AFA/70 WHAT CAN U DO 4 US?

Suck it up and deal. Your sense of entitlement ends at the aircraft door.

ClueByFour,

I don't think it's unreasonable that working crewmembers are fast tracked to the front of the security line. They cannot be expected to arrive at every airport 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure. That being said, "please" & "thank you" should be part of our vocabulary at TSA lines.

[q

Suck it up and deal. Your sense of entitlement ends at the aircraft door.
[/quote]

Another one with a yearning to be part of an airline crew. That's all this is, jealousy. Oh well, guess if I ever get in front of him he can hit me or whatever. God only knows, I need some extra money about now. Wouldn't mind sueing someone and never having to go through the security check point again.

He probably has a Napoleon complex..... :lol: :lol: Just let him cut back in front of you so you don't have to listen to him whine; obviously getting thru security before a pilot is very important to him..... :lol: If I saw him make a scene, I probably would not be able to stop laughing.....
If I was going to clue's work place I would stand in line...I should not have to stand in line at my work place...it will be easy to spot clue he will be the pax with the big "L" on his forhead...or we will take a delay if I have to wait in line...flippin bonehead... :angry:

Can It Malikie. B)
Why should I can it? Any good employee would plan to be at work ontime. We work for an airline. When i was first hired i was told you need to take into consideration the time it takes to get from the parking lot to the terminal and then the time to get thru security. Now if you or anyone else want to push the limit to where you get thru and clock in right ontime then thats your choice, But dont come crying because you have been late to many times because you all can't plan properly to be here ontime for work. What this sounds like to me is someone cant take responsability for there actions and they have to ask the all protective union to cover for their lack of work ethic.

Why should I can it? Any good employee would plan to be at work ontime. We work for an airline. When i was first hired i was told you need to take into consideration the time it takes to get from the parking lot to the terminal and then the time to get thru security. Now if you or anyone else want to push the limit to where you get thru and clock in right ontime then thats your choice, But dont come crying because you have been late to many times because you all can't plan properly to be here ontime for work. What this sounds like to me is someone cant take responsability for there actions and they have to ask the all protective union to cover for their lack of work ethic.
So you stand at the back of the security line when it extends back to the Marriott? Sure you do..... :wacko:

So you stand at the back of the security line when it extends back to the Marriott? Sure you do..... :wacko:
OK, None of you are based at PHX so I thought I would chime in. :p US Airways Inflight Mgt (BASE Manangers PHX) states that no flight attendant may cut in line in front of other employees (co workers), frequent flyers, etc. However, we are allowed to use the Crew Line (that is if they have the man power to staff it). Our Inflight Manangment says its not a big deal. However, our new reserves are getting NO SHOWS due to wait time in line for security. Also (AGAIN :down: Our wonderfull SCREWED SCHED DEPT) will not allow us to call and (CHECK IN). SO again we are in trouble. They tell us we should "GET TO WORK" on "TIME" :unsure: However if it takes more of your time its "YOUR" problem. :shock: I hope it changes.

Many have said its because US Airways will not pay to have a dedicated line for our crew memebers and staff members. I would not be shocked if that was true. :shock:
Just our thoughts from the WEST!

ClueByFour,

I don't think it's unreasonable that working crewmembers are fast tracked to the front of the security line. They cannot be expected to arrive at every airport 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure. That being said, "please" & "thank you" should be part of our vocabulary at TSA lines.

Why can't airline crew be expected to show up and wait just as pax have to show up to wait? It's like traffic--if you want less of it, move closer to work. Or drive in earlier or behind the peak.

If I told my boss "you know, it's completely unrealistic for you to expect me to leave my house 6 hours before that meeting 1000 miles away and get on a plane to arrive in time," I'd lose my job.

I'm obviously unsympathetic to the notion that crew should not have to show up in time to clear security just as the people who actually pay the bills (pax) do. Especially when the people who pay the majority of those bills (business travelers) are most likely not being paid for their time in transit.

Another one with a yearning to be part of an airline crew. That's all this is, jealousy. Oh well, guess if I ever get in front of him he can hit me or whatever. God only knows, I need some extra money about now. Wouldn't mind sueing someone and never having to go through the security check point again.

You wish, sweetie. To be an airline crewmember (including a widebody captain at US), I'd have to take a pay and benefit cut. And most likely a union job. No thanks on both.

You are also incorrect in the assumption that you would actually make it past me (one need not hit someone to quietly and firmly refuse to stand aside). I'm not standing aside. I've gotten away with it in the past, and I am and have been willing to take my chances with the cops. They tend to be unsympathetic to prima donnas. They tend to be reasonable. And they will detain the accuser to get a statement in any case, so that's going to pretty much defeat the purpose in trying to jump the line in the first place.

Tell me, what are you going to do if somebody does not let you by? What do you suppose the cops are going to charge someone who refuses to stand aside with? (and it would need to be the cops, since the contract ID checkers and the TSA have no arrest or detention juice--and the TSA's authority does not begin until one actually "submits to screening"). Let me know, sweetheart.

To be fair, the exception to my thinking on this score is if the airline itself subsidizes a crew lane--by that, I mean purchasing the WTMD and the X-ray and funding the TSA staffing. If that's the case, I'm fine with it. But only in a dedicated lane. If it's being paid for with my ticket taxes, you can wait with everyone else.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, I can't resist this one... "fellow airline employee".

