STOP Bashing AFA-70

PHL BULL

Advanced
Aug 7, 2006
You guys need to wake up! Terry G is one of the most hard working reps PHL has ever had! She really cares about the F/A group...with all the time she puts into union work she only makes min wage...the people in local 70 have always been there for the F/A's they work VERY hard and put in lot's of effort to make our jobs secure...I don't know where they find time or the energy to fly ETB time but if the want to so flippin what!!! :angry: the time on ETB is for all to take...so get off you butt and pick up a trip...quit bashing the local that has worked so hard for all of us...and as for pit bull take your money you got from JG and try to find a life off this board...trust me you don't want Jr. puppys in the local...they don't have what it takes...Local 70 KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

PHL BULL

just getting spolled up...

Edited out the entire previous post. Please dont quote the entire post, especially if its the one right above your response. It makes the board hard to read and takes up space. Thanks from the moderators.
I think one of the problems is that they don't have a set schedule. So what happens is, they pick up trips off the ETB when ever they want, with no restrictions, due to the fact they have all days off when trips are picked up. Then they backfill with AFA days. I would be upset with that also. No one else has close to that much flexibility.

I think one of the problems is that they don't have a set schedule. So what happens is, they pick up trips off the ETB when ever they want, with no restrictions, due to the fact they have all days off when trips are picked up. Then they backfill with AFA days. I would be upset with that also. No one else has close to that much flexibility.
the ETB gives us all the same flexibility I re build my line all month long...it's a GREAT tool if you take the time to learn it...love the ETB never use AIL it's old school...

PHL BULL Aug 7 2006, 10:12 AM']
You guys need to wake up! ...
Once again, entire post edited out to make the boards easier to read. Thanks from the mods....

You are full of S_ _ _!!! She makes a h_ _ _ of a lot more than minimum wage. Can't see her doing anything for nothing. She is every bit guilty of unethical behavior. She has stood by L. in everything and now things get hot and she decides to protect her position by calling for a recall. Please she is one that will do anything to protect her butt. If she felt this way then why had she not called for a recall a long long long time ago. Bet there are alot of much better people who could take over that office and do a much better job for the flight attendant group and would be much more ethical in their actions. Someone needs to give PHL BULL a CRYING TOWEL.

Only if you're a blockholder.
this is not true...a RSV can make more $$$ and work less...I can hold a PRI but sometimes bid RSV so I can get paid more for a easy month...tey made the rules I play the game...

this is not true...a RSV can make more $$$ and work less...I can hold a PRI but sometimes bid RSV so I can get paid more for a easy month...tey made the rules I play the game...

At least you have the choice whether or not you want to be a blockholder or a reserve.

this is not true...a RSV can make more $$$ and work less...
When a RSV is on duty, they are working--tied to the company by beeper, and must be in base. Also, they can not pick up just any trip--must meet legalities. It is not as flexible as it is for B/H. Seniority is moot for RSVs because of the bucket system. There is no way that the flexibility is the same. You are probably a junior B/H, or secondary because no one chooses to be RSV with this system.

Are you nuts? Sure a RSV can work less and make more money. Have you ever thought that it's not about the money. Since they went to this new system, I have never flown more than 60 hours on my "on-duty" days. Sure, I could give up most of my "days off" to get a decent paycheck, but we shouldn't have to, especially after 17 years. And don't even bring up the commuter thing.

You are probably a junior B/H, or secondary because no one chooses to be RSV with this system.
Crew, you're wrong on this. We have plenty of 27 year F/A's who bid RSV. These are the ones that were on the 55 hour option before and now they fly 35-40 and the company pays them 73 min. guarantee. It funny to see a 30 year F/A bidding RSV. They get their first choice. I don't blame them for it. This system again, bites the compnay in the ass. Where is Pref. Bid?

Crew, you're wrong on this. We have plenty of 27 year F/A's who bid RSV. These are the ones that were on the 55 hour option before and now they fly 35-40 and the company pays them 73 min. guarantee. It funny to see a 30 year F/A bidding RSV. They get their first choice. I don't blame them for it. This system again, bites the compnay in the ass. Where is Pref. Bid?
I fly 50. Would not bid RSV ever. I need to know from the start that I will have certain days off, before SAP, before SWAP, and before ETB.

Are you nuts? Sure a RSV can work less and make more money. Have you ever thought that it's not about the money. Since they went to this new system, I have never flown more than 60 hours on my "on-duty" days. Sure, I could give up most of my "days off" to get a decent paycheck, but we shouldn't have to, especially after 17 years. And don't even bring up the commuter thing.
That's my point...gotta love the system...let it work for you! there is more than one way to skin a cat...If more RSV's got the word out they would hold a line in no time...

I fly 50. Would not bid RSV ever. I need to know from the start that I will have certain days off, before SAP, before SWAP, and before ETB.
They do know their days off. They get their first choice. They don't do ETB trips, as these are the ones that were on the 55 option. they don't even want to fly that. This is better than being on the 55.

They do know their days off. They get their first choice. They don't do ETB trips, as these are the ones that were on the 55 option. they don't even want to fly that. This is better than being on the 55.
I'll give you an example. I am elsewhere M-F and can only fly on Sat and Sun, and occasionally, I can do a late shuttle one-day. I usually bid one-day shuttle blocks and drop all the way down. It takes me around nine days a month to get my time in. I can not be tied to a RSV block. It would not allow me the same flexibility. I can not be called out for a trip during the week. There are no RSV blocks that can guarantee this. The point about more pay for flying less is true; however, if a person is flying very few hours, especially at our pay, then most likely, they are here mainly for the benefits. The measly paycheck is secondary.

I'll give you an example. I am elsewhere M-F and can only fly on Sat and Sun, and occasionally, I can do a late shuttle one-day. I usually bid one-day shuttle blocks and drop all the way down. It takes me around nine days a month to get my time in. I can not be tied to a RSV block. It would not allow me the same flexibility. I can not be called out for a trip during the week. There are no RSV blocks that can guarantee this. The point about more pay for flying less is true; however, if a person is flying very few hours, especially at our pay, then most likely, they are here mainly for the benefits. The measly paycheck is secondary.
I understand your situation, but that doesn't hold true for the majority. Most of the complaints I hear out on line are:
1. I just want to work on my "on duty" days.
2. I shouldn't have to give up my days off to get a decent paycheck.
3. I commute and end up sitting in a hotel all week unable to fly. Sad, being this person had 15 years. The union recommends putting yourself on quickcall status, even sadder for a 15 year F/A. Having to resort to quickcalls.

There is a far bigger problem here. I am pushing for a rotating RSV system, so we could share the pain. Also, maybe we could do something like the LTO system for the BH's. Once you got a trip, then everyone behind you would have to get one also. Wait, that doesn't sound fair, imagine that.