A Look In The Mirror!

PITbull said:
And what spirit might that be "pray tell"?
[post="184881"][/post]​
Please you cannot be that blind. If you have as much time with this airline, that I get the feeling that you have put in, you feel like every day you give it your most and to take care of every thing that we are required to give the PAX, that you could even ask that question! We, not saying you , have a great deal of waste if you can defend that I would like to see it!
We should be FIRST CLASS in ever effort we put forth ....I just hope that we all have sometnong to give! :)

UNC HUSKER said:
Please you cannot be that blind. If you have as much time with this airline, that I get the feeling that you have put in, you feel like every day you give it your most and to take care of every thing that we are required to give the PAX, that you could even ask that question! We, not saying you , have a great deal of waste if you can defend that I would like to see it!
We should be FIRST CLASS in ever effort we put forth ....I just hope that we all have sometnong to give! :)
[post="184890"][/post]​

And that brings me back to my original post on this topic....what is your worth?

We give it our all, go beyond customer expectation...and still get the shaft from this managment to bust us "from here to kindom come".

....but we make great money for what we do. But I do not think that we should take cuts for someone to set on their ass for 55 min out of the hour.

USA320pilot comments: I agree and I do not believe in the entitlement attitude. The issue is that people are willing to work for less and are more productive than US Airways employees. This places US Airways at a competitive disadvantage, just like it would place any company at a competitive disadvantage.

I agree completely with Bobcat. I don't know what is allowed in your two respective departments, per the quotes above, but res is very regimented.

"People are willing to work for less"- I'm sure they are willing to work at less than 20/hr. However, none of us started out at 20/hr.

I don't feel we are overpaid for what we do making 20/hr.

The sad thing about this whole thread is that you read about people who love their job. Clearly, these people are assets to the company. But, management now views these assets as liabilities and will farm out these jobs to those who will do it for about 1/3 of what the salary is now. This is the reality of our cheapo society today. In the end, what goes around comes around and let the people who won't pay the true cost to fly these days to spend hours on the phone trying to understand "Betty" in Mumbai or hours on the computer trying to get the .com website to book properly.

UNC,

I agree with you 100%. If we would get rid of the dead weight from top to bottom, we could and would become a more productive and financially stable airline. By starting at the top of the dead weight heap, I mean starting off with CREMLIN. From that point downward, let the chips fall where they may. Each person that is a slacker, knows that they are slackers. Those that aren't have nothing to fear they will be here. If you are a slacker hopefully it's too late for you to shape up, so it's time for you to get shipped out. I say good riddance because I'm tired of pulling the load for you.

PITbull said:
And that brings me back to my original post on this topic....what is your worth?

We give it our all, go beyond customer expectation...and still get the shaft from this managment to bust us "from here to kindom come".
[post="184892"][/post]​
I know what you are saying but how can we control the uncontrolable. All we can control is what we can give the PAX, I carried a ladies baby seat the other day on the concourse in
CLT not because it was expected but it was the right thing to do! How can we be so condesending to the people that pay or bills..... IF we cannot change our managments style then we need to keep that in house , Not out here for all nto see then again I know that I made a new customer and a return customer for our airline and that is what we should all foucus on..Then again we also need some people in our HQ that hve not forgotten were the money comes from...

I would be more that happy to go there with you PITBULL as long as our CUSTOMER would be our first priority!!!!!Our employees would profit in the end if we would go back to not what they owe us but what we can provide the PAX... :up:

Ramp Rogue said:
UNC,

I agree with you 100%. If we would get rid of the dead weight from top to bottom, we could and would become a more productive and financially stable airline. By starting at the top of the dead weight heap, I mean starting off with CREMLIN. From that point downward, let the chips fall where they may. Each person that is a slacker, knows that they are slackers. Those that aren't have nothing to fear they will be here. If you are a slacker hopefully it's too late for you to shape up, so it's time for you to get shipped out. I say good riddance because I'm tired of pulling the load for you.
[post="184900"][/post]​
Well I am not your slacker and will never be. as there are numerous agents and other IAM employees that are not, but there are some IAM functions that should be elminated and if you can defend that fact we need a mech to push an AC fo five min pay than you are not in it for the over all greater good of all of us asa employees ...sory if the truth hurts but I don't feel like I or my fellow workers should give 23% for someone to work Three minutes out of an hour. IWe need to put the mech back in the hangers fixing AC asnf doing work for othe airlines , but then that would make money and we are not sure as a managment team that we can do that......

If there are people, or whole work groups, out there that are not productive there is a reason. It lies in motivation. There are those with an intrinsic motivation. They work hard because they it is their job. And there are those who rely on extrinsic motivation. Some one makes them feel good about doing good.

The motivated by others rely on good management. My guess is they are a majority.

Dog Wonder said:
If there are people, or whole work groups, out there that are not productive there is a reason. It lies in motivation. There are those with an intrinsic motivation. They work hard because they it is their job. And there are those who rely on extrinsic motivation. Some one makes them feel good about doing good.

The motivated by others rely on good management. My guess is they are a majority.
[post="184908"][/post]​
No not motivation....It is our fault for negotiating tha contracts that we have.I will never be one who says ...why should I do that ....I do that for the simple reason that I was taught by T.Davis this is not my airline ,it is our airline arguee that..... :up:

Husker,

There are unproductive workers, union and non-union alike in every industry...I don't care if you are a waiter at a restaurant or a nurse in a hospital.

I will not follow your narrow, tunnel-vision thinking and blame U's woes on the thought of "unproductive workers". That is not even close to the real problems with this ill-run airline.

Sorry, Charlie...go blame it on somthing else and find other suckers to feed into your garb..

Who are you again??? :ph34r:

this is not my airline ,it is our airline arguee that....

Is it still 'our airline'?

Tom Davis motivated you. He is long gone.

Management, not all management but far too many, have lost sight of the fact their job is to find a way to motivate the people who give good customer service.

It isn't by attacking them for not working hard enough. It is by being there when they do and letting them know.

PITbull said:
Husker,

There are unproductive workers, union and non-union alike in every industry...I don't care if you are a waitress at a restaurant or a nurse in a hospital.

I will not follow your narrow, tunnel-vision thinking and blame U's woes on the thought of "unproductive workers". That is not even close to the real problems with this ill-run airline.

Sorry, Charlie...go blame it on somthing else and find other suckers to feed into your garb..
Who are you again??? :ph34r:
[post="184912"][/post]​
You sit in an office all day long and make judgment calls basically saying everyone is killing themselves and it's nothing to do with unproductive workers :down:

You have no right when you are clueless to the cold hard facts, facts you choose as you please to fit into your very narrow and twisted ideology.

Management is screwed up, sure, that is a given, but unions are far from blameless so stop playing the apologist, DELETED.

cavalier said:
You sit in an office all day long and make judgment calls basically saying everyone is killing themselves and it's nothing to do with unproductive workers :down:

You have no right when you are clueless to the cold hard facts, facts you choose as you please to fit into your very narrow and twisted ideology.

Management is screwed up, sure, that is a given, but unions are far from blameless so stop playing the apologist, it makes you look pathetic.
[post="184916"][/post]​

Cav,

PORTION DELETED. You don't have a clue what I do in a day.

Don't tell me what "my rights" are on here...you egotistical, all-about-my-facts, sorry case for a human....

I see you use my words to twist it into your perverted views.

Now, I digress...I apologize to the other posters. This guy takes everything personally on his one-man anger crusade.