US Airways reserve F/As are on call for 24 hours a day for up to six days at a time, 20 days a month. They are called and assigned trips with as little notice as 1.5 hours before departure. Unless you choose to pull a Tom Hanks and illegally reside in the airport itself (its been done) thats a pretty short amount of time to get to work door to door, again throw in at least a half an hour for waiting for the employee bus and riding it into the terminal. If employees had to wait in line in the morning in a place like Philly, your flights would be delayed because a crew member is behind the family with ten kids, five strollers, and no clue.

If crews had to wait in line at layovers a couple of hours would have to be added to thier rest. Are you aware that flight crews are legally assigned 8-9 hours rest? Thats arrival time the night before until departure time the next day. Not including boarding, preflight inspections, security, transportation to and from the hotel, checking in and checking out. If workers had to line up to get into thier job then there would not even be a reason to go to the hotel and sleep. That would be real safe!

You claim to work for an airline but you obviously do not or you would know this, so that just makes you not only bitter and uniformed, but a liar. Referring to flight crew members "clocking in" was another clue that you don't work at an airline lol...

Name any job come to think of it where you wait in line behind customers to get to work! #### all you want, the whole thing is ridiculous. Airline and airport employees never have been and never will be asked to wait in line to get into thier workplace, so get over it. Most major airports have employees checkpoints, some don't so oh well. Write to your airport authority and ask them to use your tax money to build another checkpoint and hire more TSA.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, I can't resist this one... "fellow airline employee".

You claim to work for an airline but you obviously do not or you would know this, so that just makes you not only bitter and uniformed, but a liar. Referring to flight crew members "clocking in" was another clue that you don't work at an airline lol...
Yes i do work for an airline. Infact i work for US Airways. Before that Comair 6 years as a ramp supervisor late twice. and yes we had to go theu security. also had to take in to account the bus ride to the terminal and also the 36 miles it took to get to work. Also was a crew scheduler for comair for 3 years was late once in that time.

Now going on 3 years at us in the crew schedulig dept. in that time late once. I take pride in my work ethic and part of that ethic is being to work ontime. I am there at least 15min prior to my shift starting and guess waht i am not getting paid.

So before you start calling someone a liar you better think before you speak. I know its hard for you but maybe you can learn. Start acting like the professional you claim to be. And also the clock in was a general term. basically when you sign into the computer at the beginning ofyour shift that is clocking in.

Yes i do work for an airline. Infact i work for US Airways. Before that Comair 6 years as a ramp supervisor late twice. and yes we had to go theu security. also had to take in to account the bus ride to the terminal and also the 36 miles it took to get to work. Also was a crew scheduler for comair for 3 years was late once in that time.

Now going on 3 years at us in the crew schedulig dept. in that time late once. I take pride in my work ethic and part of that ethic is being to work ontime. I am there at least 15min prior to my shift starting and guess waht i am not getting paid.

So before you start calling someone a liar you better think before you speak. I know its hard for you but maybe you can learn. Start acting like the professional you claim to be. And also the clock in was a general term. basically when you sign into the computer at the beginning ofyour shift that is clocking in.

Ok thinking about it, and then speaking more I still think you are a liar, and I'll add Shitstirrer in too.

So you've worked a scheduled shift at an airport and in an office building (and you managed to be late for something that is already scheduled?). So, again, you don't have a clue. If you are really a crew scheduler, (which sounds doubtful if you are unfamiliar with how crews are staffed) maybe next time I get quick called I'll say, ok well whoever it is that works there that used to work for Comair and has been there for three years (that should narrow it down, right? Can't be that many of you) says we are to wait in a line to get into our workplace so... give me, I dunno, about four hours? Thanks!

:shock: Attention all US Airways flight crews! We have a "crew scheduler" here who says to wait in line at security. What do you think? Should we, for fun? :shock: Meltdown every day!

Maybe we should, and the company will give us a longer callout time in the next contract like some of the other airlines have. :up:

:shock: Attention all US Airways flight crews! We have a "crew scheduler" here who says to wait in line at security. What do you think? Should we, for fun? :shock: Meltdown every day!
What i am saying is allow enough time to be at work ontime. You work in this industry you know what the lines are like at security. You know who we have more problems with being late? its not the reserves. its the lineholders. crewmembers who have a set trip on their line and yet they still cant be responsable to be at work ontime.

And by the language you use in your posts i guess it will be quite awhile before you can claim the word professional.

Ok thinking about it, and then speaking more I still think you are a liar, and I'll add Shitstirrer in too.

So you've worked a scheduled shift at an airport and in an office building (and you managed to be late for something that is already scheduled?). So, again, you don't have a clue. If you are really a crew scheduler, (which sounds doubtful if you are unfamiliar with how crews are staffed) maybe next time I get quick called I'll say, ok well whoever it is that works there that used to work for Comair and has been there for three years (that should narrow it down, right? Can't be that many of you) says we are to wait in a line to get into our workplace so... give me, I dunno, about four hours? Thanks!

Maybe we should, and the company will give us a longer callout time in the next contract like some of the other airlines have. :up:

USAirways has no crew schedulers in the East with 3 years at the airline. That much I can guarantee. Most junior on the property has 15+ years.

I'm not sure where this guy works, but it's not for US East mainline.