Amfa Fails To Get Election At Aa

Remember it was not only the twu but also the kompany that helped inflate the list.I say make em both suffer. You have screwed the mechanics for the last time AA. The PAIN IS COMING!!!!!!

Buck said:
It is the TWU that created the division twenty years ago.
No it is you that supports the division now....! Just admit to being wrong Buck, and come back into the light. It is ok Buck, I can forgive you...!

-----------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
No it is you that supports the division now....! Just admit to being wrong Buck, and come back into the light. It is ok Buck, I can forgive you...!

-----------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
How can it be me that supports the division when you condone the two tier pay scales?

I admit that you are wrong and it is the TWU that is the dark side.

Your forgiveness, you had better ask the OSM if he or she forgives you.

June 17, 2004

To AMFA Associate Members and supporters:

NMB AS ITS USUAL CONSISTENT COURSE DENIES AMFA AN ELECTION AT AA DUE TO INSUFFICIENT CARDS. – They did the same thing to us on NWA and UAL before we finally won those airlines. AMFA will appeal the NMB’s findings concerning the AA employee’s numbers.

We received the NMB’s ten-page report that constitutes the NMB’s ruling upon all objections and challenges to the lists of potential eligible voters.

We of course are dissatisfied with their rulings, and we are now going over their figures with legal counsel. We should have a full report in about a week where they found the numbers that disallowed AMFA an election. Our legal counsel and Terry Harvey, our Assistant National Director, will file an appeal by the June 30th deadline. This is in accordance with Section 10.0 of the NMB’s Representation Manual. Responses by AA and the TWU must be filed with the Board by Thursday, July 8, 2004, at 4PM, ET. We will publish our appeal to the NMB by the applicable date. A copy of our appeal will be sent to the AA stations.

As many of you will recall the NMB did the same thing to AMFA on NWA and UAL and we had to go back and resign cards again for an election before we were successful. We were not discouraged and came back to defeat the incumbent unions. We will do the same if our appeal is denied. After a negative appeal we will start collecting cards again for an election in the summer of 2005.

Please be advised that AMFA is not giving up and we do not want you to give up on us. Because of your support we plan to keep DFW and Tulsa offices open to start collecting cards if we receive a negative decision regarding our appeal. In order to keep the locals viable we request that more Associate Members sign up. As it has been proven, perseverance is the key to our success. The right to have an election is lost for the time being, but we will be back. We have waited for 42 years for an election on AA and another year wont hurt our quest to have one.

Sincerely,

O. V. Delle-Femine
National Director

Terry Harvey
NEC

Well it looks like Amfa is using the same tactics used at United, I suppose we can say that AA will follow the same as American Eagle. We are not the IAM we are the TWU. I can see Southwest starting a drive soon to replace Amfa and I also can see Amfa in Concession talks with United and NWA in the near future. The track record will be their downfall. The truth will prevail!!!!!!

Cheers, Have a Great TWU Day!!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
June 17, 2004

To AMFA Associate Members and supporters:

NMB AS ITS USUAL CONSISTENT COURSE DENIES AMFA AN ELECTION AT AA DUE TO INSUFFICIENT CARDS. – They did the same thing to us on NWA and UAL before we finally won those airlines. AMFA will appeal the NMB’s findings concerning the AA employee’s numbers.

We received the NMB’s ten-page report that constitutes the NMB’s ruling upon all objections and challenges to the lists of potential eligible voters.

We of course are dissatisfied with their rulings, and we are now going over their figures with legal counsel. We should have a full report in about a week where they found the numbers that disallowed AMFA an election. Our legal counsel and Terry Harvey, our Assistant National Director, will file an appeal by the June 30th deadline. This is in accordance with Section 10.0 of the NMB’s Representation Manual. Responses by AA and the TWU must be filed with the Board by Thursday, July 8, 2004, at 4PM, ET. We will publish our appeal to the NMB by the applicable date. A copy of our appeal will be sent to the AA stations.

As many of you will recall the NMB did the same thing to AMFA on NWA and UAL and we had to go back and resign cards again for an election before we were successful. We were not discouraged and came back to defeat the incumbent unions. We will do the same if our appeal is denied. After a negative appeal we will start collecting cards again for an election in the summer of 2005.

Please be advised that AMFA is not giving up and we do not want you to give up on us. Because of your support we plan to keep DFW and Tulsa offices open to start collecting cards if we receive a negative decision regarding our appeal. In order to keep the locals viable we request that more Associate Members sign up. As it has been proven, perseverance is the key to our success. The right to have an election is lost for the time being, but we will be back. We have waited for 42 years for an election on AA and another year wont hurt our quest to have one.

