ALPA Thread 1/18-1/25 ALL ALPA Discussed Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Crow Laws - good example - as well as women's franchise, child labor, gay rights, slavery, etc. etc. The point being, where the law of the land conflicts with a just and compelling principle, in the end the principle prevails and the law becomes a footnote in history.

I see the same graveyard in store for a union merger policy which ignores length of service.

But you contend that by force you will take what you please thereby ignoring 1900 people! The obvious comes to mind here and that is you had over 17yrs to make changes to the policy yet you didn't nor did you even any attempt to. It wasn't until may of last year that you finally sought change but funny thing about that is that you waited until AFTER the arbitration that YOU WANTED to say anything about merger policy...

I've had OK luck with the HP multifunction...however, I did hear the Panasonics are pretty good. What would you recommend for a phone system and do you think we could get the company to get great deals on laptops so we could have our jepps instead of the brain bag?

Can USAPA get us pony rides in the crew room?

Seriously though the whole "Let's vote" campaign works for me but since there is only one entity communicating with me on why they deserve a vote to be the CBA on property, the ballot should be easy.

Still waiting out West for USAPA to get a spine and come out here for a road show to tell me how they are going to represent my interests.

Still waiting....

Still waiting....

Yelling and screaming will not solve anything, whether it comes from an ALPA or a USAPA individual, though when someone is attacked it is a normal response to get on the defensive. I have to say that the future looks disturbing regardless of which union represents EAST and WEST pilots. I have questions for both sides and I have seen USAPA leaders avoid some questions just as much as some ALPA reps. have. It’s interesting that you mention (end of alpa) if OUR pilots can be bought out...honestly I don't know...

Seriously though the whole "Let's vote" campaign works for me but since there is only one entity communicating with me on why they deserve a vote to be the CBA on property, the ballot should be easy.

Still waiting out West for USAPA to get a spine and come out here for a road show to tell me how they are going to represent my interests.

Still waiting....

Still waiting....

Oh come on, didn't you see Woody's video clip? He said usapa is good for us west pilots, whether we know it or not yet. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

The National Mediation Board (NMB) ruled today that US Airways East and West are operating as a single carrier. The NMB ruling stated “The Board finds that East and West are operating as a single transportation system for representation purposes under the RLA.”

The board also stated that “USAPA and any other interested organizations have 14 days from the date of this determination to file an application supported by a showing of interest of more than fifty (50) percent of the single transportation system.”

daddynl2.jpg

Still waiting....

Still waiting....

If you will e-mail USAPA at [email protected] and tell them that you and several of the West pilots will host several of us to come over there and provide a road show I will assure you a roadshow meeting WILL be held.

Spines are optional! VBG!

What say you?

Just for the record/info Panasonic has a Market Share of less than 1%. There primary claim to fame is they are cheap and some can be purchased with different color covers.

When PIT AFA closed their office they had a pretty nice Ricoh Copier. Don't know what they did with it but they were trying to sell it.

Hey, remember the "copy" sheets where you typed them up and then put them in the roller thingy and then you turned the handle for however many copies you wanted? I remember them when I was in grade school. What was that thing called?

Hey, remember the "copy" sheets where you typed them up and then put them in the roller thingy and then you turned the handle for however many copies you wanted? I remember them when I was in grade school. What was that thing called?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

God, that brought back memories I haven't conjured up in a LONG time! Are you talking about the copies with the purple/blue ink that, if right off the printer, were still damp? All of the classmates would take the paper and put it up to their noses to get a cheap high from the scent of the ink? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think those were called mimeograph pages, if I recall correctly.

If you will e-mail USAPA at [email protected] and tell them that you and several of the West pilots will host several of us to come over there and provide a road show I will assure you a roadshow meeting WILL be held.

Spines are optional! VBG!

What say you?

Representation is not optional. They will be forced to represent everyone, including the folks who will be in bad standing for non-payment of dues, as well as those whose mission in life will be the ouster of U-SAPs.

Since they are ill prepared to do lead, winning would deal them their biggest loss.

Since they are ill prepared to do lead, winning would deal them their biggest loss.
Think of how they (USAP's leaders) will deal with that darn little arbitrated agreement that just can't disappear with a waving of a wand or a penny toss into a fountain. Changing a union will not change the pilot seniority list- that has been settled. Bradford, et al. will eventually have to pony up some answers for the plethora of empty promises once their honeymoon of hopes and wishes ends.

FYI:

MEC NewsDirect
January 24, 2008

This is NewsDirect, the US Airways MEC's electronic-only information source with one item.

US Airways today reported a fourth quarter 2007 net loss of $79 million, or ($0.87) per share, which includes net special items of $37 million. Excluding net special items, the Company reported a fourth quarter 2007 net loss of $42 million or ($0.45) per share.

The Company reported a full year 2007 net profit of $427 million, or $4.52 per diluted share, which includes net special items of $13 million. Excluding net special items, the Company reported a net profit of $440 million, or $4.65 per diluted share.

The Company had $3.0 billion in total cash and investments, of which $2.5 billion was unrestricted, on Dec. 31, 2007.

For the full year, the Company accrued $49 million for its annual employee profit sharing program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back