Congratulations NO voters - We have been RECESSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BCWYWF's frustration is understandable.

AFA is sending elines to the membership that seem to indicate that no one is giving them what they want yet a "New Pin" will make it happen?

I kid you not. A new pin. I doubt that the NMB and the company fear pin re-design right now, no matter how controversial it is. The angry ones will wear it, the discouraged ones will not. Which group do you think most flight attendants fall into as we near the end of the "year that we were supposed to achieve a new contract"? You know, the year right before the year we are going into a merger.

The most recent communications that cover the realities of Merger and Negotiations have been so convoluted and redundant (i.e. Remain focused of our Negotiations? What Negotiations? Contracts improve in steps and we have an opportunity to to achieve two steps of improvements in a short period of time? No S*$T and what period of time? Another 5 years?). Is the reality is that they are running into walls every way they turn and that they are panicking?

Not to mention an Holiday Greeting that all in Caps shouting at me about being wealthier in 2013. So Bad. Won't fool me with that carrot, it's too painful to consider that empty promise again.

AFA has bludgeoned me to numbness with the terms Unity, Solidarity, Trample, Red Hot and on and on ad nauseum while I pay my dues and have to consider it the worst return on investment that I make.

BCWYWF's repetitive opinions are a necessary counterpoint for me. AFA pounds at me without any clear information on what everyone is most concerned about and they ARE in charge of my fate. I like the dissenting voices on here because you don't get it any where else. AFA has taken control of all sites, both physical and digital, and this lonely place is the only place that dissent can exist.

If what AFA is sending out in elines is the end game strategy that the NMB wanted them to not talk about, it sure is weak.

Reactions: 1 person
BCWYWF's frustration is understandable.

AFA is sending elines to the membership that seem to indicate that no one is giving them what they want yet a "New Pin" will make it happen?

I kid you not. A new pin. I doubt that the NMB and the company fear pin re-design right now, no matter how controversial it is. The angry ones will wear it, the discouraged ones will not. Which group do you think most flight attendants fall into as we near the end of the "year that we were supposed to achieve a new contract"? You know, the year right before the year we are going into a merger.

The most recent communications that cover the realities of Merger and Negotiations have been so convoluted and redundant (i.e. Remain focused of our Negotiations? What Negotiations? Contracts improve in steps and we have an opportunity to to achieve two steps of improvements in a short period of time? No S*$T and what period of time? Another 5 years?). Is the reality is that they are running into walls every way they turn and that they are panicking?

Not to mention an Holiday Greeting that all in Caps shouting at me about being wealthier in 2013. So Bad. Won't fool me with that carrot, it's too painful to consider that empty promise again.

AFA has bludgeoned me to numbness with the terms Unity, Solidarity, Trample, Red Hot and on and on ad nauseum while I pay my dues and have to consider it the worst return on investment that I make.

BCWYWF's repetitive opinions are a necessary counterpoint for me. AFA pounds at me without any clear information on what everyone is most concerned about and they ARE in charge of my fate. I like the dissenting voices on here because you don't get it any where else. AFA has taken control of all sites, both physical and digital, and this lonely place is the only place that dissent can exist.

If what AFA is sending out in elines is the end game strategy that the NMB wanted them to not talk about, it sure is weak.

Really, I would love to see us back negotiating a realistic contract, however, a red pin???? Does anyone really believe that management really gives two hoots whether we all wear red, green, purple or blue pins???? I bet they are shaking in their boots now...scared!!!! Put our AFA union dues to better use than mailing us colored pins......

Reactions: 5 people
Oh yeah...a red pin. (roll eyes)

What dim-wit came up with that piece of grade school hockum?

AFA should be beating the pavement to get the APFA guys and gals to change over to AFA......
While LG and DP are having a hug feast...

Reactions: 3 people
My red pin cost me $5,500 and my household $11,000 SO FAR.

It seems like an awful lot to let CLT live in the past.

Hopefully CC will go to work for the pilots (where she truly belongs) after January.

CC needs to go.

How much did your red pin cost?

CC is the nut job crazy who thinks she is going to hold this merger hostage.

CC is holding the F/As hostage.

CC is responsible for not getting this work group an improved contract for at least another 2 years.

CC have gotten us RECESSED and left us at the mercy of APFA.

The pilots (who CC works for) have already seen where things are headed.

CC is an impediment to an improved contract (if it's not too late).

Thanks CC for NO improvement and a diminished position in a merger.

CC needs to go.

How much did your red pin cost SO FAR?

As it is the month of judgement on CC's leadership "skilz" (or lack there of) and CLT's self image, now would be a good time to recap her accomplishments.

1. Sabotaged TA1 with a recall a week before voting closed.

2. Sabotaged TA2 by telling people they would lose their jobs.

3. Installed her hand picked MECP (through no fault of his own he did his best) and produced nothing.

4. Installed her JNC choices and produced nothing.

5. PHX, DCA voted yes, PHL tied and then there was CLT.
CC is responsible.

6. CC is responsible for our being RECESSED.

7. CC has not produced a TA3.

CC can only say NO.

CC can not produce a positive result.

CC is a failure.

CC needs to go.

How much did your red pin cost SO FAR?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Are you listening CLT?

MM!

Reactions: 2 people
I heard that the reason CLT voted down TA2 was because they did not want PHX to have scope protection.

CLT has cost me thousands of dollars because some are stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does.

CC is responsible for us not having an improved contract.

CC needs to take her vindictive personal agenda out of our negotiating process.

CC needs to go.

How much did your red pin cost you?

Reactions: 2 people
BeCareful...judging from what is being said on the jumpseat, I think everyone finally understands the consequences of their "NO" vote. Everytime I hear someone complaining about needing a raise...I just have to laugh. As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water, blah blah blah.

Sadly, the ship has sailed. Now, we find ourselves in 2013 and living with same low wages. The f/as at US look like a bunch of fools. And what's worse...we find ourselves probably going to the merger table in a weak position and even our duty rigs are at risk of being lost because of the "me too" and new pilot rest requirements. I thought it couldn't get any worse...I was wrong.

My beautiful red pin has cost me aprox. $5500.00 fy '12.

I think it will be a while before anyone who voted "no" can give any definitve answers as to why they did not want a pay raise.

The lesson learned is sometimes you have to think for yourself. Time and time again I have seen f/as blindly go along with whatever is the most popular B/S at the time, only to regret it later. This is one of those times.

With that said, I hope you are wearing your red pin as am I. We are going to have to tow the line and play the Afa game. It is going to be the only way to save face because of the leadership debacle. And yes CC NEEDS TO GO!

Scott Haz.. running for SEC in CLT sure likes to throw out unsubstantiated statements but when called on their validity suggests that people talk to Cathy Clampit.

Another CLT loser.

Are you better off than you were 7 years ago?

How much did your red pin cost?

People are now running around saying "an announcement is going to made about a merger"...Are you kidding me??? We knew this was coming months ago as MGMT never kept it a secret and kept us informed along the way. Any one with half a brain knew this was a done deal. Why anyone chose to vote down TA2...we'd at least be in a position to start bargaining instead of starting from rock bottom like now, is beyond belief. Where these AFA so called leaders come from is beyond me. And these people who claim to know everything on "working peeps" are just disgruntled people that need to make career choices that suit their lives and make them happy. Don't like it leave!!!!! Nobody stopping you working peeps!!!

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts