RECALL of Council 70 President! Merged Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Twicebaked, I'll bite, what DOES the AFA "Stand For"?

More Than a Half Century of Milestones

May 15, 1930, marked the beginning of the flight attendant profession. On that date, the first female flight attendant, Ellen Church, began work as a "skygirl". Thus began a profession where young women were forced to retire at the age of 32, remain single, and adhere to strict weight, height and appearance requirements.

These ridiculous standards led a group of five brave flight attendants to form the Air Line Stewardesses Association, the first labor union representing flight attendants, on August 22, 1945.

Today, that union is named the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO. And the year 2005 marks our 60th anniversary. Through the years, AFA members have fought for and won a number of major changes in our industry that have led to safer airplanes and have transformed our profession. Flight attendants are now trained professionals, responsible for the safety of the passengers in the airplane cabin. Here are a number of our major victories throughout the years:

go to this link, bob:http://www.afanet.org/default.asp?nc=6336&id=37

http://www.afanet.org/default.asp?nc=6336&id=37

You guys need to stop!!! Nitpicking everything that LA,TG or ME is doing is immature. We are adults! Let's start acting like it!!!

This is making a mockery of the AFA and everything that it stands for.

You people are making the flight attendant group at US look like a bunch of immature, back stabbing, DELTED (with some reservations..... )

STOP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful twicebaked...if you act like you have half a brain, you'll be kicked off this message board by the the whiners and criers who claim to be professional flight attendants. What a joke. These same people yell and scream that they are there for public safety, not to be waitresess....hell they don't have enough class to be clerks at McDonalds in PHL terminal!! They have reached an all time low with the rantings and ravings about the local 70 AFA officials. Give it a break.

Thanks for bringiing some sanity to the thread twicebaked...it was quite refreshing.

Thanks for bringiing some sanity to the thread twicebaked...it was quite refreshing.

I don't know about that, but......

It's just true....we are looking stupid! We are looking stupid the way the United States looked to the rest of the world because of a President, the intern, and the infamous cigar!! lol

I don't know about that, but......

It's just true....we are looking stupid! We are looking stupid the way the United States looked to the rest of the world because of a President, the intern, and the infamous cigar!! lol

ummm.....if only we had a cigar, maybe we could save face :up:

Unfortunately, Pref. bidding was never instituted, and I have heard many reasons why. I have been told, however, that the company was never obligated to implement it. (Anyone know if that's a fact or not?) [/quote

This is very true. It was sought after in neg. of 2002 Winter proposals, when the LTO was being demanded by the company. AFA proposed that pref bid and LTO would be implenented together, (because AFA knew it was very expensive for the company to implement pref bid) but the company would not put it in writing and agree.

I feel that there should have been a snap back clause in there, just in case it was never implemented. We were led to believe that they were tied together, just like Reserve override and SAP.

In the FIRST concession of summer 2002, everything that was given as a concession had a "snap back" date.

After BK #1 and concession #2; then BK #2 and concession #3, the company would not agree to any snap back provision.

Concession 1 snap backs were wiped out with each subsequent concession.

Twicebaked's post on a different thread (to a customer, I might add!): :shock:

You are a piece of work!!

DELETED
You STILL have some serious self serving problems!!
DELETED
[/b]

--------------------
US Airways???? Who Dat????

Quoting Twicebaked on this thread, previous page:

You guys need to stop!!! Nitpicking everything that LA,TG or ME is doing is immature. We are adults! Let's start acting like it!!!

[/b]This is making a mockery of the AFA and everything that it stands for.

You people are making the flight attendant group at US look like a bunch of immature, back stabbing, DELTED (with some reservations..... )

STOP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
Nice job twice! You've done so much to make us look mature and adult- like. Thanks for doing your part.... :lol:

Anyway, here's hoping that TG and all are doing well with the signatures. Any idea on when the meeting will be? BTW, LA put a 1 day trip on the ETB for later in the week because she is so busy in the office. Actually, she may just be looking for her office keys, not sure..... :up:

Thank you.

In the FIRST concession of summer 2002, everything that was given as a concession had a "snap back" date.

After BK #1 and concession #2; then BK #2 and concession #3, the company would not agree to any snap back provision.

Concession 1 snap backs were wiped out with each subsequent concession.
Pitbull,

I remember the snap back provisions, but there was never any snap back relating to the implementation of Pref Bid, was there?

Thanks for all your info.

DELETED
DELETED
[/b]

--------------------

Nice job twice! You've done so much to make us look mature and adult- like. Thanks for doing your part.... :lol:

Anyway, here's hoping that TG and all are doing well with the signatures. Any idea on when the meeting will be? BTW, LA put a 1 day trip on the ETB for later in the week because she is so busy in the office. Actually, she may just be looking for her office keys, not sure..... :up:

Thank you.
Pitbull,

I remember the snap back provisions, but there was never any snap back relating to the implementation of Pref Bid, was there?

show do suck when your words come back to bite you in da arse

Dear USAirways Flight Attendants .
I can not Thank you all for the WONDERFUL SUPPORT that you have all given Council 70 we are within 100 signatures of having the required 650. Keep up the good work I am here in California on vacation and my phone will be on 24-7 so I am dealing with critical issues. One of our dear flight attendants has died suddenly I am asking for permission to post her name. 30 year plus PSA ended tragiclly. I can not tell you the great inspiration the AW folks have been they recalled there MEC President go and view there web union-ethics.com. We are all entitled to different views lets try to respect our differnces and grow from the fact that we are all in this together. Remember LA will if she remains in office will be the person who represents you or rather does not during the merger it is not far away. Wake up we will either have to grow or perish.
I know many of you want the senior people to retire why have we not had a retirement seminar in Philadelphia? Look at CLT they are having a 2 day seminar with the PBGC. What you do not know will destroy you KNOWLEDGE ....................for all not for the club members.

Different post on different thread...leave it there!!!

I don't like that myself and my fellow co-workers are being called boozers and whores basically. If lashing back for that is immature...then so be it. I am immature then. DON'T EVER ACCUSE ME OR ANY OTHER FLIGHT ATTENDANT OF SUCH THINGS.

To set the record straight it is the President of CLT together with Paul Friskorn who put the Retirement Seminar together to read MF post you would think he was the Spin Master Come on MF give credit where credit is due it will help you stretch...................actions not BS

DELETED
DELETED
[/b]

--------------------

You people are making the flight attendant group at US look like a bunch of immature, back stabbing, cry DELTED (with some reservations..... )

Thank you.
Pitbull,

Pref bid was to replace SAP and the bid sheet. The negotiations occured in concession #1. Since it was a new concept being introduced by the company to replace SAP, there would be no "snap back" provision langauge for pref bid.

Pref bid was never implemented, so how could there be a "snap back" provision for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts