AFA Tentative Details Released

Not really....Usairways does not contribute so dead or frozen no difference to me. Bottom line I have a retirement plan unlike millions.. I am fortunate to say that!
A frozen plan and its assets are not turned over to the PBGC.

A distressed terminated plan is and US had to turn over all the funds assets and issue stock to the PBGC to make up the short fall.

Does US issue the retirees their pension checks?

Nope.

The PBGC does and under a terminated plan you are eligible for the HTC, now arent you? Under a frozen plan your not.

Had this discussion a couple of years ago. I disagree with you and that's cool. East contract language-unless it
Changed in the TA-restricts j/s to F/As. We have enough of our own issues to negotiate. We shouldn't be negotiating for other work groups.

US Airways Flight Attendant Deal Raises Pay, Protects in Merger

Click here to read the story.

This just in from an e-mail I got from a F/A friend at US. Here is the answer to, "So what do you think of the contract?"

"it's a horrendous piece of crap insult and I loathe it. "

No opinion from me. Please just read the damn contract LOL

Had this discussion a couple of years ago. I disagree with you and that's cool. East contract language-unless it
Changed in the TA-restricts j/s to F/As. We have enough of our own issues to negotiate. We shouldn't be negotiating for other work groups.

Nobody asked you to negotiate anything for us. I am at a loss as to why you would want to deny a fellow employee an option to non-rev... But I'm cool with your opinion... If the cockpit jumpseat ever becomes available to you, hopefully nobody will know who you are and you would be welcome to the seat... I personally think the F/A's should have access to the cockpit jumpseat. They have to come up there in flight when one of us has to go to the lav... I don't see the difference...

Reactions: 3 people
A frozen plan and its assets are not turned over to the PBGC.

A distressed terminated plan is and US had to turn over all the funds assets and issue stock to the PBGC to make up the short fall.

Does US issue the retirees their pension checks?

Nope.

The PBGC does and under a terminated plan you are eligible for the HTC, now arent you? Under a frozen plan your not.

There's nothing finer than listening to you and your gifted knowledge! As I factually said .....I have retirement and pension! GO argue with ur self In a mirror please lol! Frozen or thawed...ur missing the point!

Sorry exB didn't see any pilot benefits highlighted in the bullet points. But the F/A contract is to enhance the standard of living for flight attendants. F/A jumpsuit is reserved for F/As and should stay that way. If you are a US pilot please get your acts together so this company can move on. Jus sayin'

Of course it's reserved for the F/A's.

What's the difference though if the seat isn't being occupied by an F/A? The West has had it for years, as we used to have it available at PSA.

We would love to offer you our cockpit jumpseat, but it has to be approved by the company, and FAA. Not the case with a seat in the cabin.... Jus sayin'....

We have enough of our own issues to negotiate. We shouldn't be negotiating for other work groups.
Then why so worried about the pilots - shouldn't they be allowed to tend to their own issues? Or is that what you demand while telling others what to do?
If you are a US pilot please get your acts together so this company can move on. Jus sayin'

Jim

Of course it's reserved for the F/A's.

What's the difference though if the seat isn't being occupied by an F/A? The West has had it for years, as we used to have it available at PSA.

We would love to offer you our cockpit jumpseat, but it has to be approved by the company, and FAA. Not the case with a seat in the cabin.... Jus sayin'....

And this is all the f/a ta amounts to for most of the pilots-whether they have access to our cabin js or not-when we have new hires on the west who have w2's showing $10-13,000. That's really sad!!:((
That's not even arguing once the agents on the east "let you go down", they would not remove a pilot for a f/a even tho it is 20plus departure. You can reserve a js 7 days prior if you are sharp. Did it for my husband all the time. Love pilots but not on my js.

I was comparing our pay to the others AA,DL, and pre merger UA. And ours is higher than their's. We are now below CO in pay with those others below us. I do not count SW because they are a totally different animal than the hub and spokes . I did a little calculation and I am speaking for myself . I have completed 15 yrs and begin my 16th in Mar. So at dos my base pay will go up to $46 an hr from $41 an hr. Add the international override of $3:00 and that goes up to $49 an hr . for me ,I add the override because I mostly try to fly intl trips. I normally fly 120 hrs a month because I gotta pay bills (Don't we all) So, based on my calculation 49 times 120 = 5,880 times 12 months = $70,560 a year . lets say I add aft galley pay of $1:75 plus 49 that equals $50:75 an hr. If you are one of those who can hold CSD with a pay of $6:50 your hourly rate goes up from 49 an hr to $55:50 an hour .If you fly lets say 100 hrs a month you multiply 55 by 100 you get $5,500 times 12 months equals $66,000 a year . Now of course this is not take home because taxes and other deductions but I just thought I would put it out there .
This is all subject to each FA's preference on how many hrs they can live comfortably working . We got back our dh pay to 100% and we got our sick pay back to 100% as well . That's more compensation that we are gaining with the new contract and losing out with our current contract. Also , we are getting Red flag pay . Which is similar to Continentals White flag pay in where if the company is short and you voluntarily pick up to help them out you will get paid 125% on top of your current pay for that trip. So you will be paid time and a quarter for that trip . At continental they get paid time and a half . No more weekend touch ,and no more monthly obligation letters . The only thing i am worried about it PBS. i need to know more about this. At Continental the FA's did not want it. My Girlfriend who works there explained to me why. It looks to me like it will benefit the senior people and hurt the junior folks as trips will be awarded in your seniority .Someone like me with a 1997 hire date and like to only fly Intl trips that may prove difficult to do with PBS. I don't know . Lets see . I am keeping an open mind to this .I am also looking at the RSV section . I think they should have gotten much higher than 75 hr guarantee . 80 would have been much better . All in all this comes down to a personal decision . What may work for me may not work for my Co-worker . Mind you all this is based on Highlights from the TA .We haven't yet seen the Full version . Good luck to us all .

