Airbus Cancels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker v USAPA?

Put my money on Parker as well.

Also put money on luvthe9 being on the street as well after being terminated for cause.
More like Parker vs the east pilot group. why do you people keep bringing up USAPA again you don't get it, Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!

OK ALL!! I've been informed by an "admin" here that my first post made "quite a splash." First let me clarify one thing, and ask forgiveness if I've offended anyone or any "group" on these boards. As I stated, perhaps better communication and understanding between work groups would help us all understand what truly is going on. So, I want to apologize to you all. I was threatened to having this thread ended because I shouldn't have started a "labor related" thread...gee..i only asked about cancels and if the pilots or f/a's were doing this on purpose or what? Anyway...again, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Just help me to understand what is happening.

I know I assumed something that perhaps I shouldn't have. But years of experience here, I have seen this to be the case to try to "prove" something to management. So, perhaps my wording wasn't what it should be. I will say I don't like be threatened by this as I only wanted a simple answer. If it is due to true "timing out" or "scheduling" then fine, tell me so and I'm good with it. That's where I would like to see better communication between work groups.

I only want to remind everyone that we in rez are the FIRST contact with passengers most of the time. We are also the 2nd and 3rd and 4th, etc., contact depending on the "cause and affect" syndrome in this industry. I only would like to see more communication between us and perhaps that would be something the unions together could work out. Either way, we only have management to depend on at this time in communicating, and perhaps that needs to be better for our sake in instances like this, as we have to answer to the passengers and we are clueless as to why the pilots weren't available for flights that had been scheduled, in many cases, for months.

Either way, I humbly beseech you all to forgive me if I've offended anyone. I do hope the "admins" of this board however, also correct and rebuke those using foul language, demeaning others, etc., as well. "Consistency" would be something to see here.

I've read these boards for years and finally decided to sign up to ask a simple question and make some statements. Needless to say, my response from an admin took my aback somewhat. Again, I thank you all for your time and your quality input in this.

Also, I do hope many of you had a very Merry Christmas. This was only the 2nd time in 10 years I was blessed to have the day off!

Thx again. :)

More like Parker vs the east pilot group. why do you people keep bringing up USAPA again you don't get it, Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!
More like Parker and the west pilot group vs the east pilot group.

You guys try to pull any wildcat action and we'll be out there the next day to cover the flying.

Enjoy the street.

OK ALL!! I've been informed by an "admin" here that my first post made "quite a splash." First let me clarify one thing, and ask forgiveness if I've offended anyone or any "group" on these boards. As I stated, perhaps better communication and understanding between work groups would help us all understand what truly is going on. So, I want to apologize to you all. I was threatened to having this thread ended because I shouldn't have started a "labor related" thread...gee..i only asked about cancels and if the pilots or f/a's were doing this on purpose or what? Anyway...again, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Just help me to understand what is happening.
Nobody's offended; most threads deteriorate into labor-themed complain-a-thons until the mods put them out of their misery. Whether they'll admit it or not I suspect many of the folks that come here do so seeking the thrill of provocation and outrage. It might be a sickness, or a hobby. Anyway, I got mad respect for the rez peeps. :up:

Just wait till next year when the compamy does not honor our contract, they ain't seen nothing yet!!!
lol, k. So suddenly the dudes hiding behind stickers and legal briefs are gonna man up after how many years of chest-beating, saber-rattling, fuming, grumbling and being walked all over? Best of luck bro, I look forward to believing it when I see it.

ChockJockey said:
Whether they'll admit it or not I suspect many of the folks that come here do so seeking the thrill of provocation and outrage.
Te hee!

Under the circumstances, one way or another, things will be very different in a year. The odds that USAPA is still here is probably around (or slightly under) 50%, there may be no union, a new union or a different union. There is possible consolidation, etc. As I said, next year will somehow be different.

I disagree with your odds. I think the odds favor USAPA being here this time next year by about 9 to 1.

