ALPA/USAPA Thread for the Week 5/22 to 5/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see two options also.

1. Put the West on LOA 93

2. Park all West 737's

I think we will see something within 4 weeks if oil stays at these levels.

Practical or just plain ignorant? I see only two options:

1. East comes up to parity.

Good luck with oil at $130/barrel and USAPA with no leverage.

2. West coming down to LOA93.

Parker cutting pay from only one side of the pilot group? Not likely.

And Parker is on record as saying that there will be no parity with a joint contract. With the economic window we're in, I think we'll see something in 4 years.
Well, you've been wrong before. I guess we'll see, won't we?

Practical or just plain ignorant?

2. West coming down to LOA93.

Parker cutting pay from only one side of the pilot group? Not likely.

First I'll note that the last thing I wish to see's ANY further degradations to pilot wages and work rules....PERIOD!...BUT, reality check time...where/how/by what bizarre fantasy do you come up with "Not likely."? These people will do everything that's at all possible to cut costs. They know the west's "Righteous Positon" and the existent labor strife's VERY clear to all. "not likely" is right up there with "Practice Cactus"...or perhaps..your immediately post-Nic "Booyashaka!". The management team's not the slightest bit concerned with making either group independantly "happy" (and if they were..it wouldn't be the smaller of the two)...just the corporation's bottom line...and what's in it for themselves. That last concept...you've clearly, long held an intutive grasp of, I'd think.

This "brilliant" little strategy of "We'll do anything to sabotage the Union and the easties" very stupidly..nay..clinically insanely, cheerfully hands management a finely honed blade to cut with. Don't even fantasize that the west throats are magically protected via your "Righteous Position"..and BS/"We're Special" attitude in general. You've some serious "members", (clearly qualified for Mensa's uppermost elite) within your "brilliant leadership" out there. If/when hugely "bad stuff" happens out west, ..don't claim that no one warned you of the real potential for such.

"With the economic window we're in, I think we'll see something in 4 years." You're flat-out joking I assume? Without significant environmental changes..this place won't even exist in four years. I'm sure that management's foremost concern's just keeping the west pilots "happy" in the meanwhile...yeah..sure...no doubt at all.

Do you really believe that you're so "special" that you're personally "worth" more than any other person/pilot who's worked and flown for many more years than you have?

Have a fine journey through life...;)

It seems that you think you're the 'special' person or your group is the 'anointed ' group.

Your view of puts me (18+ years continuos employment) down at the bottom of the list. :down:

Interesting that congress passed rules for airline mergers that tend to look down on DOH merging of lists. :blink:

If you truly believe in DOH then fix your ENTIRE list. Seems all of your mergers didn't go DOH- I guess since you 'saved' Empire you didn't have to slot them in, right?

How do yo know how long I've worked or flown? I flew with a former Chief Pilot at Trans America here, was he a rookie too?

You must be just like Scotty Theuer, 'Mergers ruined my career'. Well guess what, it's called life. :shock:

As for your failure to come to the west, I don't care. I don't have to explain how it's okay to visit every other domicile but PHX/LAS, oh wait, you can visit the new hires but exclude the line pilots, some sense of brotherhood. I guess it's all about the majority.

Lead on boys. I'm waiting for you to trade my seniority for your crew meals. :up:

It seems that you think you're the 'special' person or your group is the 'anointed ' group.

Nice try...but total BS. EastUS: "I can't personally imagine myself EVER having the unmitigated gall to look into another's pilot's face, with far more years of flying..and tell him that I "should be the captain"....of course; I don't have your perverse sense of having any "higher ground"=lottery ticket, upon which to "justify" any such obvious BS...and I personally couldn't even then. Your actual mileage seems to vary therein.....within all that "higher ground"

"Your view of puts me (18+ years continuos employment) down at the bottom of the list" = BS, and even were that at all true = Sounds like a "personal problem" and nothing based upon any actual Principles to fret over.

"Interesting that congress passed rules..." We disagree on the intended effect, but..no matter..even were you "right"..I hardly look to "congress" for the determination of my core beliefs and values.

