Bus Peolple Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cry me a river. 14 hr days are not uncommon in many other 'service' industries, yet those people don't have the look on their faces like they just ate a dozen lemons.

1. We are on our feet all day.

2. Many times we don't have time to eat. Then we have to make time which means we jump off the plane, grab something, come back, get yelled at by the agent because they are ready to board, then eat while you are boarding because you have no choice. Try smiling when you are so hungry that you are shaking and you have a killer headache. Even when I pack my own food from home, I run out or I don't always have time to sit down and eat enough to satisfy me.

3. Try smiling at the end of a 14 hour day when there is constant negativity and complaining around you, especially when it is directed toward you.

4. How do you feel when you have been working 14 hour days for the last 2-3 days (or more) with only 4 hours of sleep because of minimum overnights.

5. Try smiling when you are worried about being displaced or furloughed or losing money from another pay cut.

I smile as much as I can but even tough and long days can get the best of me.

1. We are on our feet all day.
2. Many times we don't have time to eat ... ... ...
3. ... ... ... 14 hour day ... ... ...constant negativity and complaining around you
4. ... ... ... working 14 hour days for the last 2-3 days (or more) with only 4 hours of sleep ... ... ...
5. ... ... ... worried about being displaced or furloughed or losing money

So many negatives. Why not get a better/easier/less stressful job ("career")?

I smile as much as I can but even tough and long days can get the best of me.

I don't expect too much in terms of service from FA's. At the same time I don't expect to be sneered at when boarding, asking a question, or asking for another drink. Granted that not all customers are angels, unfortunately taking out your frustrations on the customers or showing your apathy seems to be the norm these days. And it's not just on US Airways.

Cry me a river. 14 hr days are not uncommon in many other 'service' industries, yet those people don't have the look on their faces like they just ate a dozen lemons.

sky high states: NO, IT'S YOU THAT'S BEEN CRYING....
waaaahhhh, I want a passenger bill of rights. :lol:

Bother way, I'm HUMAN. And, I think it's rather UN-NATURAL to SMILE for 14 hours, dont you?...... NO?
TRY IT, tomorrow, say, begin at 7am and go til, 9PM. Now, try that EVERY WEEK.

<fake smile>

only stating opinions

I don't expect too much in terms of service from FA's.

sky high states:
"WE" give "YOU", what they--> "MANAGEMENT" give "US".

THEY DETERMINE, "SERVICE"

only stating opinions

So many negatives. Why not get a better/easier/less stressful job ("career")?

I don't expect too much in terms of service from FA's. At the same time I don't expect to be sneered at when boarding, asking a question, or asking for another drink. Granted that not all customers are angels, unfortunately taking out your frustrations on the customers or showing your apathy seems to be the norm these days. And it's not just on US Airways.

Well, you don't know me but I don't do those things. I am friendly and professional to our passengers. I often get compliments because I do smile and provide great service. I am also easygoing and get along with the majority of the flight attendants.

As far as getting an easier, less stressful job - When I was furloughed for 4.5 years I worked a very stressful yet rewarding career which I loved and was very passionate about. However, I was burned out and needed a break. I was at a weak moment when I decided to return to US Airways. Try working all day, then going to meetings and taking night classes and getting your real estate brokers license on weekends all at the same time. Since I couldn't get all my work done during the day because of meetings, I spent many nights on lesson plans for 5 different class levels, grading papers, working on school work, planning for school programs, studying, etc. I am here now because this is an easy job with a lot of free time which allows me to work on some businesses of my own and I have time to pursue other interests whereas I didn't have that time before. I haven't quit my former career forever, but since I am young, single, and love to travel I have decided to do this for a while and take advantage of the low stress and free travel. When I am ready to settle back down and work a regular 8-5 job with a set schedule I will quit US Airways.

I have said this many times on this message board but a lot of us who come here to vent are NOT the ones with frowns on our faces at work. I vent here, not on the plane to passengers. I smile as I answer passenger's questions, smile as I get them water when they come to the galley and ask for it or bring them a coffee even though our service has ended, greet each person as they come on the plane and tell them all goodbye, answer call bells, and give out pillows and blankets without complaining, frowning or berating them.

I just want you all to know where many flight attendants are coming from when we're not in a good mood. Sometimes the long hours or stressful events bring even the best flight attendants down. Also, those f/as who are rude to passengers are also rude to the crewmembers so we suffer too.

Gosh, if life as a FA is so difficult, then quit, go get a degree and work at what you want to do. If wanting to be a FA is what you want to do, then great, you got it, but quit your whining.

Sorry you have to stand all day, sorry passengers are crass and scary looking, sorry that hotels suck, etc....

You chose this job, if you aren't happy and still want to do it, then its your problem.

Gosh, if life as a FA is so difficult, then quit, go get a degree and work at what you want to do. If wanting to be a FA is what you want to do, then great, you got it, but quit your whining.

Sorry you have to stand all day, sorry passengers are crass and scary looking, sorry that hotels suck, etc....

You chose this job, if you aren't happy and still want to do it, then its your problem.

sky high states: Love your compassion level, there, HP. Same goes for passengers THEN, STOP whining over ATC delays, NO FOOD, lack of legroom, your seat neighbor, No upgrades..........if flying is soo difficult, then DRIVE.

THAT SOLVES EVERYTHING, right? Or is that just your way of thinking??????
:down:

only stating opinions

Being a Flight Attendant is a rather challenging profession especially when we have to deal with crass, insensitive morons.
No one was whining. They were trying explain how hard it is.
That seemed to fly over your head.
Yes, we chose this profession and we deserve a little respect.
Oh, and by the way, what makes you think we don't have degrees?
Your remarks are truly insulting. :down:

I already have my BA degree thank you very much! Actually I have two degrees. Many f/as have college degrees. Why don't you quit your whining! A flight attendant must have really hurt your feelings for you to have this much disdain towards us!

Interesting thread.

I at least TRY to look like maybe I paid for the ticket. Shirt with collar, slacks with the shirt tucked in I might add and a nice pair of Johnston & Murphy loafers. Nothing great but respectable. I don't think that is to much to ask.

Trying masquerade as a non-rev again, are we? :lol: I don't know about US, but at AA, f/as are still required to dress in "First Class" attire, if we want to keep open the option of riding the jumpseat on a full flight. No jeans, no sneakers, no T-shirts, etc.

What made you all so high and mighty? These people are our customers, and THEY PAY YOUR SALARY!
If you want to get into a discussion of the decline of the American public, then do it in a way that is non-discriminating, please.
Our passengers, whomever they are, are the ones that are responsible for ALL OF US HAVING A JOB!
Your comments here, as well as pictures, are NOT APPRECIATED!

What made you all so high and mighty? These people are our customers, and THEY PAY YOUR SALARY!
If you want to get into a discussion of the decline of the American public, then do it in a way that is non-discriminating, please.
Our passengers, whomever they are, are the ones that are responsible for ALL OF US HAVING A JOB!
Your comments here, as well as pictures, are NOT APPRECIATED!
You better hurry, Wal-Mart is having a sale on for the next two hours! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts