A Possible Strike- Iam, Afa, Cwa Thanksgiving Week

Aug 23, 2002
Could there be a combined strike by AFA, IAM & CWA during Thanksgiving week?

The company said they wanted negotiations with the unions rather than forcing paycuts...Then they did the opposite and asked and got 21 % paycuts....

Then the company said, we don't want to have to file to abbrogate union contracts...And then they lied again and filed to do just that....

Seems to me the unions have to get some action going or the company is gonna take everything people have worked and sacraficed for that's left to this point for the company...giving past concessions...giving up pensions...etc..

I think the brothers and sisters in AFA, IAM & CWA have to stand together now to fight this one, with everybody backed into a corner.....

Teddy, are you out there?

You cannot strike until the abrogation, the hearing is December 2nd, after the time period.

Reservation Agent said:
Could there be a combined strike by AFA, IAM & CWA during Thanksgiving week?
[post="200544"][/post]​

No, you have to go through the process first (looks to be 51 days max from yesterday). Once the Judge makes his ruling then all bets are off.

700UW said:
You cannot strike until the abrogation, the hearing is December 2nd, after the time period.
[post="200546"][/post]​

700UW,

Not trying to be offensive, but is the IAM even considering a strike vote?

Take Care,
B) UT

If a person buys a handgun...puts bullets in the gun...puts the gun to my temple... and pulls the trigger and shoots me..It is still "attempted murder"...whether I am dead yet or not yet...

It is the act....Not the outcome of the act....The act or deed of "breaking" it already happened...... in leiu of "good faith" negotiations....

That is my opinion...I am just using that as an example...not literally saying a firearm is used by anyone....

The company ALREADY was found guilty of breaking the IAM's contract by outsourcing in a recent court decision....

And.... the company already broke the contracts on pay and pension benefits by using the BK court to cut "mutually... agreed to... contract pay scales" by 21 %....

That may have been accomplished thru Judge Stephen Mitchell...But, BREAKING a "contract pay scale provision " thru BK court is still BREAKING a consentually signed contract, provision....The BK judge is just the method to do it !....

UAL_TECH
Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Not trying to be offensive, but is the IAM even considering a strike vote?

A strike vote for the Mechanic & Relateds (D.L.142) would be a formality at this point. Everyday people wander into the Union office ranting and raving about when we'll finally will be able to ............. (legal considerations require that I don't disclose actual statements)

The strike vote will probably be scheduled for a time that will yield maximum effect. Like after the 1113c hearings are concluded and the judge is in his consideration period.

We expect our totals to exeed the CWA's 86%.