Alpa Code A Phone 9/6 #2

Pacemaker said:
If the company is serious about something other than their predestined, for months, CH. 11 filing, then they will come back tomorrow with a reasonable offer to ALPA that falls withing the original $295MM demand.

IMO, they never were, they won't, and ALPA should be ramping up their strike committe and offering full support to the IAM and making clear in no uncertain terms that they will not cross an IAM picket line.
[post="176555"][/post]​

================================================

Pacemaker,

EVERY word, EVERY letter of your post is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways is now toast. Time to move on...

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="176548"][/post]​
Oh no! Doors are gonna close tomorrow! Must be, he's never been wrong before...has he?

The fault in ALL of this lies squarely with the inept management. Nobody ever even questioned (except the RC 4) whether the $295 million number was even realistic, which it absolutely was not. If UAIR is gonna close up shop, which it probably would have concessions or not, may as well get on with it with heads held high, not grovelling for crumbs of bread to feed your family. The sad part is that ALPA came within 4 votes of giving it ALL away without a fight.

USAirBoyA330 said:
....voting against letting the membership determine if the proposal was acceptable.

[post="176512"][/post]​

How come Pilots pay 2% of their income to ALPA? I am glad you asked.

ALPA has a collective bargaining responsibility to the pilots they represent. The Neg Comm negotiates with the company. Once a tentative agreement is reached, the MEC determines that it is or is not an acceptable Tentative agreement. If it is acceptable then they send it out to the membership for rejection/approval.

The Neg Comm offered 265 Million. The company kept increasing their demands and refused to negotiate with the Neg Comm. The company preferred to twist ALPA into presenting the company offer directly to the pilots for consideration. In other words the company attempted to negotiate directly with the pilots and bypass the union. But for the honor and integrity of four men who represent the majority of the pilots, the company would have succeeded. Only four MEC members did what they are paid to do. The other MEC members decided to shirk their responsibility and pass the companies offer directly to the pilots.

The company clearly had no intention of negotiating. The Neg Comm was willing to give 265 million but the company says they will go bankrupt if the do not get 295 million. And this after they have already received 6 BILLION?! And wewonder why mgt cannot figure out how to get a dime if you give them two nickels to rub together?

You do the math.

Respectrully,

Phoenix

pitguy said:
Are you still going to fly over in that third world country? I know you have tons of offers as you have told us.
[post="176551"][/post]​

Now would be a great time to go!!

USA320Pilot said:
The RC4 define stupidity and do not represent the views of the MEC Officer, majority of the MEC, and the rank-and-file.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="176550"][/post]​

Decorum Police. Mr. Civility has fallen and needs your assistance. Oh wait... nevermind. He d ended his post with "respectfully".

SalesGuyCCY said:
Yep, I'd say Chapter 11 filing on Sunday 9/12 is all but certain. It's going to get ugly!
[post="176519"][/post]​

No bankruptcy till Feb... you see the company was willing to give an 1113 letter good through Jan, and they never give anything that will cost them. :lol:

The RC4 represent the majority of the pilots. I commend them for standing up and doing the right thing. Let the chips fall where they may.

IAM does not need the support of ALPA. If you have support from the FAs then you can do whatever you want. Without FAs you cant put a single passenger on one of those airplanes. I.E.- everybody gets a refund.

Rampman said:
IAM does not need the support of ALPA. If you have support from the FAs then you can do whatever you want. Without FAs you cant put a single passenger on one of those airplanes. I.E.- everybody gets a refund.
[post="176574"][/post]​
true but you can train a F/A much sooner than you can a pilot.... ;)

Dear US320 or whatever, The company is not TOAST. For the first time in a decade the Pilots just said NO ..THe company has $250 million on the table..they can take it and be very profitable! Its in there court. no pun intended..P.S. The first thing we show the judge is ..we gave 250 million...the management gave....NOTHING......BUSFLT 321

Pacemaker said:
If the company is serious about something other than their predestined, for months, CH. 11 filing, then they will come back tomorrow with a reasonable offer to ALPA that falls withing the original $295MM demand.

IMO, they never were, they won't, and ALPA should be ramping up their strike committe and offering full support to the IAM and making clear in no uncertain terms that they will not cross an IAM picket line.
[post="176555"][/post]​
You people just don't get it! There is NOTHING that can be given that is more "reasonable!" With the pilots, mechanics, etc., getting whacked, the company cannot be saved!

delldude said:
true but you can train a F/A much sooner than you can a pilot.... ;)
[post="176577"][/post]​

Sure after they pass an extensive background check and complete a 6 week training course. US can request to the FAA to get a 3 week training course. Either way 3 or 6 weeks without a plane in the sky, equals no more US Airways.

LiveInAHotel said:
Sure after they pass an extensive background check and complete a 6 week training course. US can request to the FAA to get a 3 week training course. Either way 3 or 6 weeks without a plane in the sky, equals no more US Airways.
[post="176582"][/post]​
you can ramp up all that on the QT easier is my point...and i wouldn't put it past them.