2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EastUS1 said:

No matter. I'd think that merely the sadly inbred moron appearance suffices of it's self. Bemused vacant stare, "heroic" captain's hands in crotch, unbuttoned pockets, instrument panel as a coffee cup holder/etc. Clearly a true "professional" by any standards....

Should he feel even the slightest need to support his AWAsome braggadocio about being a "15,000 hours" mighty airbus "captain", well my recreational flying wager's always open. Lord knows we could always use some good laughs here. ;)

P.S. If that fool's truly on some "righteous" rants elsewhere, please refer him to my wager. I could at least use the attending laughs...not that "15,000 hours" of essentially playing video/autopilot/computer input/airbus games doesn't hugely impress, but still/etc. I'd think it good for some serious chuckles to see if he could actually FLY. Based on the last nearly full decade of dealing with such "spartans"...I won't hold my breath.

Reactions: 2 people
luvthe9 said:
They should be mad at Ferguson, Koontz and Simmons, these idiots crushed their careers.
oh they are not done yet, does anyone know if an objection to the AOL money pay out was filed by Wilder? As making mention of their "War Chest " these Spartans are far from listening to anybody , with a real law degree and some RLA experience! The APA opted for a new legal team, trained in that area, getting rid of their old attorney, who AOL favored, and will their desires clash with the natives ? And how much longer our seperate ops? As the beacon turns!

Reactions: 4 people
Claxon said:
https://youtu.be/ofDzbPXBxP4
west pilots continue to maintain inane theories that TOGA magically restores damaged CFM 56 engines......
Their Sully rage will be intense in the next few days.
U-Turn Nation:
Under the heading of "You can't make up this stuff," we read the below on a popular blog entitled flightinfo.com. It is reposted in its entirety, without edit. As we have often posted, U-Turn will not get into the Addington DFR debate. That will be solved by the courts. But attempting to turn Captain Sullenberger's appointment to US Airways' management safety team into a political issue? All we can say is consider the source.
U-Turn will accept letters expressing differing opinions, but we also reserve the right not to post them. U-Turn believes that safety is not and should never be turned into a political issue.
Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: Jetz and props
Ratings: ATP, MEI, FE B-727, B-737 type
Curr Position: Flying for the aquiring airline
Total Time: 11,000
Sully, welcome to Phoenix
Open letter to Doug Parker.
September 28, 2009
Mr. Douglas Parker
CEO & Chairman of the Board
US Airways, Inc.
111 W. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, Arizona 85281
VIA EMAIL
Dear Doug:
I'm writing to express my complete and utter disappointment with
today's announcement that Captain Sullenberger will be appointed to a
management position within the company. In fact, as a result of Capt.
Sullenberger's decision to use his new found fame as a weapon against
1800 former America West pilots in a recent federal court case over
pilot seniority, I find the company's announcement particularly
insulting. Not only does this decision now forever discredit the
company's purported "neutrality" in the pilot seniority issue, but it
also calls in to question the credibility of the entire safety
management team. As I hope you'll agree, it is in everybody's best
interests to keep flight safety an issue that is far removed from
politics.
I can respect that Capt. Sullenberger has his own personal opinions
regarding the seniority situation, however, I believe that his
decision to testify in court raises reasonable question as to his
ability to adequately perform his new duties without bias. Capt.
Sullenberger did not provide any relevant testimony in the case, and
was only called to testify by USAPA in the hopes that his celebrity
status would unfairly influence a jury. Instead of limiting the use
his celebrity status in support of productive goals such as promoting
aviation safety and the image of US Airways, he blatantly abused that
status by unnecessarily inserting himself on the losing side of an
issue that he played no prior role in. I cannot be reasonably assured
that he would not similarly misuse his position in management.
While I'm certain that this letter will fall on deaf ears, I can
assure you that this letter by no means an end to this issue, and that
you will be in need of much more than a well polished statement at a
crew news session to address it.
Sincerely,
/s/
Mitch Vasin
PHX 320 FO

Reactions: 5 people
dariencc said:
Similar to Captain Sully, highly respected Captain Duane Giroir has done an admirable job representing his company and profession in public.  The Friendswood, TX police blotter reports on one example of Duane setting a high standard.

http://www.clearlaketoday.com/newsarchives/archivedetails.cfm?id=5690

Family Violence
June 21 (1:18 p.m.) Duane Leon Giroir, 56, of Pasadena, was charged with Unlawful Restraint and Assault Causing Bodily Injury. Giroir allegedly forced his way into his estranged wife’s home at some point on the evening of June 20. A concerned third party called police and stated that he was concerned that Giroir was at the residence and that the estranged wife may be in danger. Police attempted to contact the estranged wife by telephone and were unable to do so. Police conducted a welfare check and were able to remove the wife from the residence when she came to the front door. A police negotiator then contacted Giroir and after more than two hours of dialog, officers were able to enter the home. Once inside, officers secured a handgun and took Giroir into custody. He was taken to a Houston-area hospital for evaluation and released later that night. Giroir’s bond was set at $10,000 and a Magistrate’s Order for Emergency Protection was issued. Galveston County records show that he was released from the Galveston County Jail after posting bond on June 23.
. No thanx I do not need the jumpseat I will wait till tomorrow!

