Tim! If you are real! Get this going.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lith...

Welcome tahh modern day airline culture !

"We" (Tha membership) are tha solution... Stay tight with this network.

Keep tha faith...

We are with yahh !

Preserverance! You must be the only true rep on this site. Maybe, Phoenix needs to respond. It was dead silence today. No one knows how to respond. Union is VOID, Company in trouble with ISEN' local initiated safety rules because IAM called them on this as not a union/company cordinated STUNT!

This industry is a JOKE! And US AIRWAYS is waiting for anyone to fix it!

Preserverance! You must be the only true rep on this site. Maybe, Phoenix needs to respond. It was dead silence today. No one knows how to respond. Union is VOID, Company in trouble with ISEN' local initiated safety rules because IAM called them on this as not a union/company cordinated STUNT!

This industry is a JOKE! And US AIRWAYS is waiting for anyone to fix it!

Lith, just sit back and keep whining hoping someone will carry you off into the sunset on that big white horse. :shock: Oh please Tim, save me from the evil company and the evil union.

I learned at a very early age in life if you don't stand up and take care of #1, no one else is going to do that for you. So, that being said Lith, its time for you to step up to the plate and start swinging your own baseball bat. :up:

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 228
Lith, just sit back and keep whining hoping someone will carry you off into the sunset on that big white horse. :shock: Oh please Tim, save me from the evil company and the evil union.

I learned at a very early age in life if you don't stand up and take care of #1, no one else is going to do that for you. So, that being said Lith, its time for you to step up to the plate and start swinging your own baseball bat. :up:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Aluminum Enemy…

I thought we decided yahh were relegated tahh M&R…

Why do yahh keep comin’ back tah Fleet ?

I got plenty ahh little blue MEL/CDL stickers fer yah tah fill out,
peel…’n apply um…you know where !

aluminum enemy,
I've got a bat you can swing.. :lol:

whats up know one to talk to on M/R

since your here how about an update from your neg.

Status
Not open for further replies.