DOH. VS Original TWA Seniority

Well I do not understand what the TWA Flight Attendants are complaining about. I work in a department in management at AA and we recieved about 20 TWA management. Not only did they get original company seniority the were allowed to bump my vacation bidding...bump my shift bidding, and they are still not happy. They got a substantial raise with in the past year and a half. No AA employee will recieve one, alot of them still have jobs and are not even thankful that they have one. And all I hear is how different and better it was at TWA. My suggestion is get over it TWA does not exist any more (only in history books). Love AA or leave AA. This is the first time I think me as a member of management is starting to appreciate our Flight Attendants. Thanks TWA for bringing the REAAL AAers closer to one another.

We hear this time and time again. Things at TWA being so much better. A company that lost money its last 17 years in business. Bankruptcy more than once. A company that was raided by Ichan. Not knowing how long you might have a job. Well you be the judge. Is that a company that you would run out and apply with?

EXACTLY...I can not understand their logic. I admire them for sticking with a losing...failing carrier but do not agree that they should have their cake and eat it to

Maybe you guys in management should get hired by another airline and DEMAND your full seniority. If they don't give it to you just change your name to Sherry Cooper and take them to court.

PLEASE do not take us there bicaal! Might I point out that some of your TWA cohorts could use a remedial course of English composition. There is no point to that sort of nonsense, but for fun, I'll return the favor:[BR][BR]Posted by your friend riptide44:[BR][BR][SPAN class=BodyFont][EM]What a humorous thread.Bottom line: the courts will decide......I detect a few nervous twitches in cyberspace/and esp this board . Time will tell.[BR]And even the APFA board is silent.go figure.[/EM][BR][/SPAN][BR]There are enough unnecessary periods in there to rival an all girl high school. And run-on sentences go on and on.[BR]Here's another: [BR][BR][EM][STRONG]YO[/STRONG]u underestimate the LLcers thoughts, beliefs and [STRONG]fortutude[/STRONG]. You are [STRONG]wrong.As [/STRONG]much as you want to play NICE/NICE , we are not naiive. I do believe [STRONG]there is a numbers of NAAtives[/STRONG], who think that a [STRONG]senority[/STRONG] ratio should have worked. The straight staple is a slam to the core of Unionism nationwide. [STRONG]TH[/STRONG]e courts will decide. [BR]Most LLCers are behind the force of DOH, yet they wont [STRONG]voice it-being [/STRONG]active [STRONG]f/a's, due [/STRONG]to the backsplash of negativity from nAAtives. [STRONG]SO[/STRONG]metimes feeling the need [STRONG]to 'hide'their [/STRONG]ID upon boarding an aircraft as [STRONG]passrider/jumpseater)IDs [/STRONG]are so [STRONG]different ,[/STRONG]it [STRONG]definately [/STRONG]TAGS the person in the [STRONG]WHO's WHO question..Blackballed[/STRONG], being treated differently as a TWllers seems to be the norm.[BR][BR]Honestly, over 3 years [STRONG]ago, as [/STRONG]a T[STRONG]wa[/STRONG] employee looking at [STRONG]AA, I [/STRONG]was in awe of their [STRONG]strides, full [/STRONG]circle. Being a part of AA now, and seeing the mistakes , [STRONG]incompetance, the waste, on[/STRONG] a daily [STRONG]basis, has [/STRONG]made a whole new picture. There is much work to be done. [BR]Trust [STRONG]me, in [/STRONG]this [STRONG]arena, of [/STRONG]cost saving [STRONG]ideas, there is [/STRONG]much to be learned from TWA. [BR]Just dont let the AA paper work involved cost 1 million to make a simple [STRONG]change-still [/STRONG]upholding the contracts, change can be [STRONG]met.....and be huge [/STRONG]savings to AA. JMHO.[BR][BR][/EM]If you don't want to be treated like a kindergartner, don't act like one. Grow up and stick to the point. [BR]I suppose you should know all there is about different work groups banding together as one. Afterall, that is why your airline is still flying... Oops, it's not.

