Bus Peolple Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many negatives. Why not get a better/easier/less stressful job ("career")?

I don't expect too much in terms of service from FA's. At the same time I don't expect to be sneered at when boarding, asking a question, or asking for another drink. Granted that not all customers are angels, unfortunately taking out your frustrations on the customers or showing your apathy seems to be the norm these days. And it's not just on US Airways.

You're right. How can F/A's provide decent customer service when they don't even have a handle on decent common corteousy. And it isn't just a USAir issue (although they do seem to elevate the concept of "passengers are the enemy" to an art form.) Like you said,all airlines are guilty of this

sky high states: Love your compassion level, there, HP. Same goes for passengers THEN, STOP whining over ATC delays, NO FOOD, lack of legroom, your seat neighbor, No upgrades..........if flying is soo difficult, then DRIVE.

THAT SOLVES EVERYTHING, right? Or is that just your way of thinking??????
:down:
only stating opinions

Now I get it ... You want to be coddled!! Sorry ,that's not how it works in the real world. It's a dog-eat dog world out there (and I'm stuck wearing Milk Bone underwear!! ;) )

Research studies in evolution and human behavior have determined that attractiveness is key. Even babies have an innate preference for attractive and symmetrical faces. NIH

IMHO that does not mean that a well dressed charming person cannot compete successfully with beauty in the business world.

Statistics and research can be quoted left and right, it does not mean that US should only have beautiful flight attendants to be successful.

About 25% of the people I have worked with since I have returned do not care about their apperance and act as if the customer is a PITA, and fail to provide the service according to the guidelines (Not that we have much of a service left).

The airline is creating schedules that guarentee people will miss their flight if a cloud appears near PHL. The airline is filling every seat possible so that when customers miss their flight they may have to wait around a few days to get on the next one. The company does not clean the planes. The company insists on having as many seats as possible on the plane so that the PAX are uncomfortable, blah blah blah...

Doesn't matter if you are the most beautiful person in the world, the customer will only over look so much to just be near you.

Take care of the work force, clean the dang planes, and give us a good product and maybe you will see the customer service people start to care again. Then US will stand a chance to be successful.

redneck_race_fan.jpgIm pretty sure I saw this guy in the airport the other day on his way to a NECKCAR Race!

It isn't up to your customers to conform to your high standards.
If you are a professional, you treat all people as you would like to be treated.
Making fun of the very people that pay your salary is the utmost in unprofessionalism.
Period.

The trailer parks were empty in PHL today. They were all on US Airways flights.

It is not just the flight attendants who appear less than fresh. I know the ticket agents, counter agents and baggage people don't look so great themselves. And it is not really a matter of the aging USAir populace in general. But the uniforms could use an update, and the general sour appearance and attitude of the workers is the main issue here. I would say the bus people are assisting the bus people. Sorry but it's true.

Great! Our planes were full again, then! Full planes=profits! Profits=paychecks! Get it?
It is great, but why is it that the only ones benefiting from the profits are the execs? USAIRWAYS is the worst run airline in the industry and the stats prove it and whose fault is that, the decesion makers at the top thats who and you know what is even more tragic is they are the ones getting raises and bonuses. Like I have said before laying people off and cutting wages is easy that helps the bottom line immediatly, so far this management team hasn't done a very good job at anything as it relates to customers and employees and the way it looks so far they don't know what it takes to run an airline!

sky high states: Love your compassion level, there, HP. Same goes for passengers THEN, STOP whining over ATC delays, NO FOOD, lack of legroom, your seat neighbor, No upgrades..........if flying is soo difficult, then DRIVE.

THAT SOLVES EVERYTHING, right? Or is that just your way of thinking??????
:down:
only stating opinions
NO......NO.....HP....don't DRIVE come see us.........All our seats are First Class.....

http://www.southwest.com/

Interesting thread.

I at least TRY to look like maybe I paid for the ticket. Shirt with collar, slacks with the shirt tucked in I might add and a nice pair of Johnston & Murphy loafers. Nothing great but respectable. I don't think that is to much to ask.

I mean c'mon just because the company makes First Class a flying Trailer Park do we have to look we live in one????

I just non-reved back from BUF and sitting in the first row of FC is a guy with nasty sandels, shorts and he has his nasty a$$ feet propped up on the bulkhead. Granted he may have paid FC fare, but he sure as hell did not act or look like it....

It's not just the customers. You got to love the impression the customers get seeing the line of US and Express ground crew at PHL waiting to cash their checks by the moving sidewalks going to "A" concouse. Shirts untucked, caps backwards, gold jewelery dangling, pants down to the knees. I sure the customer is thinking great "gangsta's" are servicing the plane.

It's not just the customers. You got to love the impression the customers get seeing the line of US and Express ground crew at PHL waiting to cash their checks by the moving sidewalks going to "A" concouse. Shirts untucked, caps backwards, gold jewelery dangling, pants down to the knees. I sure the customer is thinking great "gangsta's" are servicing the plane.

They are :(

A person gets their "first impressions" within the first couple of seconds of seeing and hearing someone. So it is little wonder the passengers first impression of us is that we are also trailer trash. We have no standards for appearance or deportment(behavior) while in the airport. The ghetto/gangsta mentality rules. Loud, boisterous behavior etc. Until this changes you can bet neither will the behavior of our passengers. Like it or not , Impressions of Excellence at least gave us some standards to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back