Airbus Cancels

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the USAPA update dated December 21, 2008:

"... The Union’s position at the negotiating table is that US Airways Pilots should join the ranks of all of the other employees on the property and be offered Holiday pay. Management’s response was that in the case of the Pilots, there is no correlation between sick calls and a holiday."

So even the management at US Airways says that calling in sick is not the reason for holiday cancellations. Therefore one could conclude that it is inadequate staffing causing these problems. Please don't blame your fellow employees. We are all on the same side.

(it should also be noted that our management does not pay extra on holidays for any other reason than to make sure you show up for work.)

Running out of crews because of federal or contractual issues is purely a management issue. They, via scheduling and other departments, have full control over these issues.

The cancellations are pretty bad today, a shame for those folks whose Christmas plans did not go as planned. In LGA we had 11 ML and Shuttle departure scheduled, all on the Airbus. 4 of those cancelled, more than a third, plus 5 inbounds. At CLT on just the 321 alone 8 departures cancelled. Plus 5 on the 320 and 13 on the 319, or 26 total. Really sad Christmas for a lot of people who counted on this airline.

For the record I do NOT blame 1 pilot or flt attendant, this appears to be all based on crews timing out. And based on the proffesionalism and dedication of the folks in crew tracking I deal with on an almost daily basis I'm sure it could have been worse without their actions, along with others in OCC. And I personally believe the upcoming base closeures will only make it worse.

A sad day at work.

Respectfully

LGA777

I don't know what happened, but ask Sully and Jeff Skiles and the F/A's. That flight crew didn't do their job on that Airbus either.....................

I don't know what happened, but ask Sully and Jeff Skiles and the F/A's. That flight crew didn't do their job on that Airbus either.....................
Don't furlough and pay holidays, then you have the people. I would not believe any info that is put out by this company. Somebody probably forgot to have enough jets available, so they blamed the pilots.........again. Just like they blamed the F/A's and bag handlers in the last of many X-Mas fiascos when they furloughed them, then the DOT proved mgt. caused it all.

So what if it the pilot's fault? Fly the planes yourself. We no longer care what anyone thinks. Like every employee group here at LCC, we are underpaid, overworked, mistreated by management and it is all coming to a head. And don't forget, we have over 220 pilots furloughed at this moment with another 165 to be furloughed in a couple of months. How can anyone in their right mind blame the pilot group, when we have pilots on the street? That is a management decision.

Just wait till next year when the compamy does not honor our contract, they ain't seen nothing yet!!!

Just wait till next year when the compamy does not honor our contract, they ain't seen nothing yet!!!

Under the circumstances, one way or another, things will be very different in a year. The odds that USAPA is still here is probably around (or slightly under) 50%, there may be no union, a new union or a different union. There is possible consolidation, etc. As I said, next year will somehow be different.

Yes. I'm sure every time the company sees a clipboard bearing stickers with "WWDD" or the caricature of a pilot urinating on a cactus they quake in their Gucci loafers.

You won't get their attention until there is unity in the ranks of the USAirways pilots, and not just the ones from the East.

Just curious. Do pilots pay for those stickers with personal funds or from Cleary's Coffer?

We know John, your money is on Parker.

It's not John.

I don't think he posts on USAviation, just USAPA Watch and maybe one of the other pilot boards.

After knowing JS for some 30 years, you may not like what he has to say, but he tells it staight to your face. Just like the Crew News video you are referring to.

Under the circumstances, one way or another, things will be very different in a year. The odds that USAPA is still here is probably around (or slightly under) 50%, there may be no union, a new union or a different union. There is possible consolidation, etc. As I said, next year will somehow be different.
You have no understanding of anything that's going on here the east side, this has nothing to with USAPA on any other union that might be here.

You have no understanding of anything that's going on here the east side, this has nothing to with USAPA on any other union that might be here.

I have no understanding? Really? If USAPA is gone and no other union comes in just who will be able to enforce any prior contractual agreements or assist in communications between the pilots and management when pilots hit their 1000 hour yearly federal cap? I think I have a pretty good knowledge of some of this and I suggest that some folks are not thinking all the various facts and factors all the way through when they are postulating about the future.

(Please note that I didn't direct this post at any specific individual. However, if the shoe fits feel free to wear it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.