A Look In The Mirror!

PITbull said:
Husker,

There are unproductive workers, union and non-union alike in every industry...I don't care if you are a waiter at a restaurant or a nurse in a hospital.

I will not follow your narrow, tunnel-vision thinking and blame U's woes on the thought of "unproductive workers". That is not even close to the real problems with this ill-run airline.

Sorry, Charlie...go blame it on somthing else and find other suckers to feed into your garb..
Who are you again??? :ph34r:
[post="184912"][/post]​
Garb? That is what is wrong with our airline....Lets point fingers, but remember when you point one you have three pointing back at you !

If you think this is narrow vision I am sorry. I hope that when I go back to work there is a work. I just want to do what I was brought up to do .....I hope that all veiwing this and have not said anything have some what of the same work ethic that I have.
Not saying that you do not. From what I gather, from what you have said you feel like you are owed something. If I am wrong okay I am wrong but I will always give everything and do my part to the end.....I just hope the end is not coming to soon......

I have to agree with you UNCHusker. Every group has them......res agent over-utilizing CWT or FMLA....2 f/a's b*itching about taking a paycut the entire flight in full view of f/c passengers of which I was one.....pilots, mechanics,rampers, and CCY. Management is not exempt as they are very top heavy even with the recent departures.

They do need to go because they are a drain on the company and their fellow co-workers who on a daily basis pull more than their own weight due to these types of employees. They are a small percent of the company but the one that draws the most attention due to the exposure that most of the have to the customer.

And you know who you are......

cavalier said:
You sit in an office all day long and make judgment calls basically saying everyone is killing themselves and it's nothing to do with unproductive workers :down:

You have no right when you are clueless to the cold hard facts, facts you choose as you please to fit into your very narrow and twisted ideology.

Management is screwed up, sure, that is a given, but unions are far from blameless so stop playing the apologist, DELETED.
[post="184916"][/post]​
Cav is directed towards me?

Just love it when the customers come on here and tell the employees what "slackers" they are...you guys make me laugh...cheap fares and all....ah, yea.

You, we, all of us, have a stake here. Pointing a finger or three is only saying I earned my job you didn't.

Each of us has a way of getting things done. Saying if you don't do things my way you should be on the street is saying my way is the ONLY right way.

Maybe not.

Dog Wonder said:
this is not my airline ,it is our airline arguee that....

Is it still 'our airline'?

Tom Davis motivated you. He is long gone.

Management, not all management but far too many, have lost sight of the fact their job is to find a way to motivate the people who give good customer service.

It isn't by attacking them for not working hard enough. It is by being there when they do and letting them know.
[post="184915"][/post]​
Yes and he is rolling over in the grave due to our lack of customer service on all parts.....He is still the best motivator this airline has had......unless you think Ed ....was whom said we do not need to go international.....MIRROR IMAGE WE ARE SLOWLY GOING BACK TO THE PI WAY OF DOING BUIsNESS.....

There are unproductive workers, union and non-union alike in every industry...I don't care if you are a waiter at a restaurant or a nurse in a hospital.
I will not follow your narrow, tunnel-vision thinking and blame U's woes on the thought of "unproductive workers". That is not even close to the real problems..

Sky High states: Tunnel vision?.....What other industry can you work on a 50 HOUR OPTION per month, take 28 VACATION DAYS and work approximately 8 days a month and receive the BENEFITS that they get? PitBull, I am PRO UNION, but, this has got to stop. You look at head count as a union rep. respective. Having 100's of flight attendants working part-time here is UNPRODUCTIVE to the company as a whole.

SKY HIGH said:
I will not follow your narrow, tunnel-vision thinking and blame U's woes on the thought of "unproductive workers". That is not even close to the real problems..

Sky High states: Tunnel vision?.....What other industry can you work on a 50 HOUR OPTION per month, take 28 VACATION DAYS and work approximately 8 days a month and receive the BENEFITS that they get? PitBull, I am PRO UNION, but, this has got to stop. You look at head count as a union rep. respective. Having 100's of flight attendants working part-time here is UNPRODUCTIVE to the company as a whole.
[post="184933"][/post]​
It is not just within th FA group it is throughout the whole airline....we are all to blame it is not just managment we took what they offered and I would again but now it is time to cowboy up! for all of us. I am not saying take 23% I am saying lets stop doing buisness the way we have and get rid of the fat and lets kick their A@@.
I am tired of b B) eing the redheaded step child I want to go back to being the leader in the industry.

SKYHIGH,

Your post above reveals that you have no clue what f/as do, hours, vacation...nothing.

We are a primarily "female" profession (84% industry wide and 82% at U). Our maternity benefits have dwindled to "0". Only thing we receive is "time off". Company won't even consider it "sick leave". It is now "personal leave". And this was BEFORE the restructuring.

A 55 hour f/a receives 17 days vacation at "top-out" seniority (14 year and above). There is only 10% of the population of f/a permited on this low option.

Their pay at the end of the month definitely reflects what they fly.

The company has eliminated option flying in there proposal from the first AFA received. All f/as will be expected to bid lines of flying from 80 to 100, for alot less wage and benefits. If you get sick, there are no accruals of anything, not even vacation day.

The company's intent is draconian, and covertly will eliminate f/as who decide to have a family. Its the same as in the 60s where you had to quit the job if you got married. No benefits, poor wages, and discipline policies that accelerate the process and terminate quickly. The company is also eliminating any incentive that would keep an employee longer than a few years. (eliminating pension and replacing it with 401K with a dirt-cheap match). These are the types of provisions that kick out workers as they get older. Is that fair?

By eliminating unions, and seniority, it will change the landscape of working America for a long time. And workers who find themselves 40 and up will be targeted as "unemployable", specifically in this industry, and may well permeate into other industries.

Then what?

Sort of like Euthanasia...killing ones ability to make a living.

Today, I fight the good fight.

cavalier said:
And die the good death...good night and goooooooooooooood bye pity

You are now officially on my ignore list right next to 700UW, nice matching colors
[post="184941"][/post]​

Cav,

Finally, why thank you. Hope you don't keep PM me to death either! Keep the ignore button ON.

PITbull said:
SKYHIGH,

Your post above reveals that you have no clue what f/as do, hours, vacation...nothing
A 55 hour f/a receives 17 days vacation at "top-out" seniority (14 year and above). There is only 10% of the population of f/a permited on this low option.

Sky high states: well, then you need to UPDATE your section of the contract on AFAUSAIRWAYS.ORG. Section Seven: Top out shows, 28 days.

That is majorly old.

I'll check it out and let the MEC know.

Oh, and I forgot..in the Restructuring 2002, everyone lost 10% vacation days across the board, so 55 hour option has even less days.

Latest posts