A Look In The Mirror!

PITbull said:
SKYHIGH,

Your post above reveals that you have no clue what f/as do, hours, vacation...nothing.

We are a primarily "female" profession (84% industry wide and 82% at U). Our maternity benefits have dwindled to "0". Only thing we receive is "time off". Company won't even consider it "sick leave". It is now "personal leave". And this was BEFORE the restructuring.

A 55 hour f/a receives 17 days vacation at "top-out" seniority (14 year and above). There is only 10% of the population of f/a permited on this low option.

Their pay at the end of the month definitely reflects what they fly.

The company has eliminated option flying in there proposal from the first AFA received. All f/as will be expected to bid lines of flying from 80 to 100, for alot less wage and benefits. If you get sick, there are no accruals of anything, not even vacation day.

The company's intent is draconian, and covertly will eliminate f/as who decide to have a family. Its the same as in the 60s where you had to quit the job if you got married. The company is also eliminating any incentive that would keep an employee longer than a few years. (eliminating pension and replacing it with 401K with a dirt-cheap match). These are the types of provisions that kick out workers as they get older. Is that fair?

By eliminating unions, and seniority, it will change the landscape of working America for a long time. And workers who find themselves 40 and up will be targeted as "unemployable", specifically in this industry, and may well permeate into other industries.

Then what?

Sort of like Euthanasia...killing ones ability to make a living.

Today, I fight the good fight.
[post="184939"][/post]​
Pit why is it that you feel this company owes you anything than more than great pay for a great days worth of work.....we have forgotten how easy it is to replace all of us....you act as if US owes you something....Hell We all wish we could get the most we could .....No I do not agree with the CO in some of the things that they are doing.
But if the CREWS and the FA will not agree to flying more for what they make we will never get out of this. A PLANE ON THE GROUND MAKES NO MONEY!!!!Your productivity as crews makes us all more productive......WE just need managment to see that we do not need pay cuts, but we need productivity ! WE would then turn the corner.....this is not rocket science, but easy for airline employees to see.

WE need to hire within and keep the great resouces that we have here.Not take some joe smoe off the street because he or she just got her or his BA OR MA....

Have they spent one day doing what we do? I think not......Bruce tap your wealth of knowledge...... :up:

Good luck to all nite time for bed! ;)

Husker,

I can tell you are no "rocket scientist"....somewhere in CCY.....

The company wants productivity enhancements across the board..FOR MUCH LESS WAGE.

They want it all.

And yes, I expect to be paid my worth, days pay for a good days work. All employees who have spent years here and loyalty, dedication, excellent service to the customer that has allowed U to be a franchise of 50 years, deserve and expect a decent wage and affordable benefits.

Otherwise, we would have gone.

And on a personal note.... After 24 years of service in this great industry and great airline, I will have the opportunity to vote NO...and then leave...not before.

PITbull said:
That is majorly old.

I'll check it out and let the MEC know.
Oh, and I forgot..in the Restructuring 2002, everyone lost 10% vacation days across the board, so 55 hour option has even less days.

Sky high states: Thank YOU for clarifying that point.

UNC HUSKER said:
Well I am not your slacker and will never be. as there are numerous agents and other IAM employees that are not, but there are some IAM functions that should be elminated and if you can defend that fact we need a mech to push an AC fo five min pay than you are not in it for the over all greater good of all of us asa employees ...sory if the truth hurts but I don't feel like I or my fellow workers should give 23% for someone to work Three minutes out of an hour. IWe need to put the mech back in the hangers fixing AC asnf doing work for othe airlines , but then that would make money and we are not sure as a managment team that we can do that......
[post="184907"][/post]​

What airline do you work for?

US Mechanics only push at five out of 89 mainline stations, and that is only when they are not tied up doing daily checks or other maintenance.

Do you know EVERY US Airways Airplane must been seen by a US Airways mechanic once day to be legal to fly?

I suggest you stick to something you know about, apparently you have no idea on how line maintenance works. Airplanes in hangars get overhauled, who do you think fixes the day to day problems of the airplanes? Not hangar mechanics, line mechanics, without line mechanics your airline would grind to a halt.

PITbull said:
Husker,

I can tell you are no "rocket scientist"....somewhere in CCY.....

[post="184950"][/post]​

I'll bet he's a lead in PHL with less than 6yrs (but thinks he knows it all) who screws things up more often than not and has yet to work in a department where they don't hate him!

Amazing how when folks like DELETED and the other clowns don't like what they hear, they immediately go into character assasination mode (aka - you must work in management). Give it up DELETED, you're going to be serving at Waffle House in less than 180 days.

In theory the following comment stated here should be true.

"The folks who will be shoved out the door, are those folks who have have been, and are productive"

But herein lies an excellent example of how poorly run things can be around here.
Yep, amongst us workers are the good, the so-so and a few who bare know who to do most of their job and never could. Some for decades!
Now, isn't there a problem when people who were hired some years ago, shouldn't have passed probation but did, and years later are no more competent! Management assumes those who manage on a lower rung are doing their job. And these people assume the same about those below them. And so on and so forth.
It's a big charade, and the only people who are aware of such issues are agents working (and carrying the extra burden) with them and the passengers unluckily must deal with them. Sometimes I think we wouldn't be harmed missing a few less bodies, if missed bodies were those who can't work without getting help or messing up.
This is a controllable issue! And an ignored procductivity issue. If the company can't manage its staff, keep the good, replace those beyond help with the more capable, it certainly can't fix more complex issues.