I have withdrawn my post. It wasn't necessary to ridicule a member of management. It is difficult to maintain dignity when from every corner we are subjected to such hatred.

Wow with all of those kind words, no wonder we feel so welcome! Note that management did get their DOH.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 2:06:04 PM AAirMale wrote:

PLEASE do not take us there bicaal! Might I point out that some of your TWA cohorts could use a remedial course of English composition. There is no point to that sort of nonsense, but for fun, I'll return the favor:

Posted by your friend riptide44:

[SPAN class=BodyFont][EM]What a humorous thread.Bottom line: the courts will decide......I detect a few nervous twitches in cyberspace/and esp this board . Time will tell.
And even the APFA board is silent.go figure.[/EM]
[/SPAN]
There are enough unnecessary periods in there to rival an all girl high school. And run-on sentences go on and on.
Here's another:

[EM][STRONG]YO[/STRONG]u underestimate the LLcers thoughts, beliefs and [STRONG]fortutude[/STRONG]. You are [STRONG]wrong.As [/STRONG]much as you want to play NICE/NICE , we are not naiive. I do believe [STRONG]there is a numbers of NAAtives[/STRONG], who think that a [STRONG]senority[/STRONG] ratio should have worked. The straight staple is a slam to the core of Unionism nationwide. [STRONG]TH[/STRONG]e courts will decide.
Most LLCers are behind the force of DOH, yet they wont [STRONG]voice it-being [/STRONG]active [STRONG]f/a's, due [/STRONG]to the backsplash of negativity from nAAtives. [STRONG]SO[/STRONG]metimes feeling the need [STRONG]to 'hide'their [/STRONG]ID upon boarding an aircraft as [STRONG]passrider/jumpseater)IDs [/STRONG]are so [STRONG]different ,[/STRONG]it [STRONG]definately [/STRONG]TAGS the person in the [STRONG]WHO's WHO question..Blackballed[/STRONG], being treated differently as a TWllers seems to be the norm.

Honestly, over 3 years [STRONG]ago, as [/STRONG]a T[STRONG]wa[/STRONG] employee looking at [STRONG]AA, I [/STRONG]was in awe of their [STRONG]strides, full [/STRONG]circle. Being a part of AA now, and seeing the mistakes , [STRONG]incompetance, the waste, on[/STRONG] a daily [STRONG]basis, has [/STRONG]made a whole new picture. There is much work to be done.
Trust [STRONG]me, in [/STRONG]this [STRONG]arena, of [/STRONG]cost saving [STRONG]ideas, there is [/STRONG]much to be learned from TWA.
Just dont let the AA paper work involved cost 1 million to make a simple [STRONG]change-still [/STRONG]upholding the contracts, change can be [STRONG]met.....and be huge [/STRONG]savings to AA. JMHO.

[/EM]If you don't want to be treated like a kindergartener, don't act like one. Grow up and stick to the point. I guess you should know all there is about different work groups banding together as a whole. Afterall, that is why your airline is still flying... Oops, it's not.
----------------
[/blockquote]

This has to be the funniest reply I have ever read. Thanks for the humor!

AAirmale ,
I hope you never lose your sense of humor-
you will need it in the future.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 3:48:44 PM AAirMale wrote:

Riptide,
The thing I'LL never lose is my college degree. I just wish there were something that I could advise you not to lose. Unfortunately you've already lost it all.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Glad to see you spellchecked again, and corrected your 'loose' to 'lose.'
College Degree? Yes, I accomplished that as well. Yet, I dont feel the need to boast about it on a message board.

[BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE]----------------[BR]On 12/3/2002 3:48:44 PM AAirMale wrote: [BR][BR]Riptide, [BR]The thing I'LL (sic) never loose (sic) is my college degree in Architecture (sic). I just wish there were (sic) something that I could advise you not to loose (sic). Unfortunately you've already lost it all.[BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"]
[P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" align=left]People who live in glass houses should not cast stones.[BR][BR][STRONG]loose[/STRONG] [BR][BR]adj. loos·er, loos·est [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[BLOCKQUOTE]
[OL]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Not fastened, restrained, or contained: [CITE]loose bricks.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Not taut, fixed, or rigid: [CITE]a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: [CITE]criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: [CITE]loose shoes.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: [CITE]loose papers.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: [CITE]loose gravel.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: [CITE]loose talk.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Not formal; relaxed: [CITE]a loose atmosphere at the club.[/CITE] [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior. [/DIV][BR]
[LI]
[DIV align=left]Not literal or exact: [CITE]a loose translation.[/CITE] [/DIV][/LI][/OL][BR]
[DIV align=left]Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: [CITE]a loose cough; loose bowels.[/CITE] [BR][BR][BR][A href="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=loose"]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=loose[/A][BR][BR][BR][STRONG]lose[/STRONG][BR]v. lost, (lôst, lst) [b]los·ing,[/b] [b]los·es [/b][BR][i]v.[/i] [i]tr.[/i] [/DIV]
[DIV align=left]
[OL][BR]
[LI]To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: [CITE]He's always losing his car keys.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]
[OL type=a][BR]
[LI type=a]To be deprived of (something one has had): [CITE]lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI type=a]To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: [CITE]lost his wife.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI type=a]To be unable to keep alive: [CITE]a doctor who has lost very few patients.[/CITE] [/LI][/OL][BR]
[LI]To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: [CITE]lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]To fail to win; fail in: [CITE]lost the game; lost the court case.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]To fail to use or take advantage of: [CITE]Don't lose a chance to improve your position.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]To fail to hear, see, or understand: [CITE]We lost the plane in the fog. I lost her when she started speaking about thermodynamics.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI][BR]
[OL type=a][BR]
[LI type=a]To let (oneself) become unable to find the way. [BR]
[LI type=a]To remove (oneself), as from everyday reality into a fantasy world. [/LI][/OL][BR]
[LI]To rid oneself of: [CITE]lost five pounds.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]To consume aimlessly; waste: [CITE]lost a week in idle occupations.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]To wander from or become ignorant of: [CITE]lose one's way.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI][BR]
[OL type=a][BR]
[LI type=a]To elude or outdistance: [CITE]lost their pursuers.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI type=a]To be outdistanced by: [CITE]chased the thieves but lost them.[/CITE] [/LI][/OL][BR]
[LI]To become slow by (a specified amount of time). Used of a timepiece. [BR]
[LI]To cause or result in the loss of: [CITE]Failure to reply to the advertisement lost her the job.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]To cause to be destroyed. Usually used in the passive: [CITE]Both planes were lost in the crash.[/CITE] [BR]
[LI]To cause to be damned. [BR][BR][A href="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lose"]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lose[/A][/LI][/OL][/DIV][/BLOCKQUOTE]

Riptide, [BR]The thing I'LL never lose is my college degree. I just wish there were something that I could advise you not to lose. Unfortunately you've already lost it all.

Come on guys, you can do better than that. How pathetic is it that all you can come up with is that I misspelled a word? You just couldn't wait to jump on that, could you. A misspelling that I corrected before you caught it. Is that your only defense? Can't you come up with something more than some worn out cliché about casting stones in houses? In the meantime, I eagerly await your response to the real issue at hand.[BR][BR]And if you have a college degree, I implore you to stop acting like a kindergartner. I've had enough of your games of tit for tat.

As long as you refer to employees as ReAAl AAers or TWAers the longer you fuel the hatred and bitterness. As a former TWAer and now a reAAl AAer, I hope that American Airlines will prosper sooner rather than later. I also hope many people will be called back to work as soon as possible. Why not try to get to know a few of your coworkers. I suspect you would like most of us as we are just like you trying to raise families and pay for mortgages and cars, etc. Yes there are complainers in every workforce and they would be there regardless and will be there regardless. I am grateful to have a job with American Airlines (as all who still have a job should be). I just don't buy the fact that I owe another employee because I have a job. In this industry right now no job is totally secure. I feel fortunate to have a job right now and feel bad for those out of work. If you are employed, feel fortunate. It is not because you are better than the ones furloughed. You are just fortunate.