2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would like to think I am making my last posting here and I am moving on with the remainder of my career.  Ill occasionally check back to see if the whiners are still trying to convince us but ill leave with my observational comment then Im off.

First, the MAJOR lesson to be learned here is don't let outsiders determine your fate.  Arbitrators, Lawyers and whale shy!t have one thing in common.

Secondly, employee groups that discriminate on the basis of time over form will ultimately LOSE future leveraging for their value of services rendered.

Thirdly (but maybe THIS should be first) is the lesson of there is MORE bargaining power united than apart.  If the West could have compromised with the East and worked out a BETTER way for us to be together BEFORE the merger with AAL we ALL might have done better on the combined EAST/WEST list with the AAL pilots.  Instead, 15/85 East/West first THEN 15/85 LUS/AAL put our side at a disadvantage.  

From what I can tell just about every Group 2 West Captain went above me in my Group 2 East Captain position.  To me thats a windfall but the alternative was worse.  

The Arbitrators condemned the LUS LOA93 contract but it REALLY was that contract that sealed the deal for the AWA/US merger in the first place.  Our management sold that contract to the creditors with DP and Kirby showing that we had a very competitive contract to keep the new airline in the black.

The list hurt the MDA guys the most but if the East/West merger committees could have thought this through (I know it was impossible with the years of adversity) we stood a much better position together.  

Many in the lower ranks took a hit.  So much for unity in 2020. Good luck ladies and gents.  Ill see you on the line.

Reactions: 10 people
end_of_alpa said:
Well I would like to think I am making my last posting here and I am moving on with the remainder of my career.  Ill occasionally check back to see if the whiners are still trying to convince us but ill leave with my observational comment then Im off.

First, the MAJOR lesson to be learned here is don't let outsiders determine your fate.  Arbitrators, Lawyers and whale shy!t have one thing in common.

Secondly, employee groups that discriminate on the basis of time over form will ultimately LOSE future leveraging for their value of services rendered.

Thirdly (but maybe THIS should be first) is the lesson of there is MORE bargaining power united than apart.  If the West could have compromised with the East and worked out a BETTER way for us to be together BEFORE the merger with AAL we ALL might have done better on the combined EAST/WEST list with the AAL pilots.  Instead, 15/85 East/West first THEN 15/85 LUS/AAL put our side at a disadvantage.  

From what I can tell just about every Group 2 West Captain went above me in my Group 2 East Captain position.  To me thats a windfall but the alternative was worse.  

The Arbitrators condemned the LUS LOA93 contract but it REALLY was that contract that sealed the deal for the AWA/US merger in the first place.  Our management sold that contract to the creditors with DP and Kirby showing that we had a very competitive contract to keep the new airline in the black.

The list hurt the MDA guys the most but if the East/West merger committees could have thought this through (I know it was impossible with the years of adversity) we stood a much better position together.  

Many in the lower ranks took a hit.  So much for unity in 2020. Good luck ladies and gents.  Ill see you on the line.
See you out there as well. Seeing the LAA guys sold out the 321 rates for the arbitration, the rest of the Group 2 pilots are far behind. Perhaps the majority will not advocate for the Group 4 rates in the future in order to catch up with the smaller stuff. Last contract for me. Good luck to all of you. Remember who is your CEO. Prepare to be the laggard in pay and work rules. It is what they do.

Reactions: 5 people
luvthe9 said:
Cleary after crushing AOL idiots.

Cleary took on all comers and kicked ass.  Casting Hollywood stud Holt Macallany to play the dragon slayer was an inspired choice.  When the low budget, straight-to-video Cap'n Aux movie is made, Holt will not return their calls.  

Dirty Harry's brilliant Andy Robinson will play Cap'n Aux.

Dirty-Harry-Scorpio-Killer-4.jpg

posted on September 06, 2016 18:24
Dear PHX Pilots,

By now you have likely seen the final Integrated Seniority List issued by the arbitration panel earlier today and have discovered with great dismay that it us not based upon the Nicolau Award. I know you are as disappointed as I am about that aspect of the award, but most of you are likely relieved to discover that it does not resemble the AAPSIC proposal which would have been far more harmful to most of us, even though that proposal was based upon the Nicolau Award. I fully acknowledge that some of our pilots fare better than others, and some are unspeakably harmed. But further discussing the award at this time is not the point of my message today..

Reactions: 7 people
CaptainBigWood said:
Dear PHX Pilots,
By now you have likely seen the final Integrated Seniority List issued by the arbitration panel earlier today and have discovered with great dismay that it us not based upon the Nicolau Award. I know you are as disappointed as I am about that aspect of the award, but most of you are likely relieved to discover that it does not resemble the AAPSIC proposal which would have been far more harmful to most of us, even though that proposal was based upon the Nicolau Award. I fully acknowledge that some of our pilots fare better than others, and some are unspeakably harmed. But further discussing the award at this time is not the point of my message today..

Two words, Wye River, they had the NIC.

CaptainBigWood said:
Dear PHX Pilots,

In other words, It looks like we will have to actually earn our seniority number. I know many of you were  waiting to get that Capt bid from those Eastholes hired ten  years before you but the Arbs just won't cash that lotto ticket. 

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts