2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dariencc said:
Saw the Sully movie last night.  Theatre packed.  Clint absolutely nailed it.  All I can say about the cast is "Wow."  Hanks, Eckhart, Linney, I could go on and on. 

Holt McCallany was brilliant in the role of Mike Cleary, President of the US Airline Pilots Association.  He got the essence of the man just right.  Nothing flashy or New Age.  Just strong, steadfast American masculinity reminiscent of a bygone era.  Think Gary Cooper or Alan Ladd.  

This one has Oscar written all over it.

Top 5 Movies of All Time

1.  Citizen Kane
     2.  Gone With the Wind
     3.  Sully
     4.  The Godfather
     5.  Caddyshack
Gonna have to respectfully disagree with that placement of Caddyshack, Darien; it's about 3 spots too low on that list..

I may have to go see Sully now, though...

Reactions: 4 people
Hawkhunter said:
LOL, Just had a westie flip me the bird in PHX yesterday. Wasn't wearing his cute tie though. Those AFO better grow up. Hey Catpiss, where is all that Integrity?

They should be mad at Ferguson, Koontz and Simmons, these idiots crushed their careers.

Reactions: 8 people
cltrat said:
my bet if he had been left seat of 1549 we'd be reading his and a lot of other peoples obits

No joke, especially had he counted on the "good" engine for sufficient thrust. All aboard 1549 can properly thank God no such hopeless idiots as that were at the controls then.

P.S. I don't care if we're talking Rolls Royce or even Pratt & Whitney; has anyone ever much heard of an afterwards "good" engine that's just breakfasted on Canadian Geese? I've only been flying gliders/pistons then military/commercial et al for 50 years total myself, so perhaps there's some especially arcane aviation "knowledge" only available within "sparta"/PHX that I've totally missed along the way....?

Reactions: 5 people
Kev3188 said:
Gonna have to respectfully disagree with that placement of Caddyshack, Darien; it's about 3 spots too low on that list..

Arguably agreeable per Caddyshack. It'd be much better to set up a list of at least top ten-twenty/maybe-50 films though. I mean c'mon, we don't even have Casablanca, The Magnificent Seven or Blazing Saddles listed yet.

Reactions: 3 people
luvthe9 said:
AA pilots are learning what a bunch of scumbags the westies are.

How could the AA folks (or ANYone) miss that, since some of AWA's "finest" continue to work so very hard to assure that result?

Envision that pathetic, drooling fool making a welcome aboard announcement: "Welcome aboard ladies and gentlemen. Know that Sully is a complete fraud and that you're in the hands of a true AWA "hero" now instead, so relax."? Imagine how few would actually "relax" afterwards? I more easily could see a stampede for the nearest door.....

P.S. In full fairness though, given the utter absence of ANY intelligence testing or psych screening done for "pilot" hiring at AWA...We all knew at least a few of these fools would pop up with "brilliant" responses to the movie about FLT1549 and those that actually lived it. Without an abundance of utter morons; how would it have even been possible to sell them on the fantasy that they were "heroic soldiers" in some supposed "army of leonidas" in the first place?

Kev3188 said:

Animal House should be on the list!

EastUS1 said:
How could the AA folks (or ANYone) miss that, since some of AWA's "finest" continue to work so very hard to assure that result?

Envision that pathetic, drooling fool making a welcome aboard announcement: "Welcome aboard ladies and gentlemen. Know that Sully is a complete fraud and that you're in the hands of a true AWA "hero" now instead, so relax."? Imagine how few would actually "relax" afterwards? I more easily could see a stampede for the nearest door.....

P.S. In full fairness though, given the utter absence of ANY intelligence testing or psych screening done for "pilot" hiring at AWA...We all knew at least a few of these fools would pop up with "brilliant" responses to the movie about FLT1549 and those that actually lived it. Without an abundance of utter morons; how would it have even been possible to sell them on the fantasy that they were "heroic soldiers" in some supposed "army of leonidas" in the first place?

Check his posts on the APA board telling all the AA guys how Sully screwed, this guy is a real scumbag, guess that's why he could only get a job a AWA, the airline of last resort.

Reactions: 8 people
Betty.jpg

usjacket said:
How about a truce on 9/11!     Thanks!

As one who had the questionable "privilege" of flying among the first half dozen or so arrivals into LGA after it opened up again...and seeing most all of NYC under a death shroud of smoke, well, I've never before or since been more filled with a cold, killing rage than at that time. Trust us on this usjacket; we've not forgotten, nor ever fail to respect the memory of those murdered on 911.

Reactions: 6 people
EastUS1 said:
As one who had the questionable "privilege" of flying among the first half dozen or so arrivals into LGA after it opened up again...and seeing most all of NYC under a death shroud of smoke, well, I've never before or since been more filled with a cold, killing rage than at that time. Trust us on this usjacket; we've not forgotten, nor ever fail to respect the memory of those murdered on 911.

What he said.

luvthe9 said:
Check his posts on the APA board telling all the AA guys how Sully screwed, this guy is a real scumbag, guess that's why he could only get a job a AWA, the airline of last resort.

I'd prefer to keep easy digestion of a fine steak and a few oysters intact at present, and frankly, if I ever wish to envision yet more from "sparta's finest", well, there's always this for ready reference instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlss_LiNeJk

Reactions: 2 people
FL430 said:
Why isn't this westie wearing a liberty tie?

No matter. I'd think that merely the sadly inbred moron appearance suffices of it's self. Bemused vacant stare, "heroic" captain's hands in crotch, unbuttoned pockets, instrument panel as a coffee cup holder/etc. Clearly a true "professional" by any standards....

Should he feel even the slightest need to support his AWAsome braggadocio about being a "15,000 hours" mighty airbus "captain", well my recreational flying wager's always open. Lord knows we could always use some good laughs here. ;)

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.