Disappointed with TWU

You sound as if you speak from experience! If so could you please share. If not, where are you getting your info. If you haven't talked directly with somebody at AMFA you must just be guessing. Here is a fact, we cannot recall anybody with the TWU no matter what. Put down the koolaid and come up for air. We need a mechanics union accountable to the mechanics not bus drivers.
Yes I agree with "the money" explain your first hand knowledge.

You sound as if you speak from experience! If so could you please share. If not, where are you getting your info. If you haven't talked directly with somebody at AMFA you must just be guessing. Here is a fact, we cannot recall anybody with the TWU no matter what. Put down the koolaid and come up for air. We need a mechanics union accountable to the mechanics not bus drivers.

I make my own koolaid anytime you drink someone else's it bound to be disappointing & as some cult folks have discovered the hard way just be be poison.
drinking koolaid as we all know is a trust metaphor, I don't trust anybody least of all companies or Union's or Lawyers or ...............

Reactions: 1 person
I make my own koolaid anytime you drink someone else's it bound to be disappointing & as some cult folks have discovered the hard way just be be poison.
drinking koolaid as we all know is a trust metaphor, I don't trust anybody least of all companies or Union's or Lawyers or ...............
The last prominent koolaid drinking festival got a lot of people killed.

Yes I agree with "the money" explain your first hand knowledge.

We live it all the time at AA & are doing so right now, getting very many people on the same page at AA rarely happens, line vs overhaul .... AMFA vs TWU ..... AMFA vs Teamsters ...... Teamsters vs TWU etc.. vote on the contracts being close, Mechanics at AA are a very diversified group which is why we have had TWU for over 50 years

The last prominent koolaid drinking festival got a lot of people killed.

That can very easily happen when you drink someone else's koolaid, as I said your better off bringing your own to the party & don't trust anyone .... it's not paranoia it's common sense ....LOL

That can very easily happen when you drink someone else's koolaid, as I said your better off bringing your own to the party & don't trust anyone .... it's not paranoia it's common sense ....LOL
Like the references to the Defined Pension vs, a Matching 401k?

Like the references to the Defined Pension vs, a Matching 401k?

I do like a pension but have come to the conclusion that a Union Pension & a company pension are not the same thing so probably would rather pass on it, not crazy about 401k either for many reason's, guess there are other options.

The APA, calls in sick while doing a illegal work action, gets fined by the judge, I think it was $26 million and AA forgives the fine, then they get 14% matching 401k, and no layoff's, the APFA goes on strike in 1993, they pay have as much for insurance as the TWU, and were the industry leaders for a contract.
AA got a judgment for something like $45 million against the APA, which had paid roughly half of it when AA rolled the rest of it into the 2003 pilot concessions (or forgave the balance, depending on your point of view).

The TWU does nothing but show up for work and we get 5% matching 401k and 1/2 pay for a sick day, and we have to count on the management from Delta for a pay raise, loyalty doesn't swing both ways.
The pilots used to have their generous denfined benefit pension PLUS a defined contribution plan (the B plan) into which AA contributed 11%. AA has now offered to contribute 14% into a new 401k to replace the DB and DC plans, so the pilots are getting an additional 3% in exchange for freezing their Defined Benefit plan. The pilots' 14%, like the former 11%, isn't a match - it's a company contribution requiring no contribution by the pilots.

M&R has been offered a 5.5% match to a 401k in exchange for freezing your DB plan. It's not 14%, but it's a larger percentage than the 3% increase the pilots have been offered in exchange for freezing their DB plan.

I agree that there are a lot of reasons to be disappointed with the worthless union.

Raptor doesn't seem to want to answer the question. You talk around it but don't answer it. I will ask again. Where do you get your first hand knowledge of AMFA? Please share or is a constant stream of BS all that you have. Lets here for once where do you draw your facts from

Raptor doesn't seem to want to answer the question. You talk around it but don't answer it. I will ask again. Where do you get your first hand knowledge of AMFA? Please share or is a constant stream of BS all that you have. Lets here for once where do you draw your facts from
I answered the question & here it is again.
you just didn't like my answer.
By the way I have never been in AMFA & most likely I never will be so it's irrelevant anyway.

We live it all the time at AA & are doing so right now, getting very many people on the same page at AA rarely happens, line vs overhaul .... AMFA vs TWU ..... AMFA vs Teamsters ...... Teamsters vs TWU etc.. vote on the contracts being close, Mechanics at AA are a very diversified group which is why we have had TWU for over 50 years

I never said AMFA wouldn't be a good choice I said I don't believe they can get enough cards, thought Teamsters could before the line said they didn't want Teamsters now I don't think either has a chance of getting enough cards, that's fine Mechanics at AA can't get on the same page so we will just stick with the TWU, most of us will be gone in the next 10 years so this will be our last contract so the worst is over anyway.

Hey; any AA amt's that want to know anything about AMFA, contact me at [email protected]. I am a shop steward with local 14. Won't give you my opinion, just the fact ..

Speaking of facts, do tell what the AMFA can do for the mechanics at AA right now. Please...? I know what the AMFA did for the mechanics at NW. Basically the AMFA raided the incumbent union at NW, got in, screwed around for a couple years while the management at NW got their scabs trained, went on strike and ended up losing thousandns of jobs. Mr Olivio V. Delle-Femine got a nice paycheck (over $500.000.00). What ever happend to Mr. McFalane? Anyone got any facts?

Reactions: 1 person
Speaking of facts, do tell what the AMFA can do for the mechanics at AA right now. Please...? I know what the AMFA did for the mechanics at NW. Basically the AMFA raided the incumbent union at NW, got in, screwed around for a couple years while the management at NW got their scabs trained, went on strike and ended up losing thousandns of jobs. Mr Olivio V. Delle-Femine got a nice paycheck (over $500.000.00). What ever happend to Mr. McFalane? Anyone got any facts?

Anytime you go on strike there are risks, throw in an oil rig destruction & airplanes on the ground from a hurricane then a bankruptcy & any Union is gonna have problems but it was the employee's who chose to strike not the Union so can't blame them for that anymore than we can blame TWU for AA bankruptcy.

I had Northwest stock at the time & thought for sure they were gonna beat the strike & I was going to make lots of money like what happened at AA but then the hurricane hit & that put Northwest out for the count.

Anytime you go on strike there are risks, throw in an oil rig destruction & airplanes on the ground from a hurricane then a bankruptcy & any Union is gonna have problems but it was the employee's who chose to strike not the Union so can't blame them for that anymore than we can blame TWU for AA bankruptcy.

I had Northwest stock at the time & thought for sure they were gonna beat the strike & I was going to make lots of money like what happened at AA but then the hurricane hit & that put Northwest out for the count.

Seriously?