Airbus Order - 320s, 330's, 350's

Are the 10 A330-200's in this announcement for 2009 in addition to the 332's that were already firmly booked? Or is it a creative way for the PR folks to make it seem like LCC bought more 330's when they already had them on order?

Guess I'm the only one happy about this. I admit it, I like the Airbus. I pick up a maintenance logbook and see few if any writeups for DAYS on these aircraft. Occasionally one breaks, but Boeings break too. You fix them and move on. We fly the heck out of the A321s. They cris-cross the country all day and night and just keep on going.

I RARELY hear a pilot or Flight Attendant complain about the Airbus.

A320 Driver B)

Guess you forgot about all the lav pans that had to be replaced due to corrension on planes less than two years old.

And the AD that affect all the engine pylons and the AD on the A330 Ladnding gear.

Shall I continue?

Guess I'm the only one happy about this. I admit it, I like the Airbus. I pick up a maintenance logbook and see few if any writeups for DAYS on these aircraft. Occasionally one breaks, but Boeings break too. You fix them and move on. We fly the heck out of the A321s. They cris-cross the country all day and night and just keep on going.

A320 Driver B)

Yup, just like my car. I can't drive across the country without stopping for fuel, either.

For what it's worth, the 787 specs are paper only specs at the moment. For all we know, the A350 will end up being more efficient than the 787 once it gets into actual operations.

very dissapointed :down: :down:

I was dreaming of a Dreamliner too. On the other hand the efficiencies of one or two(737-300,-400's) fewer fleet type should be a good thing. Now if the airbus could just go the distance.

A320 Driver B)
And passengers prefer them too! (And in HOT weather the AB is much cooler)

Guess you forgot about all the lav pans that had to be replaced due to corrension on planes less than two years old.

And the AD that affect all the engine pylons and the AD on the A330 Ladnding gear.

Shall I continue?

To be fair, level the playing field...take an airbus widebody(or narrowbody) that was introduced on date X, and a Boeing widebody(or narrowbody) that was introduced around the same time. Does one have a significant number of AD's than the other? I know several A&P's that work on both. They tell me they each have their hangups. But the discussions always become like a Chevy vs. Ford comparison.

The only "legacy" carrier that goes with an all airbus fleet!

Freakin idiots

Why would you say that?? Everyone is getting too wrapped up in the A350 announcement. The A330-200 and 300 model are more than capiable airliners to do int'l flights from PHL. Plus keep in mind that some of the narrow bodies came at prices that I'm sure boeing wouldn't offer on it's NG's. Lets not forget that boeing was a huge player in jamming AWA and the new USAirways in merger attempts with ATA and Delta.

Keep in mind that another merger announcement is just around the corner and a lot of this may be moot! I think the real benefit is replacing some of the older a/c on the east that have become rather embarrassing. The quote to replace older A330's is probably a misprint. All in all this is a good sign to our customers. People like to ride on new a/c.

The A330-200 has a range of around 6,600 nautical miles, give or take. It would be hard-pressed to run routes such as PHL-TLV. And China, Japan, and India are simply out of the question. US Airways will still have to find some used A340's in order to run these routes. At least until the A350 gets on property, which won't be until 2014.

As a flight attendant I prefer working the 'bus. It is more user friendly. However, if something bad is happening, I feel more secure in the Boeing. I am not surprised by this order announcement and wonder what will happen to the order when we merge with United .... United is an all Boeing widebody fleet ..... unless of course we are merging with Northwest .... they are already have some Airbus widebody's in their fleet .....

As a flight attendant I prefer working the 'bus. It is more user friendly. However, if something bad is happening, I feel more secure in the Boeing.

Ok this is gonna sound crazy but how many times in your career have you had something bad enough happening to validate that statement??? If so that would have to mean that you had life fearing incidents on both that led you to feel more secure on a boeing than a bus.

Latest posts

Back