Bus Peolple Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you hate your job that much then quit. They don´t pay you that well to begin with and the travel benefits aren´t that great.

If the government ever gets a universal health care plan for everyone in this country, I think you will see a mass exodus from a lot of these jobs. I don't think anyone hangs around for the flight benefits anymore. We're all well aware that this benefit is all but useless in practice. But walking away from full medical/dental/hospital/prescription care at our age is just something we can't do easily.

Fix the health care situation in the U.S., and you can color me gone.

If the government ever gets a universal health care plan for everyone in this country, I think you will see a mass exodus from a lot of these jobs. I don't think anyone hangs around for the flight benefits anymore. We're all well aware that this benefit is all but useless in practice. But walking away from full medical/dental/hospital/prescription care at our age is just something we can't do easily.

Very well said +1

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

It isn't up to your customers to conform to your high standards.
If you are a professional, you treat all people as you would like to be treated.
Making fun of the very people that pay your salary is the utmost in unprofessionalism.
Period.

If the government ever gets a universal health care plan for everyone in this country, I think you will see a mass exodus from a lot of these jobs.

Universal healthcare sounds nice but remember it is not free. Someone has to pay for it.

I know, this is not a subject for this thread.

I have about had it discussing the arbitration award...it will be settled in court before it is all said and done...so I thought I would bring up the subject of our pax.

I was commenting the other day on how some of the ultra-lccs(SkyBus) pax wear, not just "wife beater" shirts, but dirty "wife beater" shirts and wola', I see customers with dirty T-shirts and black plastic bags (for luggage) on our flights. And what is with people walking on the wrong side of the jamned packed concourses? And sitting in the floor? I now see very few suits in our concourses, mostly low yield once-in-a-life-time travelers. Is this what it has come to? The planes stink, our customers stink and now I stink. :p

Comments anyone?

Considering the filthy aircraft, broken and worn cabin items, smelly and backed up toilets and the ever present and growing probability that I will have to exit the aircraft in an undignified manner, I would wear throw-away clothes, also.

Vouchers don't exactly pay enough to repair expensive clothes or nice luggage.

In fact it's ONE of the reasons that many large companies are scaling back "Business Casual" and going back to more traditional dress.
That in itself reflects more on the style of dress on airliners than the fare. We moved away from business attire at work...have been for several years. And you still have to send out memo's stating that "business casual" doesn't include Harley t-shirts unless you're working at a Harley dealership. People who abused "business casual" will also feel that since what they wear at work are "work clothes", then leisure clothes take on a whole new meaning. Bottom line...it's society in general, not the fare paid, that is reflected in the dress of some passengers.

To the person who said we need young, beautiful flight attendants and a sexy airline: We are not onboard to "please" passengers. If you Pigs want a sexy airline, then why don't you charter a flight and invite some hookers or strippers to accompany you. Also, if sex sells on airlines, then why did Hooters Air cease their operations? Huh? Answer that for me!

That´s easy. Hooters failed because they had a horrible business plan and a terrible route structure. Also I´m not talking about hiring strippers or trailer trash girls.

Fly on ANY other airline in the world which isn´t based in the US and you will notice that in general the majority of the FA´s are dressed fashionable and usually are quite beautiful. That is a fact. Go hang out in at an airport in London, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Rio De Janiero, Prague, etc.......

Regardless of whether you like it or not a youthful, bright, sexy cabin crew attracts business travellers. Why do you think Business travellers would rather fly Singapore or Cathay to Asia than UAL? Or Vigin to europe over AAA? If the price is the same then foreign carriers beat us hands down.

Go to a fancy restaurant or Hotel. Generally the staff is 10 times more presentable than anything you would find on a US airways plane? As for the we´re not here for service we´re here for safety line....that argument has been worn out. I would much rather take my chances with a twenty two year old with 6 months of seniority being responsible for opening the emergency exit during an accident than some 70 year old lady whose been in the bizz for 40 years. So would everybody else.

What i´m getting at without trying to insult you, just being honest, is that our cabin crews look more like a cross section of WalMart employees than say your average W Hotel employee. I think we would do much better business as an airline if HR started hiring the modern, attractive look that you see in employees from say the W Hotel or Nordstroms, etc......

What i´m getting at without trying to insult you, just being honest, is that our cabin crews look more like a cross section of WalMart employees than say your average W Hotel employee.
Are you beautiful Barber? You must be down right gorgeous! You know...if you were, all of the F/As would be grinning from ear-to-ear in your presence!

Are you beautiful Barber? You must be down right gorgeous! You know...if you were, all of the F/As would be grinning from ear-to-ear in your presence!

:lol:

Nine times out of ten the fellas bagging on the ladies looks are sporting pot bellies and hairy backs,ears,noses, etc.

:lol:
Nine times out of ten the fellas bagging on the ladies looks are sporting pot bellies and hairy backs,ears,noses, etc.
Maybe this is why...Barberpole states,

"I am constantly amazed by how many Fa´s i see with permanent scowls chizeled into their faces and how utterly unfriendly they are to the pax."

The F/As I see smile and joke around a lot!

As for the we´re not here for service we´re here for safety line....that argument has been worn out. I would much rather take my chances with a twenty two year old with 6 months of seniority being responsible for opening the emergency exit during an accident than some 70 year old lady whose been in the bizz for 40 years. So would everybody else.

sky high states: Sheesh, I guess Uli Derickson from TWA 847 could refute your IGNORANT statement, now couldnt she?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uli_Derickson

Only stating opinions

I disagree with the looks comment. Apperance (dress), I totally agree. Attitude, I totally agree.

IMHO A well dressed charming person can win my business hands down over a gorgeous person, but then I am not a guy. =)

I disagree with the looks comment. Apperance (dress), I totally agree. Attitude, I totally agree.

IMHO A well dressed charming person can win my business hands down over a gorgeous person, but then I am not a guy. =)
Research studies in evolution and human behavior have determined that attractiveness is key. Even babies have an innate preference for attractive and symmetrical faces. NIH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back