"As for your failure to come to the west, I don't care" After the PHX Roadshow..and the "scene" involved..that would properly have shamed any semi-respectable tribe of even striped-arsed baboons, had they also been within the audience...I don't care either. Exactly why you/your group thinks that anyone's actually supposed to kiss your arses is a complete mystery to me. If any out west wish to be involved at any level..the door's open. I'm speaking only for myself, and not representing USAPA at any level..but..I'm far past fed up with the west's childish BS, and no longer have even the slightest sympathy for such. Your group's apparently intent on conducting themselves akin to the behavior of hormonally stressed, 13 year old girls (jumpseats/etc)..and I'm, personally "done" with your BS. NONE of you will EVER be treated with such contempt by me, within ANY operational area/aircraft/etc...and....you guys just don't much impress me...especially with such chickensh-t crap as "I jess' cwouldn't weally take that evil eastie on the jumpseat...My poor 'widdle bwain jess' couldn't handle aw' de' awfull "stwess"....Words just fail me. You "professhunuhls" arent' exactly on my "greatest pilots/ferocious warriors of all time" list, nor do I have any "feel the love" issues here..but..NONE of you will be denied properly professional courtesy by me, within ANY aircraft EVER....

From the PHX roadshow = "Treat us like professionals..we're not f--kin' stoooopid!"...Ummm.."sure".... Should you conduct yourselves as actual professionals..and stop acting "stooopid"..... we'll talk.

"How do yo know how long I've worked or flown? I flew with a former Chief Pilot at Trans America here, was he a rookie too?" I don't know how long you've personally flown/worked. Evidently..it's far less than the man you noted..whom you had no problem being "senior" to...?

"INTEGRITY MATTERS" How would you presume to know? :rolleyes:

PS: The Bottom Line is that we'd all be far better served if we could find some way to work together. Whatever any might glean from my voluminous postings..I'm FAR from the most "rabid-evil-easthole"..and I've had it with the west's, self-ascribed, "INTEGRITY"-laden, childish antics and pure BS...PERIOD.

on the other is a bunch of pilots with a huge sense of entitlement.

East entitlement. How dare we think we should be entitled to our seats, in our bases, and our aircraft! You know, the captain seats that we have already occupied before. How dare us!

I didn't get it the first three thousand times, tell me again why the west is entitled to those things?

"In the case of US Airways and America West, despite their labor troubles, the combination did generate higher revenues and probably saved US Airways from liquidation,"
The arbitrator of the US Airways america west dispatch union totally disagrees with nicolau.

This is the crotch of the dichotomy of the situation that US Airways finds itself in. Who is the arbitrator that made the wrong decision.

Answer, the eye of the beholder.

Click here for Richard I Bloch decision

The arbitrator of the US Airways america west dispatch union totally disagrees with nicolau.

This is the crotch of the dichotomy of the situation that US Airways finds itself in. Who is the arbitrator that made the wrong decision.

Answer, the eye of the beholder.

Click here for Richard I Bloch decision

Pibrat : "East entitlement. How dare we think we should be entitled to our seats, in our bases, and our aircraft! You know, the captain seats that we have already occupied before. How dare us!" "I didn't get it the first three thousand times, tell me again why the west is entitled to those things?"

Hmm..(scratches head..contemplates at great length..finally has "The Nic Epihany!!") ..Wait!..I've finally gotten it now!!!. How could I have missed this clear truth for over an entire year!?...I've been so blind!!. The only "logical" explanation is obviously that all of the west pilots are truly, very, VERY "special" people!!!..just ask them!!..they'll tell you so!!!.....and ALL the other employee groups, coming together based on DOH..are completely WRONG!! :shock: You see!?..It's purely, and entirely,....just a matter of how "special" one truly is. It's finally clear to me now....sigh. ;)

Regardless: Time and events will work this mess out.

Pibrat : "East entitlement. How dare we think we should be entitled to our seats, in our bases, and our aircraft! You know, the captain seats that we have already occupied before. How dare us!"
"I didn't get it the first three thousand times, tell me again why the west is entitled to those things?"

Hmm..(scratches head..contemplates at great length..finally has "The Nic Epihany!!") ..Wait!..I've finally gotten it now!!!. How could I have missed this clear truth for over an entire year!?...I've been so blind!!. The only "logical" explanation is obviously that all of the west pilots are truly, very, VERY "special" people!!!..just ask them!!..they'll tell you so!!!.....and ALL the other employee groups, coming together based on DOH..are completely WRONG!! :shock: You see!?..It's purely, and entirely,....just a matter of how "special" one truly is. It's finally clear to me now....sigh. ;)

Regardless: Time and events will work this mess out.

