2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I actually agree with some things about seniority with you guys I have to ask a question.  Do you think it was fair that some of the 99' hire AA guys got placed below third listers?  I'm not a third lister, but some of these guys/gals(AA) are 2000 numbers junior to me.  Do you really think this arbitration was completely fair?

Reactions: 1 person
Beancounter said:
  Do you really think this arbitration was completely fair?

Not even in the slightest Bean. The only truly fair way would've been to mutually respect each other, and any pilot's actually worked/earned years of seniority. Pretty basic and simple really, but disregarded by our "fellows" in lieu of of yet another "It's ALL about MEEE!" disgusting display of the worst aspects of human nature instead.

Reactions: 4 people
EastUS1 said:

Not even in the slightest Bean. The only truly fair way would've been to mutually respect each other, and any pilot's actually worked/earned years of seniority. Pretty basic and simple really, but disregarded by our "fellows" in lieu of of yet another "It's ALL about MEEE!" disgusting display of the worst aspects of human nature instead.

P.S. I'm just a dinosaur already up to his ears in the tar pit and very soon to be gone, but I sure would've wished to see at least something approaching a cohesive group....but I'm hardly that naive anymore. From a Business School background in youth, and later a bit of Psych education; I sadly expect this work group will prove easily playable pawns to dance at management's every whim for many years to come now. The selfishly "nice" thing there is I've no personal reasons for concern.....but it truly does break my heart a bit anyway. ALL of this insane, internecine BS was so easily avoided, had any with actual brains stepped up on both sides simultaneously....but, well, "This is Sparta!"/etc. Seriously; how were even marginally imagined adults supposed to respond to THAT level of infantile insanity? How does one negotiate with juvenile fools that actually imagine themselves some sort of "soldiers" in a purely Fantasyland "Army"?No matter now. I see the whole thing as just plain sad and wholly needless nonsense. 9 years of full blown crazy/"The Nic will be crammed down your throats!"....and just look at where it all actually got anyone?

I was never kidding about properly employing "spartan" posts over the years as a viable study of Arrested Development...but none of this had to work out as it did. "The Nic will be crammed down your throats!" was merely one of countless exhibits of such utter stupidity. Who on earth could have ever, even possibly negotiated with such completely childish fools?

Beancounter said:
Since I actually agree with some things about seniority with you guys I have to ask a question.  Do you think it was fair that some of the 99' hire AA guys got placed below third listers?  I'm not a third lister, but some of these guys/gals(AA) are 2000 numbers junior to me.  Do you really think this arbitration was completely fair?
I don't think any arbitration can be 100% fair to every pilot. Applying one standard to 3 groups (85/15% equip/status-longevity) will produce peaks and troughs due to hiring patterns and ages in classes.

How much LOS did the 99 hire have vs the 3rd lister? What was their standalone career progression?.

I don't like that LAA guys hired 5 years after me and LAW guys hired 10 years after me (many younger) are senior to me. But they were at about the same relative % position and without using a hard, definable standard like DOH or LOS, that's what you get .

We left it up to 3 men to decide our careers.

Reactions: 2 people
EastUS1 said:

Or an odd aversion to actual flight perhaps? Face it, a "life" spent in simulators offers not the slightest challenge or "threat" of ANY kind at all. EVERYTHING is simply "programmed"...and where's the fun in that for any even supposed Pilot? I've never known anyone who EVER chose aviation for the "reasonable family life" offered. Those that love the sky want to be in said sky instead of some video game. Your actual mileage may vary, I suppose. I've flown for over 50 years now, starting as a 13 year old kid in gliders, and it's my honest observation that the the vast majority of those that intentionally spend their "lives" in simulators, mighty "Check Airmen" they might be, could be easily out flown by most line sorts that have kept their hands on actual controls instead.

I know many that agree, but unlike them, at this point in life I'm blessed with the privilege of not needing to much care at all about what anyone thinks about what I say.

You're blessed alright...

From our AA friends......

UPDATED

JUN 1 2016 UPDATE

15% in total compensation LESS than Delta ALPA straight pay with this number to be as high as 35% before the end of the year with New Delta contract, 40% LESS premium
15% in total compensation LESS than UNITED ALPA, 40% LESS premium
NO REAL PS
NO LTD
NO Retiree Health Care
NO Lump sum payout
NO Hotel contract language
NO 1 Mainline for 1 RJ scope language while we lose one Net mainline EVERY 10 days while Eagle increases 1 large "RJ" every 10 days. While UAL and Delta Replace RJS with Mainline ASAP.
NO Premium PBS system like Delta and United
NO APA LOS while UAL And DAL ALPA furloughs made whole
NO 5 Year ALPA widebody fences
A-Fund underfunding $7 billion while Billions wasted on Stock Buyback and Regional Jets with NO one to fly them in a few years !

Meanwhile.....

DAILY MIN GUARANTEE

FEDX...........................6

UPS..............................6

SWA...........................5.39

DAL (CAL Day)........5.15

UAL (CAL Day).........5

SOURCE: APA contract comparison

Phoenix said:
Lol!
The west pilots who were captains (on the stovepipe list) did just fine. The FOs (who founded AOL) got what they deserved.
Simmons ran from here screaming after all his idiotic legal pontifications blew up in his face.
Meanwhile Ray Burkett is on C&R trying to drum up sympathy because he says he is leaving early, and won't achieve 777 captain by age 60. Poor Ray.
I put money on Ray Ray staying to 65.

Simmons ran from here screaming after all his idiotic legal pontifications blew up in his face.
Meanwhile Ray Burkett is on C&R trying to drum up sympathy because he says he is leaving early, and won't achieve 777 captain by age 60. Poor Ray.
I put money on Ray Ray staying to 65.

I posted on here a couple weeks ago that CB53's nonsensical postings were about to come to a screeching halt. I guess the idiot finally realized he is not as smart as he thinks he is. Damn near a 5 digit seniority number, thought he could leapfrog others that have served their time. Give me a break!

And I love Ray Ray's antics on C&R, trying to unlock the Nic, here's a great one:

New Post:
Bill and Mike,

I have but one very serious question for you or anyone thinking you can change this. Tell me who is going to be your defendant??? See the courts are going to want to know what entity that is. In every lawsuit there are plaintiff's and defendants. Clearly you are the plaintiffs but you have failed to identify the defendants and your cause of action. I may join you as you just might unknowingly unlock the nic award for us. I have stated that MB went retroactive and that violates one of the primary tenants of MB. This thing you are playing with may unravel that. I would simply LOVE it if you could make this work out for me.

Let me know who the defendant(s) are when you know.

R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts