Disappointed with TWU

Seriously?

what part were you confused about ?
Dude strike's are messy business for everyone involved, i'm not for them myself, that should be the last resort because it can & often doesn't end well for employee's but they chose it & lost .... could have been any Union that would make that choice, TWU is well known to be against strikes that's actually the only thing I like about them, I prefer that the members gum up the works while staying on the job that way the employee's can last longer than the company can .... you know what I mean, blue flu etc.

Anytime you go on strike there are risks, throw in an oil rig destruction & airplanes on the ground from a hurricane then a bankruptcy & any Union is gonna have problems but it was the employee's who chose to strike not the Union so can't blame them for that anymore than we can blame TWU for AA bankruptcy.

I had Northwest stock at the time & thought for sure they were gonna beat the strike & I was going to make lots of money like what happened at AA but then the hurricane hit & that put Northwest out for the count.
You are delusional.

Speaking of facts, do tell what the AMFA can do for the mechanics at AA right now. Please...? I know what the AMFA did for the mechanics at NW. Basically the AMFA raided the incumbent union at NW, got in, screwed around for a couple years while the management at NW got their scabs trained, went on strike and ended up losing thousandns of jobs. Mr Olivio V. Delle-Femine got a nice paycheck (over $500.000.00). What ever happend to Mr. McFalane? Anyone got any facts?
If you would have attended the AMFA informational meeting today, even as an adversary, you might have learned the truth about AMFA at NWA.

My hat is off to Buck and the others who took the time to actually inform themselves. To those who spew BS, he and others attended an informational meeting asked questions and got answers. If he agrees or not, he speaks from an informed position. A informed mechanic who wants a mechanics union. Kryptonite to the TWU

If you would have attended the AMFA informational meeting today, even as an adversary, you might have learned the truth about AMFA at NWA.

Buck, I was surprised that the turnout was not as large as I was suspecting it to be???

Buck, I was surprised that the turnout was not as large as I was suspecting it to be???

I wasn't people have lives to live they don't have time to go to informational meetings, I've been to a few & haven't seen one yet that had over 60 people, actually 60 people is pretty good, Even though the Teamsters are very popular in Tulsa I suspect their informational meeting on the 26 won't have more than 60 people either, mostly the people who go to those things are already organizers & it's a way to get them to come together to get them motivated again.

Speaking of facts, do tell what the AMFA can do for the mechanics at AA right now. Please...? I know what the AMFA did for the mechanics at NW. Basically the AMFA raided the incumbent union at NW, got in, screwed around for a couple years while the management at NW got their scabs trained, went on strike and ended up losing thousandns of jobs. Mr Olivio V. Delle-Femine got a nice paycheck (over $500.000.00). What ever happend to Mr. McFalane? Anyone got any facts?
You are clueless as to what happened. You are simply spouting the anti AMFA talking points that somebody fed you.

How did you like the raise you got after the NWA AMFA contract?

Of course, with your foolish statement, I suspect you were not even an airline employee then.

When I was an AMFA organizer back in 2003, My supervisor harassed me & was writing me up for it because he had many reasons for wanting to keep the TWU, I contacted HR but their advice was stop organizing for AMFA once again that wasn't an option so I believe it was Don Rodgers that suggested I contact AMFA legal so I did they took my contact information & told me to lay low for a week while they take care of the problem & get back to me, within a week I got a phone call & a letter that they sent to my supervisor & AA Legal threatening a Lawsuit, that letter made a huge impact on AA legal & my supervisor, after that I never had any trouble from him ..... I was impressed with the speed & efficiency of AMFA Legal team Seeham in solving the problem.

Turnout can be a feint, the Avionics crew at TUL in hangar 1D is all onboard and I was the only one there. When sure of your position, the only reason to attend is show support. The same could happen at the Teamsters informational meeting. My guess is that there will quite a turnout,as the Teamsters will have some questions to answer. The Teamsters have been caught in a few situations spouting less than the truth. Again to those who attended the AMFA meeting, know what I am referring to. I feel that the day will come when the collusion between the international levels of the industrial unions will come to light. The locals may claim otherwise, however the timing of the IBT's arrival is questionable.

When I was an AMFA organizer back in 2003, My supervisor harassed me & was writing me up for it because he had many reasons for wanting to keep the TWU, I contacted HR but their advice was stop organizing for AMFA once again that wasn't an option so I believe it was Don Rodgers that suggested I contact AMFA legal so I did they took my contact information & told me to lay low for a week while they take care of the problem & get back to me, within a week I got a phone call & a letter that they sent to my supervisor & AA Legal threatening a Lawsuit, that letter made a huge impact on AA legal & my supervisor, after that I never had any trouble from him ..... I was impressed with the speed & efficiency of AMFA Legal team Seeham in solving the problem.
Yet your confusion which has melted some, still favors who?

The AA mechanic rank and file won't show much interest in AMFA until the tenative contract is passed.

Then the twu will answer all complaints with their patented 3 answers.

1. You guys voted for it!

2. Your lucky to have a job!

3. They can do that brother!

And at a twu union meeting you will hear this classic line; " You are out of order, brother!"

Turnout can be a feint, the Avionics crew at TUL in hangar 1D is all onboard and I was the only one there. When sure of your position, the only reason to attend is show support. The same could happen at the Teamsters informational meeting. My guess is that there will quite a turnout,as the Teamsters will have some questions to answer. The Teamsters have been caught in a few situations spouting less than the truth. Again to those who attended the AMFA meeting, know what I am referring to. I feel that the day will come when the collusion between the international levels of the industrial unions will come to light. The locals may claim otherwise, however the timing of the IBT's arrival is questionable.

I agree most of the people there were there for support not to ask questions & yes that is typical of any card drive for any union & will be the same for the Teamsters, the turnout was typical for an Informational & does not indicate support level.

Yet your confusion which has melted some, still favors who?

Oh I like AMFA better just don't think they can get enough cards to file, I've always said that from the first day I came to this forum, the Teamsters are getting ready for a shock & Awe campaign that will really be impressive in the next couple of weeks, you won't be able to miss it, it's not about who is best for Mechanics it's about who can win, since the line stations say they won't support Teamsters I now don't think either will get enough, guess TWU will have to do.

The AA mechanic rank and file won't show much interest in AMFA until the tenative contract is passed.

Then the twu will answer all complaints with their patented 3 answers.

1. You guys voted for it!

2. Your lucky to have a job!

3. They can do that brother!

And at a twu union meeting you will hear this classic line; " You are out of order, brother!"
All that comes from your Elected Union officers so any Union officer could say the same, not much point in confusing Individual Union officers with a whole Union.

You are clueless as to what happened. You are simply spouting the anti AMFA talking points that somebody fed you.

How did you like the raise you got after the NWA AMFA contract?

Of course, with your foolish statement, I suspect you were not even an airline employee then.

Strake didn't "spout" anything, rather, he asked someone (you), who sounds knowledgeable about amfa, a few questions. You took offense and got insulting - you're a helluva salesman for your social club, aren't you? That rates right down there with the group of amfa supporters that walked through the turbine building years ago telling the machinists they wouldn't have a job when amfa was installed.

Brilliant!

What he asked is regarding the impression most everyone that hasn't gone to one of your precious meetings has asked at one time or another - it's a fair question - the verbage may not please you but you do have the right to berate him for that - not for asking a valid question.

If you standard answer to a legit question remains an uncalled for barb, many - me included - will have to assume there's some legitimacy to what's being implied.

Now - quit playing Secret Squirrel and answer the man.

Latest posts

Back