Sincerely,

O. V. Delle-Femine
National Director

Terry Harvey
NEC

Well it looks like Amfa is using the same tactics used at United, I suppose we can say that AA will follow the same as American Eagle. We are not the IAM we are the TWU. I can see Southwest starting a drive soon to replace Amfa and I also can see Amfa in Concession talks with United and NWA in the near future. The track record will be their downfall. The truth will prevail!!!!!!

Cheers, Have a Great TWU Day!!!!!!!
How the hell do you know what happened at UAL? Were you there? Have another free doughnut down at the hall, cio. UAL was ultimately AMFA successful. Myself, I would rather have the iam than the twu. The twu has brought the worst contracts in this industry for 20 YEARS!!!! The rest of the airlines mechanics BLAME AA/twu for the situation they are now in!!!! Concessions ring a bell?

I know a few SWA guys, and your predictions are WAAAAAAAAAY off, as usual cio. SWA AMT's are very happy with AMFA, not perfect of course, but much better than the IBT. SWA will soon be the highest paid mechanics, at around $43@hr. Is SWA gonna start a card drive for the twu????? If you think so cio, you need a white jacket with the cool straps on it so you don't hurt yourself. Flameproof of course.

You should think about the twu's track record cio. Yes, that twu "TRUTH" will prevail.

WHEN IS THAT twu CARD DRIVE cio???? Never is right.

How about we just give peace a chance for a while, don't you guys ever get tired of fighting ?

Chill out, relax, be happy for a while, enjoy your families.

I will cyber shake your hand TWUer.
I'm not holding any grudges, we all did what we had to do in this battle, maybe we can agree to disagree and move on towards getting a good contract in 2009 :up:

I for one am glad this particular battle is over at least for now. :up:

It sure would be nice if everyone could be more positive for a while. :up:

Raptor, Their are a lot of emotions floating around. It will take a few weeks for it all to settle in. In my area we have already discussed this issue and many have indicated they gave amfa their last oppurtunity and will work to improve the TWU. The contract talks will be looked at in 2006. The TWU convention is coming up next year. And we have excess hanger space that needs to be filled. Together we can improve all 3 areas.

Checking it Out said:
Raptor, Their are a lot of emotions floating around. It will take a few weeks for it all to settle in. In my area we have already discussed this issue and many have indicated they gave amfa their last oppurtunity and will work to improve the TWU. The contract talks will be looked at in 2006. The TWU convention is coming up next year. And we have excess hanger space that needs to be filled. Together we can improve all 3 areas.
This will never end until there is a Democratic vote of the membership!!! I have shown a few twu advocates the findings of the NMB and will sign cards on the next drive. Peace, will only come when the membership has had their say, that is all there is to it. Squelching their freedom of choice will only provoke a more powerful drive than the last.

The AFL-CIO Gayly Oklahoman has also provoked more members that are ready to sign cards if AMFA does not win the appeal!
the Gayly Oklahoman

I have no doubt that some will never give up but I'm betting that many on both sides will take a break from the battle for a while ;)
I know I am, I will give the TWU till 2009 to make some positive changes in our contract if it does not happen then, I will once again join the uphill battle to change Unions.
until then I will join hands with all and sing coombyah :lol:
with the company's new enforcement of rule 32 now would be a good time to take a break for a while I think. <_< the company is looking to lose heads so many people have lost their jobs lately on rule 32 and the arbitrations have also gone the company's way.

Just something for the fighters to think about. :(

Raptor said:
I have no doubt that some will never give up but I'm betting that many on both sides will take a break from the battle for a while ;)
I know I am, I will give the TWU till 2009 to make some positive changes in our contract if it does not happen then, I will once again join the uphill battle to change Unions.
until then I will join hands with all and sing coombyah :lol:
with the company's new enforcement of rule 32 now would be a good time to take a break for a while I think. <_< the company is looking to lose heads so many people have lost their jobs lately on rule 32 and the arbitrations have also gone the company's way.

Just something for the fighters to think about. :(
No Raptor, your the only one I have heard that's giving up the right to fight. Everyone else I know personally is ready to go to round two. Incensed to say the least. Driven more than ever to continue the fight.

If you think the twu is going to fight for mechanics in 2009 you need to let cio have his CRACK PIPE back. All of the AMFA organizers sacrificed much during this card drive, some more than others. Why do you want to give up now?

Here is something for you to think about Raptor; If the NMB appeal fails, don't come back to the AMFA fighters next year and say you were on our side when AMFA files again. We won't hear you.

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!

