Airbus Order - 320s, 330's, 350's

For what it's worth, the 787 specs are paper only specs at the moment. For all we know, the A350 will end up being more efficient than the 787 once it gets into actual operations.
i agree, im not sure why evryone gets a chubby for the dreamliner...its still a long way from its first flight.

Read my above post, the 787 is currently in the assembly line at Boeing, being built.

Go click on the link, in my previous post.

The Boeing LCA has been flying all over the world bringing assemblies to be assembled.

The A350's design is not even complete and there is no funding available at the moment to build it.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Cool link, thanks. Worthwhile just for the shots of the 747 Dreamlifter "guppy").

On the issue at hand, I'm as much of an Airbus fan as anyone else, but I do question the wisdom of this decision. Would have preferred splitting between A320 types and the 787.
But, what do I know?

(As long as Doogie won't be at the helm when the XWB finally does show up) :bleh:

US Airways' purchase of 60 A-320 family aircraft that will be delivered between 2010 and 2013 coupled with the 37 A-320 family aircraft previously ordered, which will be delivered in 2008 through 2010, will replace the company’s 95 B737's that will be retired by 2012. In about 5.5 years Boeing's representation in US Airways' fleet of 358 aircraft will be limited to about 20 B-757's.

US Airways currently has 5 EMB-190 aircraft in service with 17 more firm orders and additional options.

I too am glad that US Airways ordered Airbus aircraft, which I prefer to fly and I believe are more comfortable than Boeing aircraft.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I too am glad that US Airways ordered Airbus aircraft, which I prefer to fly and I believe are more comfortable than Boeing aircraft.

Did you mean "prefer to monitor systems in flight"?
Just digging you. The 320 is a fine machine but I would still take a NG over it. JMO.

True....but I always thought UA made more sense. A merger between us and them would basically eliminate our need for PHL. Combining our DCA operations with their IAD operations would create a powerhouse hub operation on the East coast. We could move PHL operations to IAD/DCA and let PHL be someone elses headache. NW does also have it's advantages too...DTW, orient, A330.

Bigbusboy,

I agree. In addition, MEM would help fill in a void in the central U.S. and NWA has the new EMB Compass operation, which could integrate nicely with US Airways' EMB-190s.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I still don't think there are been a clear answer about this issue. Are the A332's in this deal the A332's that were previously ordered and set for delivery in a year or two? Or are these on top of those planes so US would have a total of around 20 A332's?

You're right - no clear answer.....

While the press release specifically said that the 60 A320's are in addition to the previously ordered 37 narrow-body Airbuses, it doesn't say anything about the 10 A330's. Just coincidence that the number and delivery of 330's in this announcement matches the number already on order? Who knows.

Jim

HMMMM! So if we merge with NW i would really like to see what the heritage circle would look like!

Allegheny(Mohawk,Lake Central),PSA,Piedmont(Empire),America West,Republic(Southern,North Central,Hughes Airwest). LOL

US Airways orders 22 A350's for 2014. The way its going, nobody will see US Airways colors on a A350. Do you think US will still have the need for that plane by then?

Latest posts

Back