Ah yes, something special in the air!

Ah yes, something special in the air!

Indeed..and clearly so sir :rolleyes: :lol: Let us be properly respectfull = It seems that one of theirs with only 3 month's service is fully "worth" one of our younger comrades with "merely" 18+ years...They MUST be awesome indeed..and they'll tell you so!! ;)

PS: I'm bored with this. My wager's always open (5 grand...same conditions as expressed long ago on the boards) for ANY AWA wonder to whup my antique, "easthole" arse aloft. C'mon westie-"warriors"..with all that "fire in their eyes"and "fight this war to the bloody end" BS.....I know that you must have at least a small handfull of "Ringers" out there..even within your fine group ;) Let's have a non-lethal grins event aloft ;) PM if interested...Seriously.

P My wager's always open (5 grand...same conditions as expressed long ago on the boards) for ANY AWA wonder to whup my antique, "easthole" arse aloft. C'mon westie-"wariiors"..with all that "fire in their eyes" BS.....I know that you must have at least a small handfull of "Ringers" out there..even within your fine group ;)

Have a good evening all ;)

Unfortunately we have moved from proving ourselves in the air to proving ourselves in the court of justice, political opinion and the goals of corporate greed.

Unfortunately we have moved from proving ourselves in the air to proving ourselves in the court of justice, political opinion and the goals of corporate greed.

More's the pity sir.

Personal agenda via such a wager? = I have the utmost, and fully proper, complete and utter contempt for all the pathetic, smarmy little AWA ferrets squirming about on these boards with the "fight this war to the bloody end" and "fire in their eyes" BS..BUT..it's statistically almost impossible that they don't have at least some actual aviators/warriors within their ranks..and I'd like to meet at least one of them...just to be able to have the least respect for "them" as a "pilot" group. Not to mention that it'd be good grins for all concerned ;)

PS: I'll grant that the ones I'd most be interested in meeting, would also have an initially, very severe reluctance to trivialize their skills via a wagered/fun/non-lethal=not "serious" -matchup...but..hey!..I'm not too hopelessly proud for such anymore..and it'd be fun, I'm thinking ;)

FYI:

Capt. Randy Helling Elected ALPA Vice-President–Finance
Capt. John Prater has released the following announcement:

“I am proud to announce the election and ratification of Capt. W. Randolph Helling (Northwest) as vice-president–finance/treasurer by the Association’s Executive Board and Board of Directors. Capt. Helling will oversee the general financial and fiscal administration of the union.
“Most recently, Capt. Helling served as my executive administrator. His election as vice-president follows the unfortunate departure of Capt. Chris Beebe, who was elected to that office twice. While Capt. Beebe made incredible and lasting contributions to our union, I know that Capt. Helling will conduct the business of his office following the tremendous example Chris set.

“A 22-year veteran of Northwest Airlines, Randy served as the Northwest MEC vice-chairman in 2006 and was secretary/treasurer and vice-chairman of the pilot group’s Detroit Local Council. He was also a member of the MEC’s Legislative, Strategic Planning, Training, Financial Review, and Professional Standards Committees. He began his flying career with Air Midwest in the early 1980s.

“Capt. Helling is the 40th officer to hold the national office of secretary, secretary/treasurer, or vice-president–finance/treasurer, since the Association’s birth in 1931. He is the third to hold the title of vice-president–finance/treasurer. He lives with his wife, Amy, in a suburb of St. Louis. They have four children.â€
Welcome back to the line CB.

FYI:
Welcome back to the line CB.

"While Capt. Beebe made incredible and lasting contributions to our union,.." Hey-Zuess!..I think I'm actually gonna' puke....My most recent memory of that worthless SOB's a comrade getting a "signed letter" from him..demanding a buncha' money, and threatening BS...all for the greater glory of Alpa. Heck!..I've gotten "signed BB grams" myself. I hope the little twerp finds himself a non-airline job...or otherwise, just falls into the nearest open sewer. I'd say what I think..but..I like to sugar-coat things a bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back