Airbus Cancels

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMAKEUSFLY

Dec 24, 2009
I posted this on another link too, but decided to bring attention to it by starting a new topic..sorry..i'm new here so if this cant be done let me know. thx....

OK. I'm new here on these boards. But is all this regarding this weekends airbus cancels as well? Does it relate to all these issues? I guess, as a union member with reservations, I have seen this year in and year out for years over holidays. Sad part is, usually its the pilots. We were told yesterday it was due to lack of pilots the airbus cancels on sat/sun. So, here we are, one of the lowest paid in the company and we have to sit and deal with passengers all week already screaming and yelling over all the weather cancels and now this weekend crew cancels on mostly airbus flights. I don't know, but what ever happened to old fashioned...go to work...do your job...go home. Why is everyone so self-centered in demanding their "rights" all the time? Where do other union employees care about how their decisions affect others within the company?

You think you're affecting management! HA!! They're home, enjoying their families this week. It's the other union employees who have to work overtime because of the selfish cancels this weekend now too. I don't know, harass me all you want on this issue, but seems very wrong ethically in my book, but over 10+ years with HP and now US and seems it's constantly like this every holiday.

We have several airbus pilots who cancelled for the weekend..this is wht res was told...no crew for the airbuses..

Company-induced problem. If they took care of the employees the employees would take care of them. Year after year the same EEs are the ones flying every holiday, time and again.
H1N1 sure is a problem this year. May they heal quickly...

We have several airbus pilots who cancelled for the weekend..

It's entirely possible that last weekend's storm caused pilots to time out for the month, require an off day, etc.

Just because they're short of pilots doesn't mean it's the pilot's fault.

Jim

We have several airbus pilots who cancelled for the weekend..this is wht res was told...no crew for the airbuses..
Pilots don't "cancel".

And I would take anything res says regarding ops with a grain of salt.

I think they know less than we do sometimes.

How do you know it wasn't an operational issue?

Before you point a finger at a whole work group , you need to get the facts...Did the company tell you they all called in sick...no! Blame management as they get to sit home on the holidays. They are the ones who staff the pilots. They are also out of f/a's starting on the 26th ....again blame management

I received an automated call that my Christmas day flight from PBI to PHL was cancelled due to lack of crews. I immediately called and was rebooked on the next direct flight about two hours later. A very pleasant Debbie from Reno assisted me.

Before you point a finger at a whole work group , you need to get the facts...Did the company tell you they all called in sick...no! Blame management as they get to sit home on the holidays. They are the ones who staff the pilots. They are also out of f/a's starting on the 26th ....again blame management

Ok..perhaps pointing a finger at a whole work group is wrong..how's this...for years it was the pilots who did call in sick over holidays..and many times the f/a's as well...it only leaves one group (you can look down on us all you want, but there are many of us who are college-educated people who deserve to be treated better than we are from many others in the company), the reservations dept., to have to deal with the irates. Irates have been ongoing anymore due to absolutely unethical company policies as it is, let alone ruining peoples holidays. I'm sorry if I "assumed" it to be one group..but when the bulletin comes in that "airbus cancels due to lack of pilots" it's easy to assume only one thing...ok...maybe management should be more explanatory to us... i agree they sure don't help us in explaining things to passengers. all we can do is make up what we can to try to appease them. in that, it's pathetic, i admit.

how is it it's ONLY over the holiday weekends that management doesn't seem to schedule enough crew? I don't know, it's a whole different world compared to rez, but there's another way things just never seem to line up...COMMUNICATION BETWEEN WORK GROUPS!! If we understood you, perhaps we could service our passengers better. Although, doubtful when passengers complain about being treated rudely by CSR at the ATO. All I know is this..our jobs are much harder now, than ever before. Mainly, the reason isn't so much the economy, it's the policies of the company that create frustration among the passengers.

"Communicating with Care" has been a theme in REZ the past few months..training was done (albeit what it was), yet, sadly, we don't truly have that from management. Not just the REZ management, but overall management. WINGS is fine for "surface" info..but true training, explanations as to the real reasons things happen (such as the cancels this weekend), etc., would help us service passengers more efficiently. Stopping the "micro-managing" of areas of reservations where "one call services all" should be the theme, seems to me much more efficient as well. Anyway, that's off topic here..sorry.

Either way...policies and procedures are truly turning many frequent fliers away...training issues continually stink, ruining one's family holidays seems unending year in and year out (not only because of weather) and yet, somehow we have a company..for how long at this rate..i wonder.

One thing I know for sure..despite it all...I AM THANKFUL I have the job I have, as many right now aren't blessed in having that, so for that, I'm grateful.

Received today from a coworker---

FYI-1468 cancelled today, 1970 and 1044 cancelled Sat, and 714 with all the intl conx, cancelled for Sun. All crew related. Crews are running out of time-we're in big trouble the rest of the month

Didnt we just furlough? :down: :down:

LGA (all airbus) canceled 2 trips originating tomorrow. LGA is short 14 Captains .... No one has timed out. My trip last week(day BEFORE the storm) had no captains. Went thru 5 pilots on a 4 day!

Received today from a coworker---

FYI-1468 cancelled today, 1970 and 1044 cancelled Sat, and 714 with all the intl conx, cancelled for Sun. All crew related. Crews are running out of time-we're in big trouble the rest of the month

Didnt we just furlough? :down: :down:

1826 TPA-PHL is cancelled today. We are being rerouted via CLT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts