AA to expand domestic flying out of MIA

I've personally flown every one of the western US, red eye flights into MIA. Despite my initial thoughts that they might be good non-rev back up flights, they all seem to have high load factors and forget getting a First Class seat. The connecting gate list also tends to be very extensive to cities beyond MIA.

What you insolent peons don't seem to realize is that WT has access to the lists thousands of DL customers living in SLC, Provo and surrounding UT areas, ready to travel non-stop to MIA on their way to Hialeah, Opa-Locka and Liberty City. They might even serve it with a delayed retirement 747-400 just to crush the heretics in AAG route planning.

Reactions: 5 people
WeAAsles said:
Is it possible for a human being to have a sexual relationship with a corporation? Or does a certain individual just sit on the toilet bowl with his head up and his hand on his pecker? :wacko:

Is it possible for a corporation to have a sexual relationship with a human being?
With the help of the TWU with it's hand on their pecker I've been getting screwed by the company!!! :wacko:

Duke787 said:
Will MIA require more mechs?
I'd guess the opposite, especially if they're taking aircraft which would have RON'd and flying them out to a spoke. If anything, the added work would be in the spoke, and just increase the utilization of the mechs already there or on contract.

is it possible for humans to have unrealistic fantasies with unions? this board is proof positive that there are people who irrationally pursue something that doesn't deliver.

there are human relationships that work that way so it isn't surprising that it extends to the union world as well.

as for SLC-MIA, of course AA can do whatever it wants; I never said differently.

All I said and will continue to say is that AA will likely find that AA's attempts at getting a little more usage out of planes that would otherwise side at MIA and SLC will result in the same process from DL.

And based on a host of other competitive dustups between AA and DL, DL has a far better track record of gaining more than AA (including US) has.

Anderson,Bastian and the leader of the DAL FC...

triumphofthewill-thelongwalk1.jpg

Remember kids, Delta Uber Alles!

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:
is it possible for humans to have unrealistic fantasies with unions? this board is proof positive that there are people who irrationally pursue something that doesn't deliver.

there are human relationships that work that way so it isn't surprising that it extends to the union world as well.

as for SLC-MIA, of course AA can do whatever it wants; I never said differently.

All I said and will continue to say is that AA will likely find that AA's attempts at getting a little more usage out of planes that would otherwise side at MIA and SLC will result in the same process from DL.

And based on a host of other competitive dustups between AA and DL, DL has a far better track record of gaining more than AA (including US) has.

WT explain this to me.  DL has not consistently operating MIA-SLC since at least 2006 (if memory serves me) and FLL-SLC since winter 2009.  Now AA enters the market, with different strategy and intentions serving it, and you insist DL feels threatened and will respond by attacking AA.  So far nothing has happened.  Yes DL is the primary carrier at SLC but it still has a decent WN operation along with OALs serving their EGE, HDN, JAC,  and MTJ.  I'm only upset the flight isn't timed for MIA-based skiiers like myself and starts towards the end of the upcoming season.  Other than that its great.

Josh

How did that competitive dust up between AA and DL in DFW work out.

As for the MIA-SLC route, it will be a great addition to the market. It will be especially good for the Mormon missionaries headed to Brazil to do their important work.

Reactions: 3 people
Glenn Quagmire said:

As for the MIA-SLC route, it will be a great addition to the market. It will be especially good for the Mormon missionaries headed to Brazil to do their important work.

I see them all the time on DFW-SLC flights.  I guess they will now be flying AA through MIA instead of DL through ATL.  The terminal facilities and dining options are much better at a minimum.

Josh

Glenn Quagmire said:
It will be especially good for the Mormon missionaries headed to Brazil to do their important work.

I've seen Brazil work on the Mormons just as well.

The end result seem to combine the Mormon preference for excess female companionship along with adopting Brazilian alcohol consumption while skipping the marriage paperwork ;)

Reactions: 2 people
WT explain this to me.  DL has not consistently operating MIA-SLC since at least 2006 (if memory serves me) and FLL-SLC since winter 2009.  Now AA enters the market, with different strategy and intentions serving it, and you insist DL feels threatened and will respond by attacking AA.  So far nothing has happened.  Yes DL is the primary carrier at SLC but it still has a decent WN operation along with OALs serving their EGE, HDN, JAC,  and MTJ.  I'm only upset the flight isn't timed for MIA-based skiiers like myself and starts towards the end of the upcoming season.  Other than that its great.

Josh

because carriers view hubs and not just individual routes as theirs. Given not only the potential for AA's MIA-SLC route to pull revenue from DL's Latin America system but also the local Florida revenue (MIA is a hub also) DL will no more sit on the sidelines than AA would if DL started flying DFW to a city that AA doesn't serve.  

Mormons don't come just to Brazil, Q.

And that is precisely why DL is not going to allow AA to add a key route which they know increases the ability of AA to gain Latin America revenue from SLC which DL largely carriers on DL metal.

If you don't think any other carrier would do the same thing if another carrier added a major route from their hub that wasn't serve by the hub carrier, then you don't understand the competitive dynamics of the airline industry.

Nothing stopping DL from flying MIA-SLC all this time. You said repeatedly when I asked about the cuts to BOS/MÍA-SLC that with the merger DL can re-direct much of that traffic over DTW and MSP, which are much shorter and cheaper routes to fly. Of course it sucks for SLC O&D traffic. All this time I had to fly DL through ATL to reach SLC I would sooner take AA via DFW.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
and you have a vested reason to continue getting the freebies that AA is willing to throw at you to keep you loyal.... there is a reason why they give away more of their product than either DL or UA.

Still doesn't change that every carrier views a route added by a competitor in their hub as requiring a tit for tat somewhere else.

We can argue the point all day long. Just wait for the DL response. It is coming.

and I can assure you that DL will get a bigger and more valuable portion of AA's MIA hub than what AA is getting rom DL.

WT DL is not a significant player in MIA. At FLL they have a considerable operation but not MIA. Remember how well MIA-LHR went over? That last what nine months? AA chased JBV partner AZ off the MXP route. What is DL possibly going to try that won't come at a tremendous cost to DL and require redirecting resources from other more lucrative opportunities?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
DL carries one third of the local domestic passengers that AA does. AA has a hub there that involves carrying huge numbers of people THRU MIA.

DL absolutely IS a significant player in MIA.

there are a half dozen routes that DL could add at MIA that are from cities where DL has more than a strong enough following to justify additional flights.

Kev was right.

You should have been thrown off any number of boards by the moderators when they had a chance.

I always thought he had more sense than you did.

Latest posts