AFA Tentative Details Released

For someone not concerned, you certainly think they should settle their differences so the company can move forward. I'd call that taking an interest in the pilot's business...

Just saying...

Jim

Absolutely. And if you don't think their lack of settling their business hasn't adversely affected this company then you must be living on Newt's Mooniverse.

What about when the cockpit jumpseat is open and a f/a gets left behind??

Happens all the time. I wouldn't risk my job riding it because I know we're barred from jumpseating up their. Is something were to happen I wouldn't want to have to explain myself. Sorry.

Absolutely. And if you don't think their lack of settling their business hasn't adversely affected this company then you must be living on Newt's Mooniverse.
Sure it has - look at how much money the company has saved. Maybe that's where your pay raise came from!

It's funny watching you twist trying to explain how the pilots should keep their nose out of FA business but you have every right to stick your nose in theirs... :lol:

Jim

Sure it has - look at how much money the company has saved. Maybe that's where your pay raise came from!

It's funny watching you twist trying to explain how the pilots should keep their nose out of FA business but you have every right to stick your nose in theirs... :lol:

Jim

Simmer Down - Kool Aid is intoxicating :)

Nick all my trips are ETB trips not company time trips. Maybe I should have clarified that . And I as well have some months that I am on RSV.
Then you KNOW the difference between being a blockholder and a reserve-both in pay and quality of life! You also know it is much easier to pick up ETB as a bh. You need to think long and hard about this ta, particularly iif you sit on the bh-reserve fence. Check out the scope in the ta-gone if pilots merge! Another case of seeing the trees and not the forest-just sad!

I'm not worried about the pilots. F/a jumpseat language has already negotiated by the flight attendants and the company. Result: F/a only. Pilots can get to work using J/S benefits on other carries. I'm not worried about the pilots at all. A pilot raised this issue. I m saying no to changing that. Not worried about the pilots at all. Just not interested in negotiating benefits for them They have agents for that. Hopefully the pilot can negotiate ithat issue without piggy backing off of the flight attendants. :)

So, if the pilots negotiate into their contract that all pilots get unlimited SA-1 non-rev boarding priority as a result of losing the cabin jumpseat, you have no problem with that?

What about when the cockpit jumpseat is open and a f/a gets left behind??

This whole cabin jumpseat issue is really low on my personal priorities of what I give a damn about as a fellow employee and and an A320 captain.

However, what is happening in this cabin jump issue is that a benefit currently enjoyed by the West pilots is being removed due to the flight attendants reaching a joint contract. It has nothing to do with reciprocity of proffesional courtesy, or any thing else.

The pilots will lose a benefit because of the actions of the flight attendants. Is it worth it to see the flight attendants get a new contract and advance? I would say yes.

But, try to realize that when an f/a gets left behind with an open flightdeck jumpseat, the pilot non-reving with his family may be inclined to just let that f/a be left behind because they can ride the cabin jumpseat of another carrier to get to work.

One more thing.

Just finished a 4 day trip and the general concensus amongst the 11 f/a's that I asked was that they do not like the loss of vacation time, but feel it is made up for in increased wages, and they generally like what they see in the TA.

This is a FA TA agreement thread ..Not a pilot thread . We cannot ride the cockpit js nor can a pilot ride the fa js. There ! End of story . What's so hard to understand about that ?? Can we please move on !!

However, what is happening in this cabin jump issue is that a benefit currently enjoyed by the West pilots is being removed due to the flight attendants reaching a joint contract. It has nothing to do with reciprocity of proffesional courtesy, or any thing else.

The pilots will lose a benefit because of the actions of the flight attendants.

I didn't look at it that way as the West pilots would actually lose the jumpseat now... Perhaps this was kept in the new TA and it's just something that hasn't been published yet. I guess we need to see the actual TA when it is published in its entirety...

As long as the F/A's have priority over any pilot for the cabin JS, this in no way effects the F/A's... I just had a problem with ebwgs just not wanting the pilots in the JS seemingly no matter what. Perhaps just something against pilots in general...

ebwgs, I would never ride the cabin JS illegally, nor would I allow a F/A to ride the cockpit JS illegally. But if we could get permission, I would love for the F/A's to have cockpit access. But you say, even at NO COST to anyone, you are against the pilots riding the cabin JS... just wonder why you feel that way I guess...

Then you KNOW the difference between being a blockholder and a reserve-both in pay and quality of life! You also know it is much easier to pick up ETB as a bh. You need to think long and hard about this ta, particularly iif you sit on the bh-reserve fence. Check out the scope in the ta-gone if pilots merge! Another case of seeing the trees and not the forest-just sad!
Nick ,I am very well aware of the fact that it is easier for a LH to get trips off the ETB than it is for RSV. I am not putting this info out there to sway a vote. I still have my reservations about this TA . Trust me , I am not blinded by the money .There are other issues that I am concerned about and the RSV issue is one of them . Don't make this about LH vs RSV . Lets hope we all get what we deserve .I am just trying to put info out so others out there can get educated . Cause you know how our people can be at our company ..Take care !!

This is a FA TA agreement thread ..Not a pilot thread . We cannot ride the cockpit js nor can a pilot ride the fa js. There ! End of story . What's so hard to understand about that ?? Can we please move on !!

Well you are wrong. If the T/A contains language prohibiting pilots, the West pilots lose their ability. Because pilots ARE allowed to ride the cabin JS on the West side. So this issue is completely relevant to this thread... So there! lol

Then discuss it in the Pilots thread and let the FAs discuss this without EVERY THREAD being about the pilots, everyone is sick of how the disgruntled east pilots highjack EVERY THREAD!

Also your an east pilot, it does not effect the east pilots one bit, leave it to the West Pilots who are effected.

Back