Cancelations 6/1

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
After three or four days of mainline cancellations being in the low single digits, there are two pages of canceled mainline flights in DECS, many of them "crew". Shuttle flights seem especially hard hit. Was ist los?

After three or four days of mainline cancellations being in the low single digits, there are two pages of canceled mainline flights in DECS, many of them "crew". Shuttle flights seem especially hard hit. Was ist los?

Under-staffed? don't know what that is en deutsch.

Is it that with all the bid vacancies going into effect, a bunch of pilots were able to bid out of LGA this month? Obviously they are way behind in training and started recalls at least a year late.

Is it that with all the bid vacancies going into effect, a bunch of pilots were able to bid out of LGA this month? Obviously they are way behind in training and started recalls at least a year late.
Have you watched the latest crew news session from CLT? You should, it's pretty good for a laugh. Ed explains all about POTAs and dir of training explains that the training pipeline is full and all those pilots came off the line-wow! How would of thunk it! Off the line, I thought the training fairy made them.

On Friday 6/1, there were 36 cancellations out of approx 1,000 mainline flights. The flights that did go had a whopping 64% on time arrival rate.

As of 7:40 AM on Saturday 6/2, 8 out of 82 departures have been cancelled.

Today, as of 9AM ET, 9 out of about 160 canceled. Of those canceled departures, 3 in PHL, 3 in BOS, 1 at LGA... the canceled arrivals, 3 for CLT, 1 each for PHL, BOS and LGA.

Why don't they just POTA? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, the union should make sure that the number of POTA tirps is logged, because when the lousy mngmnt tries to sue the pilots for being sick, you will need to be able to show how the airline schedule is failing because it is woefully understaffed. Every FO position is being flexed this month and most captains too.:down:

They should have started recalls a year ago just to cover the schedule.

Why don't they just POTA? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, the union should make sure that the number of POTA tirps is logged, because when the lousy mngmnt tries to sue the pilots for being sick, you will need to be able to show how the airline schedule is failing because it is woefully understaffed. Every FO position is being flexed this month and most captains too.:down:

They should have started recalls a year ago just to cover the schedule.

But hey, that might have had an affect on the Nicalou award. And you know, a principled Merger policy like ALPA has leaves nothing to be swayed by Mgmt practices or lawyers and 10-k filings. :rolleyes: ALPA just loves to be steamrolled by this industry and airline management again and again. It's kind of sad that a Jetblue or Airtran now pay better than the legacies. It just goes to show that 50+ years of existence and 50, 60, or 70 years of ALPA representation is the only way to higher salaries. What a joke and they still don't get it. It's just an amalgamation of groups starving from the now picked clean carcass of regulation and the coat tails Behnke and group. The only solidarity is the group of airlines who can work together to modify the constitution and policies for the politics du jour. In the not to distant future a group that will be dominated bu the pilots and the jobs they allowed to be scoped out and failed to represent above poverty wages. If US breaks away, it will likely be the beginning of the end for ALPA and a 2 year old has enough intuition to have seen this a coming.

Today, as of 9AM ET, 9 out of about 160 canceled. Of those canceled departures, 3 in PHL, 3 in BOS, 1 at LGA... the canceled arrivals, 3 for CLT, 1 each for PHL, BOS and LGA.
Could it be that there were T-Storms in the area friday? I know where I live we had a storm cell over us about 4 hours, and on thursday we got 2 inches of rain in 1/2 hour. I hate T-Storms, I lose signal on my Direct TV.

Could it be that there were T-Storms in the area friday? I know where I live we had a storm cell over us about 4 hours, and on thursday we got 2 inches of rain in 1/2 hour. I hate T-Storms, I lose signal on my Direct TV.

Could have been the storms. But that would have been quite a coincidence since the flights to be affected had been floating around the internet since Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back