I was comparing our pay to the others AA,DL, and pre merger UA. And ours is higher than their's. We are now below CO in pay with those others below us. I do not count SW because they are a totally different animal than the hub and spokes . I did a little calculation and I am speaking for myself . I have completed 15 yrs and begin my 16th in Mar. So at dos my base pay will go up to $46 an hr from $41 an hr. Add the international override of $3:00 and that goes up to $49 an hr . for me ,I add the override because I mostly try to fly intl trips. I normally fly 120 hrs a month because I gotta pay bills (Don't we all) So, based on my calculation 49 times 120 = 5,880 times 12 months = $70,560 a year . lets say I add aft galley pay of $1:75 plus 49 that equals $50:75 an hr. If you are one of those who can hold CSD with a pay of $6:50 your hourly rate goes up from 49 an hr to $55:50 an hour .If you fly lets say 100 hrs a month you multiply 55 by 100 you get $5,500 times 12 months equals $66,000 a year . Now of course this is not take home because taxes and other deductions but I just thought I would put it out there .
This is all subject to each FA's preference on how many hrs they can live comfortably working . We got back our dh pay to 100% and we got our sick pay back to 100% as well . That's more compensation that we are losing out with our current contract. Also , we are getting Red flag pay . Which is similar to Continentals White flag pay in where if the company is short and you voluntarily pick up to help them out you will get paid 125% on top of your current pay for that trip. So you will be paid time and a quarter for that trip . At continental they get paid time and a half . No more weekend touch ,and no more monthly obligation letters . The only thing i am worried about it PBS. i need to know more about this. At Continental the FA's did not want it. My Girlfriend who works there explained to me why. It looks to me like it will benefit the senior people and hurt the junior folks as trips will be awarded in your seniority .Someone like me with a 1997 hire date and like to only fly Intl trips that may prove difficult to do with PBS. I don't know . Lets see . I am keeping an open mind to this .I am also looking at the RSV section . I think they should have gotten much higher than 75 hr guarantee . 80 would have been much better . All in all this comes down to a personal decision . What may work for me may not work for my Co-worker . Good luck to us all .

Well, good for you. Reserves fly about 40 hour a month, give or take. Thank goodness, for 3-5 days of per diem. ETB trips are really hard for us due to 6 day regs and check-in and arrival times. But glad you get to fly 120 hours a month because reserves don't need to eat or pay bills.

Reactions: 1 person
Then why so worried about the pilots - shouldn't they be allowed to tend to their own issues? Or is that what you demand while telling others what to do?

Jim

I'm not worried about the pilots. F/a jumpseat language has already negotiated by the flight attendants and the company. Result: F/a only. Pilots can get to work using J/S benefits on other carries. I'm not worried about the pilots at all. A pilot raised this issue. I m saying no to changing that. Not worried about the pilots at all. Just not interested in negotiating benefits for them They have agents for that. Hopefully the pilot can negotiate ithat issue without piggy backing off of the flight attendants. :)

Nobody asked you to negotiate anything for us. I am at a loss as to why you would want to deny a fellow employee an option to non-rev... But I'm cool with your opinion... If the cockpit jumpseat ever becomes available to you, hopefully nobody will know who you are and you would be welcome to the seat... I personally think the F/A's should have access to the cockpit jumpseat. They have to come up there in flight when one of us has to go to the lav... I don't see the difference...

Honey I'm not negotiating for anyone on this. It was negotiated long ago before I got here. And don't worry about me trying to get in the cockpit. I know the rules and wouldn't even try. Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree.

I think the F/A jumpseat should be made available to the pilots. We know how to operate the doors. The West pilots can ride the F/A jumpseat, but I don't think it's a contractual thing... It would be nice to have that ability.

ebwgs, why are you agianst a pilot in the F/A jumpseat? If the jumpseat is open, you would rather leave a fellow employee behind in the terminal that is trying to get home to his/her family or to work? Really? Remember, that although the West pilots can ride the F/A jumpseat, F/A's have priority over the pilots for the seat. So if a pilot has it and a F/A comes up for it, it will be the F/A's... The only way a pilot can ride is if the seat would have been empty...
What about when the cockpit jumpseat is open and a f/a gets left behind??