Alpa Code A Phone 9/6 #2

SalesGuyCCY said:
You people just don't get it! There is NOTHING that can be given that is more "reasonable!" With the pilots, mechanics, etc., getting whacked, the company cannot be saved!
[post="176580"][/post]​
Maybe it's time for the 'unreasonableness' to end SalesGuyCCY. Sometimes some things are just not meant to be. It's not the end of the world; change while uncomfortable at first can end up being the best thing. Just my two cents.

SalesGuyCCY said:
You people just don't get it! There is NOTHING that can be given that is more "reasonable!" With the pilots, mechanics, etc., getting whacked, the company cannot be saved!
[post="176580"][/post]​

Think about it SaleGuy...these people are not stupid in the least, they get it! YOU don't get it. They have been messed with too many times and now refuse to be pushed anymore, guess the next thing to do is pull the plug on this terminal patient and die in peace. What’s worth saving? 1/5 of the jobs? Pay and benefits that can be had elsewhere minus the stress? Feeding on crumbs while watching a few executives receive millions, is this what you believe THESE people don’t get? Think of a branch that bends in the wind and the winds became stronger and bent the branch further and then even stronger winds came until the branch broke off. The winds are the blowhards in CCY, your cohorts and the branches are the employees spirit, the spirit you people just killed.

The pilots didn't stand up, only 3 pilots made a stand...if the membership would of voted it down...i would say the pilots made a stand...totally irresponsible for not letting the pilots vote

jack mama said:
The pilots didn't stand up, only 3 pilots made a stand...if the membership would of voted it down...i would say the pilots made a stand...totally irresponsible for not letting the pilots vote
[post="176594"][/post]​

jack mama, its not as simple as that. From what I've been told (and someone correct me if I am wrong here), if the tentative agreement had gone out to the pilots for a vote regardless of the outcome the pilots would lose the right to "self help", meaning the right to strike, work action, whatever. Again, this is what I heard, again, if this is not correct, somebody please post the correct answer.

cavalier said:
Think about it SaleGuy...these people are not stupid in the least, they get it! YOU don't get it. They have been messed with too many times and now refuse to be pushed anymore, guess the next thing to do is pull the plug on this terminal patient and die in peace. What’s worth saving? 1/5 of the jobs? Pay and benefits that can be had elsewhere minus the stress? Feeding on crumbs while watching a few executives receive millions, is this what you believe THESE people don’t get? Think of a branch that bends in the wind and the winds became stronger and bent the branch further and then even stronger winds came until the branch broke off. The winds are the blowhards in CCY, your cohorts and the branches are the employees spirit, the spirit you people just killed.
[post="176593"][/post]​
No, I actually DO get it all too well. Times are tough and if the company is to survive it must have all the cuts asked for. Even the cuts asked for are not even enough. Question is: would the unions rather take their chances in bankruptcy? There, the measures will be even more "draconian."

SalesGuyCCY said:
I know..that's my point! It will be up to courts soon!
[post="176613"][/post]​

Many still think Chapter 11 could not be any worse than negotiating beforehand. Bottomline, UAIR will not emerge from a second Chapter 11. The company will be broken up and sold off in chunks. We all know the company is more valuable in pieces than it is as an operating entity.

So, not reaching TAs is in essence "voting" each employee out of a job. But, that's a choice each union is making, and it's their choice to make I suppose. As a customer, I've taken 90 percent of my business elsewhere. I just got tired of wondering if my primary means of getting to work was going to be here "tomorrow". And most of my CCY friends have left ... they just got sick of cut after cut when other companies are bouncing back, giving raises, hiring again, etc.

USFlyer said:
Many still think Chapter 11 could not be any worse than negotiating beforehand. Bottomline, UAIR will not emerge from a second Chapter 11. The company will be broken up and sold off in chunks. We all know the company is more valuable in pieces than it is as an operating entity.

So, not reaching TAs is in essence "voting" each employee out of a job. But, that's a choice each union is making, and it's their choice to make I suppose. As a customer, I've taken 90 percent of my business elsewhere. I just got tired of wondering if my primary means of getting to work was going to be here "tomorrow". And most of my CCY friends have left ... they just got sick of cut after cut when other companies are bouncing back, giving raises, hiring again, etc.
[post="176614"][/post]​
Actually, some analysts claim that indeed the company is not worth more in parts..but we'll see. Its a sad day and I don't know what will happen--I think it will be left up to the courts but I'm concerned that no on will want to pony up any money while we are Chapter 11 and that will be our demise.

The Shuttle and US Airways' share of LGA and DCA are probably worth more than the entire airline.

Add to that a bunch of brand new aircraft that could be used by many startup carriers, and you have a great candidate for liquidation.

Whats amazing here is some of you act like this doesnt affect you, or that you speak as if your on the outside looking in. This shouldnt surprise anyone. The right wings nuts arent gonna give up , they ae hard core pro union dang the company and jobs at all cost. I for one, hope the job Dave didnt do, and shouldve been done in BK, now will get done.

TheDog2004 said:
The Shuttle and US Airways' share of LGA and DCA are probably worth more than the entire airline.

Add to that a bunch of brand new aircraft that could be used by many startup carriers, and you have a great candidate for liquidation.
[post="176617"][/post]​

Alas, US does not own the LGA terminal (CO does) and the LGA/DCA slots are in hock to the ATSB.

Sales Guy, I have a question. What has Management done to cut the other 800 Million or so they claim to need. I have not seen much done if we are in such a dire situation. We have extra facilities around the system they we continue to hold on to, Pay rent etc that should be let go. But, I am waiting on your take on what they have done recently.

ClueByFour said:
Alas, US does not own the LGA terminal (CO does) and the LGA/DCA slots are in hock to the ATSB.
[post="176623"][/post]​

Didn't know that.

Okay then maybe just the aircraft.

How about US Airways' share of Boston? They still own that at least?