Reactions: 7 people
dariencc said:
Similar to Captain Sully, highly respected Captain Duane Giroir has done an admirable job representing his company and profession in public.  The Friendswood, TX police blotter reports on one example of Duane setting a high standard.

Family Violence
June 21 (1:18 p.m.) Duane Leon Giroir, 56, of Pasadena, was charged with Unlawful Restraint and Assault Causing Bodily Injury. Giroir allegedly forced his way into his estranged wifes home at some point on the evening of June 20. A concerned third party called police and stated that he was concerned that Giroir was at the residence and that the estranged wife may be in danger. Police attempted to contact the estranged wife by telephone and were unable to do so. Police conducted a welfare check and were able to remove the wife from the residence when she came to the front door. A police negotiator then contacted Giroir and after more than two hours of dialog, officers were able to enter the home. Once inside, officers secured a handgun and took Giroir into custody. He was taken to a Houston-area hospital for evaluation and released later that night. Giroirs bond was set at $10,000 and a Magistrates Order for Emergency Protection was issued. Galveston County records show that he was released from the Galveston County Jail after posting bond on June 23.
Looks like the wacky westie Airbus expert has a few skeletons in his closet.

Reactions: 6 people
Claxon said:
Looks like the wacky westie Airbus expert has a few skeletons in his closet.

Ah, AWA the airline of last resort, what a shame we had to acquire a crappy airline. Should have been sold off to Mesa.

Reactions: 8 people
MUTATIS MUTANDIS said:
oh they are not done yet, does anyone know if an objection to the AOL money pay out was filed by Wilder? As making mention of their "War Chest " these Spartans are far from listening to anybody , with a real law degree and some RLA experience! The APA opted for a new legal team, trained in that area, getting rid of their old attorney, who AOL favored, and will their desires clash with the natives ? And how much longer our seperate ops? As the beacon turns!
Yea, tie this thing up for years, good for AA good for the East. Sure hope they use Marty again

dariencc said:

Family Violence
June 21 (1:18 p.m.) Duane Leon Giroir, 56, of Pasadena, was charged with Unlawful Restraint and Assault Causing Bodily Injury. Giroir allegedly forced his way into his estranged wifes home at some point on the evening of June 20. A concerned third party called police and stated that he was concerned that Giroir was at the residence and that the estranged wife may be in danger. Police attempted to contact the estranged wife by telephone and were unable to do so. Police conducted a welfare check and were able to remove the wife from the residence when she came to the front door. A police negotiator then contacted Giroir and after more than two hours of dialog, officers were able to enter the home. Once inside, officers secured a handgun and took Giroir into custody. He was taken to a Houston-area hospital for evaluation and released later that night. Giroirs bond was set at $10,000 and a Magistrates Order for Emergency Protection was issued. Galveston County records show that he was released from the Galveston County Jail after posting bond on June 23.

Looks like our resident TOGA expert is well known by the Biloxi police department as well for credit card fraud?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 8 people
A320 Driver said:
So far, none of you have been able to call any of the West guys out. My guess is they've been told to dummy up awaiting the next round of legal wrangling.
Or maybe they are just flat out embarrassed by making numerous pleonastic prognostications of "Nic is it". Where is prechill with her countdown clocks and nic4us with his " the nic list is the only accepted seniority award accepted by US Airways"? And what say you CB53? Got seniority?

Reactions: 9 people
FL430 said:
Looks like our resident TOGA expert is well known by the Biloxi police department as well for credit card fraud?
Now I really do not need a jumpseat, and AOL has your SS# hope you guys kept up your lifelock company supplied, and he'll watch your credit cards!

luvthe9 said:

If you're of course referring to appropriately self-styled cactus"boy"53; I'd think he's far too busy feverishly clicking his Ruby Slippers together in a last desperate attempt to see his "It's going to be epic!"/"Soon"/etc prophesies somehow come true. Hmm...I wonder how many times anyone could frantically click them together without starting a fire that would endanger one's feet? ;)

Reactions: 6 people
FL430 said:
Or maybe they are just flat out embarrassed by making numerous pleonastic prognostications of "Nic is it". Where is prechill with her countdown clocks and nic4us with his " the nic list is the only accepted seniority award accepted by US Airways"? And what say you CB53? Got seniority?

Well, such things are always a predictable peril of arrogantly infantile "righteousness" and overwhelming "expectations" in this world of ours. After initially offering in 2007 the thought that "Guys/Gals...This Nic thing isn't really going to work out. Can we talk?"...I did offer the reasonably intended suggestion that some of them should at least "Grow Up" many times over the years, but that always fell on deaf "The Nic will be crammed down your throats!"/"Final and Binding!...It's OVER!...Get used to it!"/"This is Sparta!" ears.

Truly (and sadly) is it said that "You just can't fix Stupid."

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.