2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claxon said:
2004 hires ruined your career. Dave and Eric had the Nic in the bag, yet turned it down at WYE. Look to them.

https://youtu.be/h2Xx-FXjdC4

Save it.  I've heard it all before.  East good, West bad.  I get it.

I've had it with all the lying lowlife union leader types.  I can't believe how so many look up to these idiots.  They really are a lot like our management people.  Two sides of the same coin.

I've got feelers out and hopefully I'll be out of this place in a few months.  I won't miss any of you jerks. 

Reactions: 5 people
Art at ISP said:
FWIW,

767Jetz is still with UA and that is not his name. I spoke to him last week and my wife spoke to him on Tuesday..
Not buying it. Jetzz is pals from Transtates, with Jurik, and a flock of opportunistic Millenials who went to AWA. They tried the Nic, and screwed the senior AWA pilots with their jiihadist agenda of climbing on the backs of others with Nic or nothing. Jetzz was furloughed from UAL and flew overseas. He went back to west after he was damaged in the CO merge. He did not fare well here either.
He completely vanished from here after he was tagged. His posts on Bimmer forum reveal what a true jacka$$ he is.
Tell him to come back on and tell us how the Nic is it. I guarantee he will be a no show, because he needs to suck up and ride the JS.
Regards.

Reactions: 4 people
dariencc said:
Well said!  It perfectly summarizes the thinking of the USAPA movement.

Bradford and Cleary are two men who would not just sit back and let their pilots get steamrolled.  They decided to shape events, not just watch them. 

They had a mountain to climb and they climbed it.  God bless them.
Bradford had the stones to jam it right back up the tailpipe of the Millenial AWA seniority thieves of the 2004 hire area. He completely understood new union equals no Nic. Cleary took the union by the wheel and drove it away from the torpedoes launched by Leonidas and Ferguson.
Every east pilot owes them a huge thank you. Except Traitor and 924POS.
They got theirs and kicked everyone else to the curb.

Reactions: 2 people
lax to asia said:

I've had it with all the lying lowlife union leader types.  I can't believe how so many look up to these idiots.  They really are a lot like our management people.  Two sides of the same coin.

I've got feelers out and hopefully I'll be out of this place in a few months.  I won't miss any of you jerks. 

Your feelings are understood there, especially per the "Two sides of the same coin" where many union "leader" types are concerned these past decades.

The completely insane concepts of "relative" seniority/"career expectations"/etc serve only to bring out the very worst in people...and gift opportunistic managements with a fractured workforce to play with/laugh at/etc. Once anything becomes "relative" (and another person's worked years then meaningless), well...things quickly devolve into an "It's ALL about MEEE!" scenario, and with that nonsense all respect for supposed "fellows" goes out the window. We've just seen 11 years now since a supposed "merger" sadly prove that to be true. 

For the at most 2 cents it's worth, I'd suggest taking a few breaths and if you still wish to bail, consider the likes of Delta/FEDex or such.  Best wishes for your future in any case.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, you guys are still at it I see, sounds like a lot of people are not to happy with the list, less than a year here for me so have not been to wrapped up in the drama. Reading a lot of the previous posts sure seems our west friends did alright minus the NIC, I'm happy for our guys they stood strong on nic or nothing if not I bet we would have done way worse, going to be real interesting around here the next year or so.

Reactions: 4 people
EastUS1 said:
The completely insane concepts of "relative" seniority/"career expectations"/etc serve only to bring out the very worst in people...and gift opportunistic managements with a fractured workforce to play with/laugh at/etc. Once anything becomes "relative" (and another person's worked years then meaningless), well...things quickly devolve into an "It's ALL about MEEE!" scenario, and with that nonsense all respect for supposed "fellows" goes out the window. We've just seen 11 years now since a supposed "merger" sadly proved that to be true.

P.S. Can anyone now even try to make an honest case for just how truly "bad" a bit of mutual respect for supposed "fellows" in the same class and craft, and recognition of actually earned seniority would have been for all concerned, versus the current situation?...Didn't think so.

lax to asia said:

Asia this, you fell for the lies of Simmons, Ferguson and Koontz and they tanked your pilot group, to bad son, maybe they should write an apology letter the the pilot group.

With that said Hope you find something better than this place, your management team I'm sure will ruin this place!

Agree with EastUS, FedEx or Delta, they are way better than American and know how to treat their employees.

luvthe9 said:

Agree with EastUS, FedEx or Delta, they are way better than American and know how to treat their employees.

"With that said Hope you find something better than this place, your management team I'm sure will ruin this place!" Sadly so methinks....just a matter of how soon they can "manage" turning the once globally respected American Airlines into some sick version of "AWA/Mesa".....

Art at ISP said:
FWIW,

767Jetz is still with UA and that is not his name. I spoke to him last week and my wife spoke to him on Tuesday..
We have his number, you tried deflecting this last time, relative of yours.