There won't be a new union. There is no likelihood of getting 50% +1 ballots before this time next year and holding an election. There is little likelihood of that happening in the next 4 or 5 years, IMO.

Absent a merger/buyout that can be completed before this time next year (the current one is 4+ years and counting,) there won't be a different union.

I will concede that the small possibility that USAPA will not be here next year will be the result of dissolution of the association, and as a result there will be no union.

Absent a merger, ALPA will never again represent USAirways pilots....east or west.

I know I assumed something that perhaps I shouldn't have. But years of experience here, I have seen this to be the case to try to "prove" something to management. So, perhaps my wording wasn't what it should be. I will say I don't like be threatened by this as I only wanted a simple answer. If it is due to true "timing out" or "scheduling" then fine, tell me so and I'm good with it. That's where I would like to see better communication between work groups.

I only want to remind everyone that we in rez are the FIRST contact with passengers most of the time. We are also the 2nd and 3rd and 4th, etc., contact depending on the "cause and affect" syndrome in this industry. I only would like to see more communication between us and perhaps that would be something the unions together could work out. Either way, we only have management to depend on at this time in communicating, and perhaps that needs to be better for our sake in instances like this, as we have to answer to the passengers and we are clueless as to why the pilots weren't available for flights that had been scheduled, in many cases, for months.

Either way, I humbly beseech you all to forgive me if I've offended anyone. I do hope the "admins" of this board however, also correct and rebuke those using foul language, demeaning others, etc., as well. "Consistency" would be something to see here.

I've read these boards for years and finally decided to sign up to ask a simple question and make some statements. Needless to say, my response from an admin took my aback somewhat. Again, I thank you all for your time and your quality input in this.

Also, I do hope many of you had a very Merry Christmas. This was only the 2nd time in 10 years I was blessed to have the day off!

Thx again. :)

Don't worry about it. It was interesting to see what transpired. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

I have no understanding? Really? If USAPA is gone and no other union comes in just who will be able to enforce any prior contractual agreements or assist in communications between the pilots and management when pilots hit their 1000 hour yearly federal cap? I think I have a pretty good knowledge of some of this and I suggest that some folks are not thinking all the various facts and factors all the way through when they are postulating about the future.

(Please note that I didn't direct this post at any specific individual. However, if the shoe fits feel free to wear it.)

We agree on this. I think the west, in particular, is missing that point when they think "no union" means Parker will then honor the Nicolau award religiously. It may very well be the list that the company then publishes, but when furloughs come by domicile, or by equipment, rather than following the "list," who is to protest, and on what basis.

Please tell us all what force the current east and west contracts have if there is no union. Does the contract survive such a situation without a second party? I think we all know the answer, but I don't recall you ever weighing in on this.

Absent a union, is there anything keeping the company from legally furloughing out of seniority (however that seniority they choose to define.) Can the company legally say, we are parking all the 737s next month, so all pilots currently flying that equipment will be hitting the street? Or, we are closing the DCA base, so those pilots go bye-bye?

Furloughing by the the "list" always incurs a lot of training expenses for the company. Does anyone think Parker wouldn't just opt to save that money and furlough in a way that would incur no expense?

HP_FA, please address these issues for us. If there is a legal basis for our contract surviving the absence of a certified CBA, please cite precedence or law.

I thought this was an "airbus cancels" forum, not the pilot war forum.

we only have management to depend on at this time in communicating, and perhaps that needs to be better for our sake in instances like this, as we have to answer to the passengers and we are clueless as to why the pilots weren't available for flights that had been scheduled, in many cases, for months.

You answered your own question. You work in one of the most controlled departments. But, it's wonderful that you seek more light and actually do question management...Now for management, they need to stop proving that they can run this airline with un-intergrated work groups.. and finish their job of merging "US", so that we can truly be "US".

Happy Holidays to US and them....lol

I disagree with your odds. I think the odds favor USAPA being here this time next year by about 9 to 1.

That's fair enough. I certainly didn't expect everyone to agree with my view. We'll just have to see how this all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.