AFA Tentative Details Released

+1

And when that's done, read it again. And again.

and for some....think yes and say no no no.... Think negative...think like you have never thought before..... Dont do anything or say anything positive...Just think Bad company bad!

I suggest that after you compare it to your current contract 5 or 6 times, then compare it to what AA is proposing for it's F/As. At first glance it appears what AA is proposing for their pilots is better than what is on the table for us with the Kirby!

Sorry I'm too lazy to read the TA (I'm a pilot) but by chance does it allow pilots onto the cabin jumpseat?
If anyone didn't know, the West pilots currently have that privilege (with FA's getting first dibs, of course). (and for the record, if the DHS allowed it we'd be happy to have FAs back on the cockpit JS.)

I suggest that after you compare it to your current contract 5 or 6 times, then compare it to what AA is proposing for it's F/As. At first glance it appears what AA is proposing for their pilots is better than what is on the table for us with the Kirby!

Oh Yes Brat I forgot that slogan too...Bad Kirby Bad Bad Bad

Ask some of the rsv pilots what they think of their bucket system. You might get some interesting responses.

100% DH, good for the block holders, but I thought the whole DH min grievance the pilots won, applied to the f/a's?? If so, even though your getting 50% DH, for rsv's that DH and applicable backfill pay was non-credit, and paid above guarantee. Easy way to make extra money when not breaking guarantee, and obviously costs the company extra money. Whereas, now with 100% pay and credit for DH, rsv's can be run around.

Do any of you plan on retiring some day? J.C. you guys are blind.

Yeah I plan on retirement...Thank goodness I work for an airline and not other companies in the country.....Although it is frozen ......

http://www.watsonwyatt.com/us/pubs/insider/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=21857

Yeah I plan on retirement...Thank goodness I work for an airline and not other companies in the country.....Although it is frozen ......

http://www.watsonwyatt.com/us/pubs/insider/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=21857
Its not frozen, it was terminated and turned over to the PBGC, big difference.

Ask some of the rsv pilots what they think of their bucket system. You might get some interesting responses.

100% DH, good for the block holders, but I thought the whole DH min grievance the pilots won, applied to the f/a's?? If so, even though your getting 50% DH, for rsv's that DH and applicable backfill pay was non-credit, and paid above guarantee. Easy way to make extra money when not breaking guarantee, and obviously costs the company extra money. Whereas, now with 100% pay and credit for DH, rsv's can be run around.

Well I'm not a big fan of our bucket system... With that said, the reserve language in the FA TA would be an improvement for us... 5:15 min day, 12 hr PT instead of 9hr, ability to pass trips within your bucket if you don't want to fly and there is someone junior to you. A CLT-MYR turn pays less than 2 hrs now... With a 5:15 min day, it may be possible to break guarantee if you want to work. If you can break guarantee, the 100 DH pay and credit would be good.

You might want to tell the company - they're still carrying some DB plan liabilities and assets on the books as of 12/31/2010...

Jim

Not really....Usairways does not contribute so dead or frozen no difference to me. Bottom line I have a retirement plan unlike millions.. I am fortunate to say that!

Sorry I'm too lazy to read the TA (I'm a pilot) but by chance does it allow pilots onto the cabin jumpseat?
If anyone didn't know, the West pilots currently have that privilege (with FA's getting first dibs, of course). (and for the record, if the DHS allowed it we'd be happy to have FAs back on the cockpit JS.)

Sorry exB didn't see any pilot benefits highlighted in the bullet points. But the F/A contract is to enhance the standard of living for flight attendants. F/A jumpsuit is reserved for F/As and should stay that way. If you are a US pilot please get your acts together so this company can move on. Jus sayin'

Sorry exB didn't see any pilot benefits highlighted in the bullet points. But the F/A contract is to enhance the standard of living for flight attendants. F/A jumpsuit is reserved for F/As and should stay that way. If you are a US pilot please get your acts together so this company can move on. Jus sayin'

I think the F/A jumpseat should be made available to the pilots. We know how to operate the doors. The West pilots can ride the F/A jumpseat, but I don't think it's a contractual thing... It would be nice to have that ability.

ebwgs, why are you agianst a pilot in the F/A jumpseat? If the jumpseat is open, you would rather leave a fellow employee behind in the terminal that is trying to get home to his/her family or to work? Really? Remember, that although the West pilots can ride the F/A jumpseat, F/A's have priority over the pilots for the seat. So if a pilot has it and a F/A comes up for it, it will be the F/A's... The only way a pilot can ride is if the seat would have been empty...

Reactions: 1 person