AFA Tentative Details Released

What about when the cockpit jumpseat is open and a f/a gets left behind??

NO NONO Clear enough? I 'm not for taking chances with the FAA to get our friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, husband, wives lovers golf buddies etc. No No No Noi!!!!!!!Now I'm done with it.

Well, good for you. Reserves fly about 40 hour a month, give or take. Thank goodness, for 3-5 days of per diem. ETB trips are really hard for us due to 6 day regs and check-in and arrival times. But glad you get to fly 120 hours a month because reserves don't need to eat or pay bills.
Nick all my trips are ETB trips not company time trips. Maybe I should have clarified that . And I as well have some months that I am on RSV.

Of course it's reserved for the F/A's.

What's the difference though if the seat isn't being occupied by an F/A? The West has had it for years, as we used to have it available at PSA.

We would love to offer you our cockpit jumpseat, but it has to be approved by the company, and FAA. Not the case with a seat in the cabin.... Jus sayin'....

It hasn't been approved yet. Sorry.

Of course it's reserved for the F/A's.

What's the difference though if the seat isn't being occupied by an F/A? The West has had it for years, as we used to have it available at PSA.

We would love to offer you our cockpit jumpseat, but it has to be approved by the company, and FAA. Not the case with a seat in the cabin.... Jus sayin'....

That was the policy under an old defunct culture. Times have changed now.

I'm not worried about the pilots.
For someone not concerned, you certainly think they should settle their differences so the company can move forward. I'd call that taking an interest in the pilot's business...

Just saying...

Jim

I'm not worried about the pilots. F/a jumpseat language has already negotiated by the flight attendants and the company. Result: F/a only. Pilots can get to work using J/S benefits on other carries. I'm not worried about the pilots at all. A pilot raised this issue. I m saying no to changing that. Not worried about the pilots at all. Just not interested in negotiating benefits for them They have agents for that. Hopefully the pilot can negotiate ithat issue without piggy backing off of the flight flight attendants. :)

Translation: Screw you, I got mine.

For someone not concerned, you certainly think they should settle their differences so the company can move forward. I'd call that taking an interest in the pilot's business...

Just saying...

Jim

Perhaps an enlightened SELF Interest?

Pre merger UA 's proposed starting pay at 1st yr is $20:31. Their proposed top out pay is $46:86 . . AA 's starting pay is $20:24 and top out is $46.00(but that will probrably be drastically be reduced with their BK). I don't know what DL starting pay is but their top out is $45:75.Leaving Continental the only Legacy making more than US if we ratify this new TA .CO starting pay is $ 20:49 and top out is $52:53. These are base rates of pay . This does not include Intl override's which with $3:00 for US is still more than UA,DL,and AA . USAirways proposed starting pay is $21:74 and top out is $48:00. I am not endorsing this new TA Just posting info so that we can think about what we are gaining or maybe losing .

Pre merger UA 's proposed starting pay at 1st yr is $20:31. Their proposed top out pay is $46:86 . . AA 's starting pay is $20:24 and top out is $46.00(but that will probrably be drastically be reduced with their BK). I don't know what DL starting pay is but their top out is $45:75.Leaving Continental the only Legacy making more than US if we ratify this new TA .CO starting pay is $ 20:49 and top out is $52:53. These are base rates of pay . This does not include Intl override's which with $3:00 for US is still more than UA,DL,and AA . USAirways proposed starting pay is $21:74 and top out is $48:00. I am not endorsing this new TA Just posting info so that we can think about what we are gaining or maybe losing .

Just read this about the t/a.... follow the link.... talks about what is in the t/a..... written by the CLT observer.... just today...

http://www.justplanenews.com/?p=531

If you guys want to know What the Low cost carriers get paid Here goes . I will put there starting then their top out . Southwest: $25:23/$63:46 (yes ,we know SW makes a lot of money but we cannot compare them to US because like I said before ,They are not a hub and spoke carrier and if we wanted to be like SW we would have to dismantle the entire airline and start from scratch with no International ) Virgin America: $19:42/ $25:22. Airtran: $19:33/ 36:81. Frontier 17:27/ 32:93. Alaska: 16:81/ 46:48. And JetBlue: 17:70/ 33:98. I got this from an industry comparison chart online. So I don't know how accurate it is. So out of all the Airlines Legacy and LCC 's in the USA . We fall number 3 behind SW and CO. Everyone else will be below USAirways in pay .

I saw that .

Posting it for all to read... Please read it... and go to the road shows...
Then after you are informed from the "horse's mouth" not rumor...
and "she told me" Know the facts..

Then.. vote ... Yes or No... can you live with it??? or do you think
you can do better...

Think hard... I am not telling anyone how to vote... and
no one should tell me how to vote...

We all have a voice... and can do what we have to do...!!!

Etops1,

AA is not cutting the Flight Attendants Base pay rates at all. They are actually proposing 1.5% raised for each year for the term of the CBA.

They are combing International and Domestic and cutting some premiums, but not base rates.

AA proposal to APFA

Etops1,

AA is not cutting the Flight Attendants Base pay rates at all. They are actually proposing 1.5% raised for each year for the term of the CBA.

They are combing International and Domestic and cutting some premiums, but not base rates.

AA proposal to APFA
Thanks for the Clarification but our pay is still higher with this new TA ..