AA to expand domestic flying out of MIA

Still don't get it - everything is always framed such that Delta is the one with the advantage, even when that isn't the case.  Still stuck in 2008 ...

Reactions: 4 people
I think AA is poised to gain a good amount of the LDS missionary traffic to Latin America with this new flight. I travel to SLC several times each season and often see large groups on the DFW-SLC flights.

Josh

WorldTraveler said:
there is LDS traffic all over DL's network.
And believe me, there is LDS traffic all over AA's network, too. They operate their own TMC, and have corporate contracts with all of the major US carriers and at least two of the major GDS's.

Reactions: 1 person
which is why seeing it on a flight is not such a big deal.

doesn't change that DL will see AA's intention to fly SLC-MIA as the competitive threat it is.

Parker and co. did the same thing before and DL answered every time. US gained nothing relative to DL and DL over time gained more in US' key markets than US did in return.

Of course Parker giving away 125 slot pairs at LGA did wonders for DL's ability to gain in key US markets.

eolesen said:
And believe me, there is LDS traffic all over AA's network, too. They operate their own TMC, and have corporate contracts with all of the major US carriers and at least two of the major GDS's.
They also put people working for the congregation up in $3000+/month apartments in Cambridge so that's hardly surprising. Nothing wrong with it, just pointing out that they have a considerable travel budget at their disposal and airlines must compete for their business.

Josh

Kev3188 said:
TMC= travel management company?
You got it, although more correctly it's an inhouse travel agency. They send between 30,000 and 40,000 missionaries out every year, so taking into account other church business travel, they're booking well over 100,000 segments a year.

I love how American adding non-stop service between Miami and Salt Lake City is suddenly an attack on Delta in WT's twisted little world.

How about the fact that Salt Lake City is one of the largest O&D markets not served non-stop from Miami? 

Or just upset that Delta has been unable to make MIASLC and FLLSLC (twice) work?

I do agree with WT on one thing: Delta will announce MIASLC soon, just like it announced CLTSLC about a week after US did. 

Reactions: 3 people
doesn't matter. it is still DL's hub and DL carries the majority of traffic from SLC, including to Florida.

you'll understand why it isn't my interpretation when you see DL add another round of routes in key AA markets.

acknowledging what DL did from CLT validates it wasn't my idea - unless I am a lot more powerful than you and others think.

or maybe I just know how the business and the players in it operate and I could be gone for 30 years and still be able to call the next play with my eyes closed.

WorldTraveler said:
or maybe I just know how the business and the players in it operate and I could be gone for 30 years and still be able to call the next play with my eyes closed.
Well, you have been gone a timeframe that spans two decades...

Reactions: 8 people
Its about time AA started SLC-MIA, if Deltaflot wants to push it bring it on! AA is no longer in bankruptcy and sitting on a pile of cash. AA can add frequencies as good as DL and with all that cash AA can ride out a price war way longer than DL if it comes to that. So bring it on Delta! Delta got a free ride from AA walking away from routes for 10 years and not competing, Those days are over! Bring it on Deltaflot!

Reactions: 3 people
Once again - it's OK to add money losing LAX - DFW - it's called strategic build up of LAX for DL - remember they dropped that route many many years ago - however if AA adds back in a route to MIA to build up MIA - its called money losing strategy that could never work against DL - nothing AA does makes sense to some posters even though it is similar play calling DL is doing - it shows how biased some posters are and they use conflicting logic - meaning if DL runs play 1 it's strategy - if AA runs the exact same play - it's called money losing ill conceived plan - it's sooooooooooo soooooooo obvious

The plays called with his eyes closed are only with fantasy's of DL planes flying through his head

Reactions: 6 people
Is it possible for a human being to have a sexual relationship with a corporation? Or does a certain individual just sit on the toilet bowl with his head up and his hand on his pecker? :wacko: 

Reactions: 9 people

Latest posts