Disappointed with TWU

That's the problem, Bob.
the TWU will be strutting like a proud peacock saying how they saved more jobs....

Sadly, those whose jobs may be saved will be YES votes...

That's the problem, Bob.
the TWU will be strutting like a proud peacock saying how they saved more jobs....

Sadly, those whose jobs may be saved will be YES votes...
Theres only one problem,their job WON"T BE SAVED.They will be kicked to the curb regardless.
Any AMT that votes this in is really committing SUICIDE!

Reactions: 1 person
If you think that jobs are being saved you are a fool! There is no language in this TA for the new airplanes to be worked on by AA mechanics. As our old aircraft go away so will jobs and put more profits in managements pocket. Everything needs to be in writing, if our pilots fly it we fix it. If we vote yes on this not only will this company cry poor after 4 years and not reopen, they will tell us you signed now live with it. We need to vote no on this contract and yes to AMFA.

Reactions: 3 people
Theres only one problem,their job WON"T BE SAVED.They will be kicked to the curb regardless.
Any AMT that votes this in is really committing SUICIDE!

I agree 100%
But that's may not be how many mechanics see it!
Many live only for the moment..not caring about the future!

What future? Here at AA? Why prolong the agony? Vote yes, buy a little more time and move on. It's clear to me there is no future here. The writing has been on the wall for years. What could any other union do for us now? Nada! Too late fellas, AMFA/AMP behind the curve here at AA again. Sorry to interupt the whining. Please continue.....

What future? Here at AA? Why prolong the agony? Vote yes, buy a little more time and move on. It's clear to me there is no future here. The writing has been on the wall for years. What could any other union do for us now? Nada! Too late fellas, AMFA/AMP behind the curve here at AA again. Sorry to interupt the whining. Please continue.....
When a Union does everything possible to stack the deck against the membership,ie. bringing in chairmen from stations
that are closing and on top of that their not even AMTs to get a roll call vote in their favor, its time for outright revolt!Maybe a lawsuite for INCOMPETENT REPRESENTATION !

I agree 100%
But that's may not be how many mechanics see it!
Many live only for the moment..not caring about the future!

IMHO, the future doesn't exist for the TULE base. I just can't see how new scarebus aircraft, probably to Dougie's specs and needing little maint. for a few years, would prolong the TUL base's viability for more than 2-4 years - the time it would take for some third party provider(s) to get enough hangar space built to perform maintenance. Tossing 600 aircraft onto the market wouldn't be a very friendly thing to do as that would raise costs for the other airlines doing their maint. outside. Until then, Tulsa and whatever in-house capacity is left will survive.

Other airlines trashed their maintenance operations in their BKs and lookie here - they're getting back into the business to one degree or another. Let the Centrepork accountants learn from their own mistakes (rather than those of others) - it should be a hoot for those remaining - kinda like two monkeys trying to screw the same football at the same time - get a visual.

Reactions: 2 people
They get a few c-checks during the year which overnight, one three day c-check and the s-checks range from five to six years.

I am not disappointed in the twu. They are not doing anything that they have not done for the last 30 years. The twu exists to take care of the upper echelon of the twu officers and their family & friends.

These are the same people that overspeed and anamoly worship.

At least with AMFA, you can fire the upper echelon if they start acting like the twu and the teamsters.

I am not disappointed in the twu. They are not doing anything that they have not done for the last 30 years. The twu exists to take care of the upper echelon of the twu officers and their family & friends.

These are the same people that overspeed and anamoly worship.

At least with AMFA, you can fire the upper echelon if they start acting like the twu and the teamsters.

Firing the upper echelon can theoretically be done with AMFA but it's not that easy when a vote is taken all airlines under AMFA vote so if some folks at one company aren't happy with someone that doesn't mean they can vote him out enough people in all the AMFA Airlines would have to be unhappy enough to vote him out, It's never easy to remove an International officer once there in before a new election & to my knowledge it's never been done at AMFA, I suspect it would be very hard to get a majority mad enough at ALL the Airlines at same time to throw someone out of office in the middle of his term.

I agree about Tulsa's Future Frank it's not going to be what it is now in my opinion in a few years when we have all new planes, anyone in their right mind would be making plans to get out as soon as they can realizing that.

Firing the upper echelon can theoretically be done with AMFA but it's not that easy when a vote is taken all airlines under AMFA vote so if some folks at one company aren't happy with someone that doesn't mean they can vote him out enough people in all the AMFA Airlines would have to be unhappy enough to vote him out, It's never easy to remove an International officer once there in before a new election & to my knowledge it's never been done at AMFA, I suspect it would be very hard to get a majority mad enough at ALL the Airlines at same time to throw someone out of office in the middle of his term.

"... Aye, therein lies the rub, ..." - Hamlet

Many will never learn the lesson - it doesn't matter whose name is over the door, the twu, ibt, amp, amfa, or local 001.5 of the amalgamated nose pickers - they needn't do what they promised as promises to family and friends were made first.

In AMFA it takes a simple 25% of the affected membership to initiate a recall.

If you're a Shop Rep - 25% of your crew

If you're an Area Rep - 25% of your area at the point

If you're an Airline Rep - 25% of your assigned point.

If you're a Local Officer/Rep - 25% of your Local

If you're a National Officer - 25% of the Association

Here at UAL we recalled an Airline Rep at SFO (our largest maintenance station) we also recalled the UAL ACAC which required 25% of the entire mechanic membership at UAL.

If the offense was as egregious as those listed in this and other threads I have no doubt a recall would be initiated. Nevermind the fact that these same individuals more than likely never would've been in place at all, as they first would've had to stand for election.

When Officers and Reps are accountable to their membership, and that accountability can, and is enforced, the types of offenses you read about on these threads are few.

In AMFA it takes a simple 25% of the affected membership to initiate a recall.

If you're a Shop Rep - 25% of your crew

If you're an Area Rep - 25% of your area at the point

If you're an Airline Rep - 25% of your assigned point.

If you're a Local Officer/Rep - 25% of your Local

If you're a National Officer - 25% of the Association

Here at UAL we recalled an Airline Rep at SFO (our largest maintenance station) we also recalled the UAL ACAC which required 25% of the entire mechanic membership at UAL.

If the offense was as egregious as those listed in this and other threads I have no doubt a recall would be initiated. Nevermind the fact that these same individuals more than likely never would've been in place at all, as they first would've had to stand for election.

When Officers and Reps are accountable to their membership, and that accountability can, and is enforced, the types of offenses you read about on these threads are few.

Cool

I agree about Tulsa's Future Frank it's not going to be what it is now in my opinion in a few years when we have all new planes, anyone in their right mind would be making plans to get out as soon as they can realizing that.
You sound as if you speak from experience! If so could you please share. If not, where are you getting your info. If you haven't talked directly with somebody at AMFA you must just be guessing. Here is a fact, we cannot recall anybody with the TWU no matter what. Put down the koolaid and come up for air. We need a mechanics union accountable to the mechanics not bus drivers.