Check out my reserve flight attendant blog...

I know it's ruff... No one on our property is saying it isn't. You just need to look at the bigger picture than just yourself...

How long were you on reserve? Have you ever been on reserve with this system?

See, it is the "blockholders" with attitudes like your's as to why we (reserves) are beaten down.

YOU look at the big picture and vote for rotating reserve.

Will YOU go on reserve every 4th month? I didn't think so.

YOU too need to look at the big picture not just "yourself."

How long were you on reserve? Have you ever been on reserve with this system?

See, it is the "blockholders" with attitudes like your's as to why we (reserves) are beaten down.

You look at the big picture and vote for rotating reserve.

Will you go on reserve every 4th month? I didn't think so.

You too need to look at the big picture not just "yourself."

CHOP! :up: :up: Twice your 100% right. Put your money where your mouth is people and lets put in Rotational Reserve.

I know West schedulers made it a practice to not use their late reserves unless absolutely necessary to protect the late night banks out of LAS.

What?

So, you are saying the schedulers are not following the contract?

I'd say there is part of your problem, you have employees trying to compensate for a bad contract by violating it.

How would anyone know (much less know what) to change it for the better if people keep compensating by ignoring or violating the contract.

Let it fail, big time. Then you will get your change. Just because they're violating the contract "works" for you a couple days of the month, the rest of the time you get stepped on. Make a decision and go with it. Make it fail or quit complaining.

Well, for one thing..future starts processing trips at 15:00.

Also, it gives the commuters more flexability getting in and out of base. If you go off call at 15:00, go home. Otherwise you'll sit in a hotel another day wasting what little money you have.

I don't know of many f/a's dancing the night away around here. Most f/a's have husbands/wives/significant others or ,child care issues, dogs, cats, sick parents to take care of, lawns to mow, etc. In other words, a life outside the airport. And you can't do the things that need doing if you're stuck in a hotel until midnight.

Also, I for one don't like getting jerked out of bed at 11:00pm and have my days off taken away.

Just my opinion.
Not true for commuters. I commuted for 9 years on rsv from clt to dca. 1500 stunk. If you got in off of a trip the night before you went off, you had to stay the night, then ask to get released in the morning. Most times, sched. said to wait until after noon. At that time the next flight wasn't until 1430. Wow, 30 min early. At least now, you can come in from a trip at 1600 and take the next flight home, without wasting a day off. You can also pick up a trip that leaves on the day you go on duty and fly up that morning. midnight is way better than 1500. An 18 year rsv sure knows that.

So, you are saying the schedulers are not following the contract?

There is overlap in the coverage by the call-out reserves. Also, they can call you out and have you report after you were scheduled to be released as long as they call before your release time. They actively try not to use the later reserves in case stuff happens late and they don't have reserves left. It is legal under the current contract.

Not true for commuters. I commuted for 9 years on rsv from clt to dca. 1500 stunk. If you got in off of a trip the night before you went off, you had to stay the night, then ask to get released in the morning. Most times, sched. said to wait until after noon. At that time the next flight wasn't until 1430. Wow, 30 min early. At least now, you can come in from a trip at 1600 and take the next flight home, without wasting a day off. You can also pick up a trip that leaves on the day you go on duty and fly up that morning. midnight is way better than 1500. An 18 year rsv sure knows that.

Yeah, I know it was awful trying to commute in and out Of DCA. Most of the trips were uncommutable either on the front or back end. I've never heard of that problem with f/a's trying to commute into or out of CLT to fly reserve.

Oh by the way, why would you commute to DCA from CLT if you were on reserve? I know I'm missing something here. Of course I'm assuming you live around here.(CLT)

:unsure:

Yeah, I know it was awful trying to commute in and out Of DCA. Most of the trips were uncommutable either on the front or back end. I've never heard of that problem with f/a's trying to commute into or out of CLT to fly reserve.

Oh by the way, why would you commute to DCA from CLT if you were on reserve? I know I'm missing something here. Of course I'm assuming you live around here.(CLT)

:unsure:
I could hold better rsv lins in dca, as opposed to being bottom feeder in clt, at the time. This was on the old system though, where I actually had, what is it they used to call it? Oh, that's right "senoirity". Slipped my mind, as I hadn't heard that term since Oct 2003.

There is overlap in the coverage by the call-out reserves. Also, they can call you out and have you report after you were scheduled to be released as long as they call before your release time. They actively try not to use the later reserves in case stuff happens late and they don't have reserves left. It is legal under the current contract.

Not saying it is "illegal". Simply saying that if the FA wants to, they might be able to extract extravagant paybacks, should they wish. Attempting to operate the system on "goodwill" only goes so far. I think we are in the "crash" phase.

It seems to me that it is skanky, in the way Ann slut Coulter is, though legal. No wonder the FA reserves are up in arms, a major cost to the operation, in my book.

Why would you not use the "later" reserves in case "stuff" happens late? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "later" reserves.

I'm not aware of "later reserves" in my contract.

Damn, did I miss out on another memo?

Why would you not use the "later" reserves in case "stuff" happens late? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "later" reserves.

I'm not aware of "later reserves" in my contract.

Damn, did I miss out on another memo?

West has Standby A, B and C. They overlap. They try and use A's and B's as much as possible so they preserve the Cs in case they have bad irregular ops later at night.

West has Standby A, B and C. They overlap. They try and use A's and B's as much as possible so they preserve the Cs in case they have bad irregular ops later at night.

I really don't understand this either. I guess it is the wording. Reserves should be used according to the contract and scheduling should not have to "try" and not use certain reserves.

It seems like our OPR. If their are overlapping OPRs they use the first group first regardless if there is a more junior in the second group. I am not sure if this is in our contract, but it has been the practice.

It seems like our OPR. If their are overlapping OPRs they use the first group first regardless if there is a more junior in the second group. I am not sure if this is in our contract, but it has been the practice.
The rule now is, If there are overlapping OPR's, trips are still offered in seniority order, regardless of with OPR you are on. So if there are senior f/a's on the second OPR shift and there is still a junior f/a on the earlier OPR, if noone on the second shift wanted it, the trip would go to the junior f/a, regadless of which OPR they were on. That actually changed a long time ago.

The rule now is, If there are overlapping OPR's, trips are still offered in seniority order, regardless of with OPR you are on. So if there are senior f/a's on the second OPR shift and there is still a junior f/a on the earlier OPR, if noone on the second shift wanted it, the trip would go to the junior f/a, regadless of which OPR they were on. That actually changed a long time ago.

Yah, being junior girl I get snagged this way. LOL.

Yah, being junior girl I get snagged this way. LOL.

The WEST schedulers with the "hot" reserves they throw darts, I think! They are supposed to use FAs by credit hour and days available. last week I had the highest number of hours, was middle in seniority and good for 3 days. There were several 3 day trips available (including 3 hawaii) they sent ME on a mid-con turn! There was another girl junior to me with no hours and good for only one more day there too! she didnt' get used at all. ;) :down:

Back