Hackman said:
No Raptor, your the only one I have heard that's giving up the right to fight. Everyone else I know personally is ready to go to round two. Incensed to say the least. Driven more than ever to continue the fight.

If you think the twu is going to fight for mechanics in 2009 you need to let cio have his CRACK PIPE back. All of the AMFA organizers sacrificed much during this card drive, some more than others. Why do you want to give up now?

Here is something for you to think about Raptor; If the NMB appeal fails, don't come back to the AMFA fighters next year and say you were on our side when AMFA files again. We won't hear you.

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!
Ok fair enough Hackman, yes many have given alot to this drive, I know I have but the way I look at it in 2009 I will have 22 years with AA instead of 17 1/2 so if I get fired for being an AMFA organizer then my pension will be much higher when I can actually draw it, plus this drive has taken alot out of me and I really need the break, in 2009 I will be fresh and well rested ;) for another fight hopefully you will still be employed and as gung ho then as you are now and we can break out our cash and our time and give it another go. ;)

Have a Great day Hackman :D

Raptor said:
Ok fair enough Hackman, yes many have given alot to this drive, I know I have but the way I look at it in 2009 I will have 22 years with AA instead of 17 1/2 so if I get fired for being an AMFA organizer then my pension will be much higher when I can actually draw it, plus this drive has taken alot out of me and I really need the break, in 2009 I will be fresh and well rested ;) for another fight hopefully you will still be employed and as gung ho then as you are now and we can break out our cash and our time and give it another go. ;)

Have a Great day Hackman :D
If we stay with the TWU what makes you think we will have a pension?

What makes you think it will be "a lot higher". Your wages will barely increase and more than likely your best earnings years will be way way behind you. Only 7% of the 17.5 % pay cut will be restored, and inflation will have consumed all of that and then some. In 2009 you will be poorer than you are now due to the erosion of your real pay.

Didnt the TWU talk the Pan Am guys into allowing the company to use pension funds to "save their jobs"? Dont forget that the same crooks that were around then, Kerrigan and Bakala, were from Pan AM and are still around today.

Dont you find it strange that the deferral for funding the pension expires around the same time as "openers"?

"Here it is guys, we can get you a raise, plus your holidays, vacation and sick accrual back but its going to cost you your pension".

If you have been here for 17 years then you know better than to believe the "We will get em next time" BS. You cant be fired for rule 32 for filling out a card.

Bob Owens said:
If we stay with the TWU what makes you think we will have a pension?

What makes you think it will be "a lot higher". Your wages will barely increase and more than likely your best earnings years will be way way behind you. Only 7% of the 17.5 % pay cut will be restored, and inflation will have consumed all of that and then some. In 2009 you will be poorer than you are now due to the erosion of your real pay.

Didnt the TWU talk the Pan Am guys into allowing the company to use pension funds to "save their jobs"? Dont forget that the same crooks that were around then, Kerrigan and Bakala, were from Pan AM and are still around today.

Dont you find it strange that the deferral for funding the pension expires around the same time as "openers"?

"Here it is guys, we can get you a raise, plus your holidays, vacation and sick accrual back but its going to cost you your pension".

If you have been here for 17 years then you know better than to believe the "We will get em next time" BS. You cant be fired for rule 32 for filling out a card.
Bob the TWU is not all bad we did have an industry leading contract in 2001 so the TWU has proven that they can do it with the right people in charge and support of the membership, there is of course a chance that we will not get a good contract in 2009 but there is also a chance that we will if we put the right people in charge and stick together, is it hard to get anywhere with the TWU ? sure it is but I think it might be able to be done.
AMFA could not get us anything until 2009 anymore than the TWU can.

you can not be fired on Rule 32 for filling out a card but many of us know from this last drive that in order to get to a vote it takes a hell of alot more than just filling out a card, as you know AMFA does not contribute any money to a drive until it reaches 50% so it takes alot of Organizers own money and alot of time at work and off of work trying to get apathetic people to sign a card, and that is where rule 32 comes into place, the company can and will limit what you can and can't do on AA's property and if one is not real carefull one can easily be fired, many people are unemployed over Rule 32 right now, you personally know some of them :(
and the Arbitrations are going the company's way ( I do not know that has anything to do with the TWU ) I do not know how deep your pockets are Bob but mine are not deep enough to help fund another drive at this time also I think that last year was a good time for a drive but this year will not be nearly as favorable, but by all means Bob if you have alot of money and time knock yourself out and good luck.
In order for success I believe one must pick the right time to battle, last year was perfect but this year probably not ;)
Regardless of what side one is on if we do not come together by 2009 we will not get a good contract and that is a fact. :(

Back