Silverflyer330 said:
Well, you guys are still at it I see, sounds like a lot of people are not to happy with the list, less than a year here for me so have not been to wrapped up in the drama. Reading a lot of the previous posts sure seems our west friends did alright minus the NIC, I'm happy for our guys they stood strong on nic or nothing if not I bet we would have done way worse, going to be real interesting around here the next year or so.
Yup, the list is complete crap. APA is being inundated with complaints. Don't be surprised if the stapler gang find a new 'contractual' way around the list. Just sayin'.....

traderjake said:

Tell your Mom I say hi. 

Wow! Now THERE'S inestimable "wit" almost beyond imagining.

For some added laughs:

1) Since (in your "LT Hardy" mode) you asserted that anyone with "Honor" would've accepted the nic, since it was the obviously, somehow truly sacred product of arbitration; does that mean the last board of arbitrators were entirely without "Honor" to do otherwise?

2) Should all with "Honor" eagerly now embrace instead this latest product of arbitration?

3) Has it always been your sad "life's" behavior to rely on others to do your "thinking" for you?....In much the same way as Blanche Dubois/Streetcar Named Desire "always" did? ;)

No matter. Thanks for all your unintentionally provided laughs over the years, "LT Hardy."

EyeInTheSky said:
Yup, the list is complete crap. APA is being inundated with complaints. Don't be surprised if the stapler gang find a new 'contractual' way around the list. Just sayin'.....

I'd be very surprised if they even attempted to do so. Given that; should they try and there be any delay imposed, the only people who would be left loudly whining to escape are in "Sparta"/PHX...and the followers of such village idiots as fergie, their "Supreme Commander of the Army of Leonidas." Well, given where that poor punk was placed on the list...perhaps only few even from PHX anymore.

EastUS1 said:

For the at most 2 cents it's worth, I'd suggest taking a few breaths and if you still wish to bail, consider the likes of Delta/FEDex or such.  Best wishes for your future in any case.

Thanks.  Working hard on Fedex and Ups.  I have contacts at both.  I know they have their issues too but I plan to focus on the job and then go home and live my life.  Commuting form LA to Phoenix stuck in a narrow body right seat knowing that any fair integration would have me driving to work and flying a widebody to Asia is not in my plans.

I'm just sick up to here with pilots scratching each others eyes out.  These idiot pilot union types are always try to pretend they know everything when all they really know is how to fly airplanes.  It's no wonder the business people who really know how to make deals run rings around us.

Your committee won the game of musical chairs.  The thing went back and forth for years and three arbs gave them a good deal and now it's called final and binding.  Right and wrong have nothing to do with it.  Our merger committee was inbred with cronies and got outfoxed by yours.  If I had a nickel for every pilot here that is smarter than Russ or Johan I'd be a millionaire.  But we're supposed to worship the process, right?  What a joke.

Thanks for your good wishes.  Can't wait to be out of this sewer.

Reactions: 5 people
lax to asia said:

Thanks.  Working hard on Fedex and Ups.  I have contacts at both.  I know they have their issues too but I plan to focus on the job and then go home and live my life.  Commuting form LA to Phoenix stuck in a narrow body right seat knowing that any fair integration would have me driving to work and flying a widebody to Asia is not in my plans.

I'm just sick up to here with pilots scratching each others eyes out.  These idiot pilot union types are always try to pretend they know everything when all they really know is how to fly airplanes.  It's no wonder the business people who really know how to make deals run rings around us.

Your committee won the game of musical chairs.  The thing went back and forth for years and three arbs gave them a good deal and now it's called final and binding.  Right and wrong have nothing to do with it.  Our merger committee was inbred with cronies and got outfoxed by yours.  If I had a nickel for every pilot here that is smarter than Russ or Johan I'd be a millionaire.  But we're supposed to worship the process, right?  What a joke.

Thanks for your good wishes.  Can't wait to be out of this sewer.

"Right and wrong have nothing to do with it." As a work group of supposed "fellows"...We could well have better concerned ourselves with right and wrong, but the worst aspects of our species prevailed instead.

"I know they have their issues too but I plan to focus on the job and then go home and live my life. " Sound wisdom, and again best wishes for you and yours. For what it's worth; one thing I've learned in nearing the 65 years point is that a person can never know what's around the next corner, and I hope even a few years hence will see you pleased with whatever choice(s) you make. The most any of us can ever do is look around and take our "best guess" anyway.

P. S. UPS might not be a bad thought these days. They're not anymore the suffering folks like one I commiserated with long ago on "my" jump seat with. Regardless; I've no doubt you've better researched current conditions, but I'd again suggest Delta for pax carriers, noting that packages/freight/etc will always have to flown during anything less than wholesale economic collapse, so there's that to think on per FEDex/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.