2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does an employee believe he should be able to bid and fly an aircraft that never existed on his original certificate above someone who at the time currently staffed that airplane?

I am quoting myself here because I can just see the responses to what I've posted.

The East is going to pick that out and claim, that is why we were so upset!

The west never had widebody airplanes yet they are able to now bid and be senior to us that have always had them.

Not fair, in their eyes.

But let's examine this.

For every west guy that bids and is awarded a widebody seat, doesn't that translate to a vacancy on the narrow body airplane they are leaving? A position that didn't exist at the original East certificate? An east FO on the 320 just moved from FO to Capt because that west guy took the 330 position. A vacancy was created and was filled. A process unable to be executed absent the merger and addition of all those airplanes.

This isn't even touching on the what, 20+ 330s that have been added to the fleet as a result of the original merger. Only present because of the original merger.

Reactions: 5 people
Bean said:
i still, to this day, do not understand why the east feels they should be senior to anyone who added aircraft to the equation.
How does an employee believe he should be able to bid and fly an aircraft that never existed on his original certificate above someone who at the time currently staffed that airplane?
If the fleet count remained stagnant, then yes, get in line.
But when the fleet count increases, in other words, you merged, isn't it reasonable and logical that you don't move up or down with respect to where you were prior to that merger.
I didn't move up with Nic, I moved down slightly, about 517 worth.
I just don't understand how people can argue date of hire when there are two entities involved.
If you were bottom of your list, you should be bottom of the combined list.
I was bottom of my list, after the nic I was still bottom of the combined list.
Why should I feel obligated to sacrifice my relative position to help prop up and elevate another because they got screwed from a management I never knew.
It's not date of hire, it's airplanes and the new number that became the reality
The combined fleet didn't increase, it shrank, considerably. The placement of junior west by Nicolau shifted east attrition to the west, greatly increasing the advancement of junior west by stagnating junior east. East that had already been stagnated.

Reactions: 10 people
Bean said:
i still, to this day, do not understand why the east feels they should be senior to anyone who added aircraft to the equation.
How does an employee believe he should be able to bid and fly an aircraft that never existed

I still to this day don't understand why the east had to hand over 20 plus percent of OUR flying to keep you in business..........should of let Project Zanzibar loose.

And remember you brought no wide body's to the merge........your team wanted to go it alone, you should have no rights to ours or AA's.

Reactions: 6 people
Bean said:

You fly 24% of your block hours on some one else's routes

Reactions: 8 people
Freighterguynow said:
You fly 24% of your block hours on some one else's routes
You...Do you mean the pilots of US AirWAYS? Because that's what my paycheck said.  How much block hours would you have had in 2005 if there was NO MERGER?  The same as a Walmart greeter.  Don't worry.  I'm sure the BOA gets it.

cactusboy53 said:
You...Do you mean the pilots of US AirWAYS? Because that's what my paycheck said.  How much block hours would you have had in 2005 if there was NO MERGER?  The same as a Walmart greeter.  Don't worry.  I'm sure the BOA gets it.

Yes, Im sure they do.

cactusboy53 said:
Just remember we saved you from Project Zanzibar .............

Keep clicking those heels Dorothy

Reactions: 7 people
cactusboy53 said:
. I knew things were rough at America West but did not relize you worked at Walmart on the side!

Bean said:

I am quoting myself here because I can just see the responses to what I've posted.

The East is going to pick that out and claim, that is why we were so upset!

The west never had widebody airplanes yet they are able to now bid and be senior to us that have always had them.

Not fair, in their eyes.

But let's examine this.

For every west guy that bids and is awarded a widebody seat, doesn't that translate to a vacancy on the narrow body airplane they are leaving? A position that didn't exist at the original East certificate? An east FO on the 320 just moved from FO to Capt because that west guy took the 330 position. A vacancy was created and was filled. A process unable to be executed absent the merger and addition of all those airplanes.

This isn't even touching on the what, 20+ 330s that have been added to the fleet as a result of the original merger. Only present because of the original merger.

That would be 6 A330s Bean. The 9 A330-300s we had plus the 10 firm orders we brought to the merger.  Parker added 6 more after the merger.

Reactions: 2 people
cactusboy53 said:

America West was not the only game in town. That was straight from Lakefield. We had two options. AWA was the best of the two and once we committed to the path, there was no turning back. The BOA does get it. You're going to be surprised how much they get it...

Reactions: 4 people
A320 Driver said:

America West was not the only game in town. That was straight from Lakefield. We had two options. AWA was the best of the two and once we committed to the path, there was no turning back. The BOA does get it. You're going to be surprised how much they get it...

You're EXACTLY right.  That's why Lakefield was named the CEO of the new US Airways..oh, wait..uhm....

Don't worry.  The BOA really does get it.  Here's some proof from the arbitration panel that gave Phoenix a seat at the table:

[SIZE=12pt]ARBITRATOR JAVITS: All three lists. I guess the gravamen of the questions is are you then putting yourself in the place of Nicolau, are you the new Nicolau because you are proposing a list which may not reflect Nicolau's list? ….. And American pilots. And, therefore, you're making a proposal, which may be different than what Nicolau had in mind and issued back in '07.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]MR. FREUND (in closing): As the Chairman put it so nicely in his questioning of (NAME REDACTED FOR CRYBABIES), what the US -- what the East Committee, the US Airways Committee, the USAPA Committee, call it what you want, what it wants to do is to put itself in the place of George Nicolau and redo what George did in 2007.[/SIZE]

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.